The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread Two on the Trot for Posh! 3 - 2 Posh recorded their second straight win with this 3-2 victory over a determined Grays Athletic. Gerard Piq

Re: The Leamington Invitational OfficCial Thread Crawley Town 2-0 Gretna. Gretna were sent home without anything after a fairly impressive performance from the home side earned them a 3 point l

Turn 2 (Thu 25th Oct) Arbroath 0 - 3 Adelaide United United finish with nine men but still have enough to gain three points on there charge back to D2. Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Perth Glory Glory get f

LAST NIGHT

845.gifNORTHWICH VICTORIA 2 - 4 EAST FIFE774.gif

The Vics started life off in this new setup with a spanking at home. East Fife travelled down from bonnie Scotland to kick off division three's campaign. Stuart Elliott got Victoria off to a great start with only a minute played, things looks promising. Craig Smart and Paul Ritchie turned the tables and put Fife into the lead at half time. The Vics began the half as well as the first with Mark Sale pulling the game level on 47. Ally Mitchell and Greig Macdonald hit the Vics net with goals in the last twenty minutes getting Northwich off to a terrible start. The team as with most should be completely changed before the next game with many new signings coming in.

TAMWORTH TIMES

Newcastle United Jets 0 - 0 TAMWORTH

A good start to the season for Luke's lowly rated Tamworth as they managed to hold off Adam's Newcastle United Jets!

It was a match in which the Jets pretty much dominated with them having 10 shots at goal with all 10 on target! But it was the Jets keeper who got man of the match even though he only had to save 2 of Tamworth's 10 shots on goal!

Tune in next week for a match report on Tamworths home game against Aldershot :D

MATCHDAY ONE

Division 1

Newcastle United Jets 0 - 0 Tamworth

Birkirkara 2 - 1 Torquay United

Hibernians FC Paola 3 - 3 Queensland Roar

Gretna 1 - 0 Notts County

Aldershot 0 - 2 Peterborough Utd

Crawley Town 1 - 2 Central Coast Mariners

Division 2

Wrexham 0 - 0 Bristol Rovers

Sydney FC 0 - 6 Adelaide United

New Zealand Knights 3 - 3 Raith Rovers

Dagenham & Redbridge 2 - 2 Southport

Exeter City 1 - 0 Albion Rovers

Stafford Rangers 2 - 2 Sliema Wanderers

Division 3

Rushden & Diamonds 1 - 0 Grays Athletic

Burton Albion 2 - 0 Morecambe

Alloa Athletic 0 - 3 Stirling Albion

Arbroath 2 - 4 Perth Glory

Forest Green 0 - 0 Cowdenbeath

Northwich Victoria 2 - 4 East Fife

TEAM OF THE TURN

TAMWORTH(division one)

Lukes side held Newcastle United Jets to a 0-0 draw dispite the rating difference between both sides being vast. Lukes Tamworth also played away and held there own but only managed two shots on target. Also running close were Adelaide United who destroyed Sydney away and Stafford Rangers at home who held Sliema Wanderers.

PLAYER OF THE TURN

Colin Cramb(stirling albion)

71rated striker Cramb helped his side off to a perfect start away to Alloa. Grabbing the first two goals in a three nil win he edged Perth Glorys Despotovski to the record this turn.

QUOTE OF THE TURN

Neller SNR(sydney fc)

'If you can't stand the heat in the dressing room, get out of the kitchen '

mburns_vampire.gif

Neller lays down the law after the hammering from Adelaide United but forgets where he is :D

TRANSFERS

Can any of the guys who went for highly rated 80's get there man. I had a look on the transfers that went through and cant find any but i'm sure there was some there. The reason i ask is did they refuse to join???. If so then this setup is even better than i expected as you have to work your way up to the good players, you cant just have instant success Muwahahahahahaha :P

Hey Steve, If I'm correct you cannot play any 90's, yes?

