The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread Two on the Trot for Posh! 3 - 2 Posh recorded their second straight win with this 3-2 victory over a determined Grays Athletic. Gerard Piq

Re: The Leamington Invitational OfficCial Thread Crawley Town 2-0 Gretna. Gretna were sent home without anything after a fairly impressive performance from the home side earned them a 3 point l

Turn 2 (Thu 25th Oct) Arbroath 0 - 3 Adelaide United United finish with nine men but still have enough to gain three points on there charge back to D2. Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Perth Glory Glory get f

Re: The Leamington Invitational Official Thread

how low does it has to be???

my bids were for 80' date=' 80, 81, 77, 76, 80 and 82 rated players. :([/quote']

Well as i said i just signed a 78 and i'm in division three. The beauty of the setup in my eyes is you have to try that bit harder to make a good team, keep trying mate you will get there.

how low does it has to be???

my bids were for 80' date=' 80, 81, 77, 76, 80 and 82 rated players. :([/quote']

Start off with a couple of low 70s. When you've made your average rating go up, you will be able to sign higher rated players. :)

I have a couple of high 60 rated players you can sign, I'm Exeter City :)

BURTON ALBION 0 - 2 NORTHWICH VICTORIA

Northwichs unbeaten away record stayed intact as they took out Kevs Burton Albion in there own yard. Preperation for the cups second round against Tamworth went well as defender Jadeilson scored the opener before the break. Birminghams onlaon midfielder Gary McSheffery scored the scond to seal the win seeing his shot bounce in off the woodwork. New signing Luis Mori had a good debut and nearly found the net firing his shot over the bar. All in all a good win and allthough a non mover in 8th place keeping up with the high flyers.

Bristol Rovers are confident about their cup tie tonight against Maltese side Sliema Wanderers.

"It will be... tricky match tonight. I hope to... keep the team in the cup, so I feel a sense... of pressure" said Rovers goalkeeper Andreas Reinke.

"Same as Andreas, I feel the pressure. It's up to me and young Gonzalo to score the goals," said Rovers striker Teddy Sheringham.

"The lads are certainly up for it, they've been working 110% for this cup game, as poor Raimond knows, so it all depends on the 90 minutes tonight." said the manager Paul Thame.

769.gif Raith Rovers 3 - 0 POSH 59.gif

Peterborough United have been knocked out of the Leamington Invitational Cup in only the second round. Martignetti does not really care about the cup this season, he said this to the press after the game:

"I dont really concentrate on the cup, I prefer to get my team to a high position in the league before I even think about the cup, hence the reserves starting out there. Although I am a little disappointed, I will be happy just to concentrate on the league. All credit to Raith Rovers and their manager Fraser McInnes, I wish them the best of luck for their cup run, and the rest of the season"

As of tomorrow morning, would anyone like a loan goalkeeper? Pure reason, I'm buying 8 goalkeepers, 7 of them available to loan. I call the system the 'help the rating poor' Bristol trust. I can loan:

Alberto Fontana

Ignjac Kresic

Marco Ballotta

Andre Ardense

Patrick Lodewijks

Pat Onstad

Bengt Andersson

14Bristol Rovers 5-0 Albion Rovers albion_small.gif

An easy win for Paul Thame's Bristol Rovers over his brother's Albion Rovers. Daniel Borimirov scored the first of the rout on the 55th minute, before Albion Rovers accidentially substituted their goalkeeper for their bench right-back, then all hell broke loose. Michael Tarnat started the demolition scoring the second on the 63rd minute. In no time at all, Daniel Borimirov scores his second of the game on the 64th minute. Gonzalo Higuain scored the fourth straight from the kick-off on the 65th minute. To end the rout, Daniel Borimirov completes a stunning hat-trick on the 69th minute. Paul said after the match "We could of scored 8 or 9 after their goalkeeper got subbed for the right back, although it's simply down to bad management skills."

Just wondering whether the weekly awards are to continue?

Interesting, fun and added bonus to the setup imo

Steve contributes so many quality match reports maybe a manager could be allocated it each week? Just an idea. :)

MATCHDAY SIX

Division 1

Notts County 2 - 1 Central Coast Mariners

Queensland Roar 4 - 2 Tamworth

Birkirkara 3 - 1 Aldershot

Hibernians FC Paola 1 - 0 Torquay United

Gretna 2 - 1 Peterborough Utd

Crawley Town 1 - 1 Newcastle United Jets

Bobo's Hibs are holding onto top spot after there win but are closely followed by Gretna led by Anthony o'Neil. At the bottom Tamworth are looking in trouble early on already four points short of safety. Crawley Town drop into the bottom two dispite holding the Jets to a draw.

Division 2

Bristol Rovers 5 - 0 Albion Rovers

Wrexham 6 - 1 Southport

Sydney FC 0 - 0 Exeter City

New Zealand Knights 1 - 0 Sliema Wanderers

Raith Rovers 1 - 1 Adelaide United

Dagenham & Redbridge 0 - 1 Stafford Rangers

Aussie sides New Zealand Knights and Sydney lead the way in D2 but are being chased by Wrexham and Exeter. At the wrong side of the table winless Albion Rovers and Southport occupy the bottom two slots.

