"Ronaldo's Saviour?" .:| Bruno Cesar - AM - 21/74 - Corinthians |:.

Insider

BRUNO CESAR

CORINTHIANS

BrunoCesar2.jpg

Bruno Cesar Zanaki

Attacking Midfielder

Corinthians Sport Club

November 3rd, 1988

178 cm

BRU2010

Bruno Cesar didn't have a clear road to the Brasileiro. He started out at Bahia, and after failed stints at Sao Paulo and Palmeiras' youth clubs, he had to go back to the lower divisions. After impressing with Ulbra (Now known as Universitario) in the Gaucho, he caught the eye of Noroeste, where he played the 2009 Paulista. They finished dead last, but it was still enough for him to get the transfer that would shoot him to national fame.

Santo André, newly promoted to the Brasileiro, came calling for the 20 year old. He was expected to be the backup, in case 37 year old Marcelinho Carioca, a legend in the state of Sao Paulo because of his time at Corinthians, retired. He didn't. Bruno Cesar only played in one game last year, 17 minutes against Cruzeiro in July.

However, Marcelinho Carioca retired in January, after Santo André's relegation. This gave Bruno Cesar a chance to show his stuff in the Paulista, where he originally was spotted during his time at Noroeste. Well, he lead Santo André to a second place finish, better then Brasileiro sides Sao Paulo, Corinthians, Gremio Prudente and Palmeiras. Bruno Cesar was the main setup man, I can only wonder how many class assists he got, but they don't count that stat. His assists were class, like this example from the final. He gets the assist on the second goal as well, but it's his play on the third goal (4:40) that defines how he plays:

He finished the Paulista with 7 goals to add, and was then signed to a contract with Corinthians. Now, Ronaldo has been complaining of late because of the lack of service. Tcheco, Defederico and Morais have all failed or been injured, and they are pretty much done at Corinthians. Danilo has been playing, but has been terrible and the fans have been pounding on him. Manager Mano Manezes has stated that they will give Bruno Cesar a chance to adapt to the system, but that he is their best hope at the position. With Jorge Henrique and Ronaldo waiting for his quality plays, it's a recipe that has Timao fans licking their lips.

Expect him to start getting some heavy game time after the World Cup.

2 part skills video with a good song that gets annoying after 20 minutes.

BrunoCesar.jpg

BrunoCesar3.jpg

Re: "Ronaldo's Saviour?" .:| Bruno Cesar - AM - 21/74 - Corinthians |:.

First start tonight' date=' in a 4-2 win over Santos. Scored again.

Brasileiro:

1 start, 1 sub. 2 goals.[/quote']

Great find. Looks a talent, act for scoring goals.

And when he's scoring goals, the Corinthians manager will always be left to consider him for his team selection. If he keeps this up and gets more and more games, and more and more goals, by the next changes he should be one of the main risers in the South American Changes.

Great Find

• 1 month later...

Will he be rising into the 80s mark? I have him in my Bury team, but not sure whether to buy him in another div 4 team, i dont have alot of cash left.

Nice thread as always btw, he looks good

Will he be rising into the 80s mark? I have him in my Bury team' date=' but not sure whether to buy him in another div 4 team, i dont have alot of cash left.

Nice thread as always btw, he looks good[/quote']

He could jump as high as 85/86.

Any talk of a move to Europe? In any case' date=' do you think he'd make it? Or is he limited to Brazil?

Cheers.[/quote']

Lyon wanted him before Corinthians got him, but for now he's safe at Corinthians. A Brazil callup might be in store before long, as Mano Menezes loves him and trusts him.

Lyon wanted him before Corinthians got him' date=' but for now he's safe at Corinthians. A Brazil callup might be in store before long, as Mano Menezes loves him and trusts him.[/quote']

Great news. Just what I wanted to hear. I have a good feeling about him, he's had to work for where he is now. Thanks again for the heads up :D

Great news. Just what I wanted to hear. I have a good feeling about him' date=' he's had to work for where he is now. Thanks again for the heads up :D[/quote']

Whoa, now! If Menezes goes and coaches the national team, will Bruno Cesar fall from favour?

Also worth mentionning that this was Mano Menezes' farewell before moving on to the Selecao. Now Mano owes Bruno a favour ;)

Bruno's game:

0:01 - Corner kick taken by Bruno, which became a goal.

0:48 - Mazola with a sweet equalizer.

1:40 - SUBLIME free kick. (In case you are wondering, that's Boquita who won the free kick, in his first appearance of the season.)

2:50 - Diving header on a Roberto Carlos cross.

Bruno Cesar is now tied with Inter's Alecsandro and Guarani's Roger for top scorer in Brazil.

That's 6 goals in 8 games (7 starts). Let's look at the 2009 record.

KEIRRISON: 5 goals in 7 games.

NILMAR: 5 goals in 7 games.

VAGNER LOVE: 5 goals in 12 games.

HERNANES: 6 goals; full season.

GANSO: 8 goals; full season.

What Bruno Cesar has done so far is simply baffling. Especially for a playmaking AM.

• 4 weeks later...

Is going to play the clasico against Sao Paulo in 15 Minutes, as the current leader of the Brasileiro goal scoring list.

Bruno Cesar has now 8 goals in 10 games. He amazes me, I mean he came from a second division club and is clearly outshining Neymar and Ganso on Brazil League level.

• 2 weeks later...