Just telling you that Im getting Belletti (90) but will not play him, ever, unless he gets a decrease. It's not gona harm anyone, is it? Im obeying the rules 100%... please tell me if Im causing any problems like so (not that Im supposed to be) :o:)

EDIT: Actually forget it, Im gona cancel the deal anyway as I wont have enough cash for my prospects :P

However, still, would this be allowed??

I'd rather you didnt but if you have no intention of playing him' date=' what would be the reason for signing him????. Also as mentioned in the rules at the beginning of the setup if you buy a player who's rating entered the 90's you would have to get rid so i think its only fair that you dont buy anyone 90 or over.[/quote']

:(

I was buying Belletti (now cancelled) because he was on the list and was cheap, and I could make a profit in the future...

I was buying Barberez because I think he will soon get a decrease... (bid not cancelled yet - should I cancel it??)

Yes please, what we think and what will happen are two different things mate. If i had the cash i would buy Ronaldinho because in a few years time i think he will be below 90 :) . Please adhere to the rules and dont overcomplicate matters :rolleyes: . Otherwise i may have to join your setup and make transfers outside the deadline periods.

cheers bud.

Yes please' date=' what we think and what will happen are two different things mate. If i had the cash i would buy Ronaldinho because in a few years time i think he will be below 90 . Please adhere to the rules and dont overcomplicate matters . Otherwise i may have to join your setup and make transfers outside the deadline periods.

cheers bud.[/quote']

*Overcomplicates Matters...* :D

Ill cancel it when SM is back up :):(

Can any of the guys who went for highly rated 80's get there man. I had a look on the transfers that went through and cant find any but i'm sure there was some there. The reason i ask is did they refuse to join???. If so then this setup is even better than i expected as you have to work your way up to the good players' date=' you cant just have instant success Muwahahahahahaha :P[/quote']

My two solid senior citizen targets Speed and Cesar refused the move so looks like it really is gonna be a battle in this setup, i wanted those players badly but i think it will make this setup even better than it is if people cant buy a squad of 35 yr olds rated 85+ :)

Certainly appeals to me :P

My two solid senior citizen targets Speed and Cesar refused the move so looks like it really is gonna be a battle in this setup' date=' i wanted those players badly but i think it will make this setup even better than it is if people cant buy a squad of 35 yr olds rated 85+ :)

Certainly appeals to me :P[/quote']

In a way thats good to hear, if everyone could buy the wrinklies it would of defeated the object of working towards better teams. Should make things interesting. I already enjoy looking for young underrated players for this team better than buying 90+somethings that you know are good. :D

new Signings

The Aldershot manager returns from a brief 2 day sabbatical to announce the signing of 25 new players all young and prospects for the future. Already after training today and looking at the team the overall rating has raised by 3 points to 69, the playing average rating has rasied by 8 points to 74, and the average age has decreased to a meer 19.

Exeter City transfer news:

Exeter have not made too many signings but a few new players will hopefully complete their transfers tomorrow if they are willing to join the club.

These players are:

Daniel Chavez - The 19 yr old, 80 rated Peruvian striker was on the transfer list for a cut price 1.8m which was too good to resist.

Shogo Niashkawa - 23 yrs, 76, defender. Was transfer listed for a small fee of 650k when his value was 722k.

Yukihiro Yamase - 22, 76, central midfield, was transfer listed for 670k when his value was 743k.

Takahito Soma - 25, 80, central midfield, was transfer listed for a small of 1.1m, considering his value is 1.8m he should prove to be a good buy. Should play alongside Yamase. Completes the trio of Japanese players.

Loan:

Tomasz Kuszczak - 24, 87, goalkeeper, was third goalkeeper for Man Utd and they accepted the bid first time. Will have a major role to play for City.

? - Bid for this player was rejected, but will hopefully work this time.

? - Same as above.

TEAM OF THE TURN

TAMWORTH(division one)[/center]

Lukes side held Newcastle United Jets to a 0-0 draw dispite the rating difference between both sides being vast. Lukes Tamworth also played away and held there own but only managed two shots on target.