Division 3

Rushden & Diamonds 1 - 0 Stirling Albion

Grays Athletic 0 - 4 Perth Glory

Cowdenbeath 1 - 0 East Fife

Alloa Athletic 1 - 1 Burton Albion

Forest Green 0 - 6 Morecambe

Northwich Victoria 3 - 1 Arbroath

Marks Morecambe side destroyed Forest Green leaving them top having netted 21goals and only conceding 3 in six games. Perth Glory have the same points as they also made light work of Grays Athletic. Managerless Arbroath are bottom with only one point.

PLAYER OF THE TURN

Bobby DESPOTOVSKI(perth glory)

The aging legs of Despotovski showed no signs of letting up as he played a superb game collecting the MOM award for his two goal showing as Perth beat Grays four nil. Bobbys first cance came on 39minutes with Perth already two up he saw his shot bounce off the post. No matter as one minute later he scored with a fantastic lob over the keeper. Wrapping up the game in the 83rd his second goal was a shot that found its way into the net courtesy of a deflection. His fourth of the season earning the Aussie the player of the turn accolade.

TRANSFER OF THE TURN

GARY SPEED to BRISTOL ROVERS

Pthames capture of Gary Speed for only £200k is a great signing for the division two club. Making his debut in the game against Albion he will add some experience into the Rovers midfield as they strive to catch the top two.

TEAM OF THE SETUP

BRISTOL ROVERS

Pthames squad has swelled to 49players since the creation of the setup and a worthy rating of 77 means they are currently the setups best squad. However money doesnt buy success as in division two Rovers are 8th placed. Old hands such as Speed, Sheringham, Tarnat and Reinke may help short termthe younger players are the future and thats where Rovers lack at the moment.

QUOTE OF THE TURN

'In football, if you stand still you go backwards.'

milhouse2.gif

Ryan Delf livid at his new side Forest Greens destruction by Morecambe.

My 1000th post.

Re: MATCHDAY SIX

Division 1

Bobo's Hibs are holding onto top spot after there win but are closely followed by Gretna led by Anthony o'Neil. At the bottom Tamworth are looking in trouble early on already four points short of safety. Crawley Town drop into the bottom two dispite holding the Jets to a draw.

Division 2

Wrexham 6 - 1 Southport

Aussie sides New Zealand Knights and Sydney lead the way in D2 but are being chased by Wrexham and Exeter. At the wrong side of the table winless Albion Rovers and Southport occupy the bottom two slots.

Division 3

Marks Morecambe side destroyed Forest Green leaving them top having netted 21goals and only conceding 3 in six games. Perth Glory have the same points as they also made light work of Grays Athletic. Managerless Arbroath are bottom with only one point.

PLAYER OF THE TURN

The aging legs of Despotovski showed no signs of letting up as he played a superb game collecting the MOM award for his two goal showing as Perth beat Grays four nil. Bobbys first cance came on 39minutes with Perth already two up he saw his shot bounce off the post. No matter as one minute later he scored with a fantastic lob over the keeper. Wrapping up the game in the 83rd his second goal was a shot that found its way into the net courtesy of a deflection. His fourth of the season earning the Aussie the player of the turn accolade.

TRANSFER OF THE TURN

Pthames capture of Gary Speed for only £200k is a great signing for the division two club. Making his debut in the game against Albion he will add some experience into the Rovers midfield as they strive to catch the top two.

TEAM OF THE SETUP

BRISTOL ROVERS

Pthames squad has swelled to 49players since the creation of the setup and a worthy rating of 77 means they are currently the setups best squad. However money doesnt buy success as in division two Rovers are 8th placed. Old hands such as Speed' date=' Sheringham, Tarnat and Reinke may help short termthe younger players are the future and thats where Rovers lack at the moment.

[center']QUOTE OF THE TURN

'In football, if you stand still you go backwards.'[/center]

milhouse2.gif

My 1000th post.

The best way to get it as well, with one of your great reports :) Congrats Steve, hope to see you around for ages yet :)

Exeter City manager George W has today said ' I am disapointed with our recent results after a great start, we have a new signing in Jose Cardozo who will be a real asset to our front line. A midfielder will hopefully join in the next few days.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Re: MATCHDAY SIX

Division 1

Division 2

Wrexham 6 - 1 Southport

Division 3

PLAYER OF THE TURN

TRANSFER OF THE TURN

TEAM OF THE SETUP

BRISTOL ROVERS

Pthames squad has swelled to 49players since the creation of the setup and a worthy rating of 77 means they are currently the setups best squad. However money doesnt buy success as in division two Rovers are 8th placed. Old hands such as Speed' date=' Sheringham, Tarnat and Reinke may help short termthe younger players are the future and thats where Rovers lack at the moment.

[center']QUOTE OF THE TURN

'In football, if you stand still you go backwards.'[/center]

milhouse2.gif

My 1000th post.

I DONT LOOK LIKE MILHOUSE and anyway i didnt do my team and now ive got the mighty EDU aka ogbugke and EASTER up front every time i will play will lose