Selling RB

Beathy

Re: Selling RB

Hey guys' date=' I am looking to sell one of my RB's as I have 3 which are rated 94-95. They are:

Douglas Maicon 28/95

Silva Dani Alves 27/94

Sergio Ramos 24/94

Would anyone be able to tell me who would be the best to sell out of these 3.

Thanks[/quote']

You must have bloody good team if you have the 3 best RB at your disposal. I would sell ramos, maicon was just in a champions league winning team and laves is in sparkling form.

Hey guys' date=' I am looking to sell one of my RB's as I have 3 which are rated 94-95. They are:

Douglas Maicon 28/95

Silva Dani Alves 27/94

Sergio Ramos 24/94

Thanks[/quote']

Wow you must have a pretty good squad! As 707 said definitely don't sell Maicon as he just won a treble and he's Brazil's first choice RB.

It's probably 50-50 between Alves and Ramos. Alves wins a lot of trophies with Barca but isn't first choice for Brazil. Ramos and Madrid will improve under Mourinho plus he is Spains first choice RB. If Spain win the WC then Ramos could go to 95. So i'd wait and see if Spain win the WC.

So i'd actually sell Alves. Plus Alves is older.

Wow, nice choice to have. Id nortmally go with the obvious choice of Ramos (on talent).

But... Maicon is tempting. The reason? He's the oldest (4 years older than Ramos), only covers 1 position (RB, compared with RB/CB and RB/RM for the other two), would likely be the most attractive option if used to trade with another manager for a 95-97 rated player, and there is the consideration of what happens to Inter when Mourinho leaves.

If you can trade him for a 95+ rated player you need in another position I'd go with Maicon.

I have an alternative angle for you ;) Mourinho is likely to move to Real in the next few weeks and is looking to take Maicon with him. With their relationship and Madrid's abundant funds this transfer looks fairly likely. With that, Ramos will be played mainly as a CB and should get a position change. Overall, you should definitely keep Maicon. He's the best of the bunch. If Ramos is better than your CBs then also keep him and maybe offload a lesser one. Alves would serve as back-up to RB and RM so sell depending on your RMs. Alternatively you could sell both and invest in a young rising RB (Ansaldi perhaps) and put the rest into improving your first team depending on how strong your team is.

I have an alternative angle for you ;) Mourinho is likely to move to Real in the next few weeks and is looking to take Maicon with him. With their relationship and Madrid's abundant funds this transfer looks fairly likely. With that' date=' Ramos will be played mainly as a CB and should get a position change. Overall, you should definitely keep Maicon. He's the best of the bunch. If Ramos is better than your CBs then also keep him and maybe offload a lesser one. Alves would serve as back-up to RB and RM so sell depending on your RMs. Alternatively you could sell both and invest in a young rising RB (Ansaldi perhaps) and put the rest into improving your first team depending on how strong your team is.[/quote']

Exactly what I was thinking.

I've got Maicon and Ramos in my squad. I was thinking of selling Ramos, but next season under Mourinho, he could turn out to be a 95 rated CB, and still young!

I'd keep Maicon and Ramos, and use Alves as P/E for new players that you need in your squad.

Hope this helps mate. :)

Douglas Maicon 28/95

Silva Dani Alves 27/94

Sergio Ramos 24/94

Thanks[/quote']

you have 3 choices :) :

1. play Maicon as RB - Ramos as a CB - Dani as a RM or as a sub.

2. keep Maicon he just won 3 cups and he's 95 ! Ramos VS Alves, definately Ramos, Alves is older, not a starter for Brasil. Furthermore Ramos is 24 only and is a future Captain for Real Madrid.

3. Trade Alves with one player you really need. :)

you say the previous manager had got lots of rb's and no rm/lm's etc.

so im going to suggest another option.

keep ramos put him at CB.

or just keep ramos he is young and versatile even if he does play at rb.

sell maicon AND alves.

you cannot have 2 94+ players they will just get concerned and leave and you can improve your squad so trade them out :)

sell alves.

sell maicon / ramos. the one to keep is provided in the opinions above my post and im unsure.

but basically you dont need 2 cb's of that rating and even if you do, they will get concerned very quickly, use them to improve your team in other areas :)

you say the previous manager had got lots of rb's and no rm/lm's etc.

so im going to suggest another option.

keep ramos put him at CB.

or just keep ramos he is young and versatile even if he does play at rb.

sell maicon AND alves.

you cannot have 2 94+ players they will just get concerned and leave and you can improve your squad so trade them out :)

sell alves.

sell maicon / ramos. the one to keep is provided in the opinions above my post and im unsure.

but basically you dont need 2 cb's of that rating and even if you do' date=' they will get concerned very quickly, use them to improve your team in other areas :)[/quote']

So going by your advice he plays Ramos at CB then sells Maicon and Alves. So who plays RB then?

No way should he sell Maicon.

This is my squad:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=293022&clubid=4156629&sid=6937

I was considering keeping all 3 and using ramos and maicon as RB's and interchange them game to game. However, does anyone know if they will be concerned if I do this?

Also, if I play Dani Alves at RM, would he play at a lesser level because he is playing in his secondary position or would he play at the same standard as he would at RB?

Thanks for all your help so far

This is my squad:

http://www.soccermanager.com/profile.php?action=clubdetails&cid=293022&clubid=4156629&sid=6937

I was considering keeping all 3 and using ramos and maicon as RB's and interchange them game to game. However' date=' does anyone know if they will be concerned if I do this?

Also, if I play Dani Alves at RM, would he play at a lesser level because he is playing in his secondary position or would he play at the same standard as he would at RB?

Thanks for all your help so far[/quote']

Sell Kolo Toure (likely dropper) and bring in some young rising defensive cover (Kjaer and the like). Play Ramos at CB with Puyol and use Maicon as your starting RB. Make sure Alves gets games as a sub or rotating in at RB and RM. His performances shouldn't be any worse.

It looks like I'll keep all 3 right backs and play dani alves as a right midfielder, and i'll sell toure and buy a young sub 90 player. Also, I might buy ribery as a winger who's at an unmanaged club and due to come of his transfer ban soon

Thanks guys

Keep all three of them, playing maicon as a RB, Ramos as a CB and Alves as a RM. Also try to sell some of your CM's to get a better LM and a LB.

You have Xabi, Fabregas, Diego, Cambiasso, De Rossi and Busquets.

You should sell Diego, he's a dropper, and maybe Xabi (or Cambiasso if De Rossi gets 95). Try to swap Benzema for Higuain or any other safe striker, Benzema will drop to 92, and maybe you should try to swap Eto'o for a player like Villa, because he has a slight chance of dropping, but he'll probably stay as he won the CL with Inter, and sell Toure to get some talents like Kjaer.

:)

Whatever you do, do not sell Maicon. He might be the oldest of the 3 but he is only 28. Let us not forget that some fullbacks play well even in their mid 30s( maldini,cafu) and from what i have seen Maicon is near the class of maldini. Probably the best fullback in the world. If i were you, i had play ramos as CB and exchange alves for evra. I had sell clichy and buy a winger. Also sell Benzema and Diego before they drop. If you dont it had definitely cost you money.