Luke Coates has come to personally thank Steve for the mention of his Tamworth team getting the 'team of the turn' award! Luke stated that hopefully Aldershot will be the first scalp of the season and will be looking to pick up 3 points in the match at home! Luke said, 'looking at the Aldershot team they have some good players, but we will be hoping to make it 2 defeats from 2 for Aldershot as they lost there last game 2-0 at the hands of a strong Peterbrough side'

Steve, i like the team of the turn, player of the turn etc. that youre doing, it makes a great setup that extra bit better ;):D

Exeter City enter the second game of the season with roughly the same team.

Brought in so far are Japanese duo Shogo Niashkawa and Yukihiro Yamase. Adam Eckersley and Tomasz Kuszczak have been brought in on loan with Giuseppe Rossi also wanted. Takahito Soma and Daniel Chavez were also due to sign but refused to. City have accepted bids for them again.

Exeter face a tough task away to Nav's Adelaide who have built a strong side.

Martignetti Wants Division 1 Title!

Martignetti Wants Division 1 Title!

Peterborough United boss Martignetti has stated he wants to bring the division 1 title to Peterborough, he said this at the pre-match press conference:

"I would love to see the Leamington Invitational trophy at London Road, and I expect it to be at the end of the season! Tonight will be a stern test of our teamwork, against a very good Hibernians FC Paola team, who have signed 13 new players, plus 3 great loanees, and many I expect to start, Sir Bobo is a great manager, who I admire and respect very much, and it would be great to beat him, which is achievable. Ashley Young will start alongside Aaron McLean, not Danny Crow. Micah Hyde will start, although he didnt start the other game as he had the flu"

A gleam of silver in Bristol?

Bristol Rovers manager Paul Thame pledges to the people of Bristol that he will be hoping to bring at least one piece of silverware to the city that hasn't seen a piece of footballing silverware for several years. His team feel confiedent that they can back up the managers claims, although they face tough opposition tonight in the form of Neller's New Zealand Knights, but Rovers hope on-loan striker Gonzalo Higuain will breakdown the Knights defence.

Exeter move top!

Exeter City last night completed a magnificent win over Nav's Adelaide United. Lee Elam, a January transfer window signing from Weymouth, opened the scoring after only 3 minutes and Adam Stansfield doubled the lead after 31. Adelaide pulled one back through Greg Owens 8 minutes later. That was the end of the scoring. Tomasz Kuszczak got MoM. This result put City top of division 2, 2 points ahead of 2nd place Dagenham.

Takahito Soma and Daniel Chavez both completed their moves last night worth a combined 2.9m.

Unfortunatly City lost money last night due to their wage bill. However, Tomasz Kuszczak will not be sent back whatever and will remain at the club for the rest of the season.

City have given up on Giuseppe Rossi. The club have had 4 rejected loan bids for him and have had enough.

Next up for City is another away match, this time to 001's Sliema Wanderers where a tough match wil be contested.

NEW SIGNINGS AT THE ROAR!!

Emeka Opara--22yo Nigerian cf rated 80

Bought from Kaiserslautem for 3.3m

Ezequiel Britez--21yo Argentinian lb/cb rated 79

bought from Estudiantes for 2.5m

Lars Bender--17yo German dm rated 75

bought from TSV Munchen 1860 for 1m

Keith Keane--20 yo Irish rm rated 77

bought from Luton Town for 1.4m

Manager Kevin D announced that more signings were on the way,squad rating is now 73 and set to rise,sure who wouldn't want to play all their home games in the sun at Queensland Roar!!! :):)

28th and 29th Aldershot signings

Aldershot announce there 28th and 29th signing of this season

Francisco Javier GONZÁLEZ an 18 year old defender from Deportivo Toluca and Tomás HORAVA an 18 year old defender from Sigma Olomouc

Manager Son of Pluto also expressed how pleased he was with his team after the 5-2 away win over Tamworth last night. :D