Sign in to follow this  
Caleb

Tottenham: The Start Of A New Era

Have recently taken over a Tottenham Hotspur in a newly created English Championship. Will try and turn them into title contenders, with the entire squad being placed on the transfer-list. Stay tuned as this thread gets updated.

Caleb.

Re: Tottenham: The Start Of A New Era

ManchesterUnitedvTottenhamHotspurPr.jpg

Spurs duo Modric and Lennon join Manchester United

English Premier League outfit Tottenham have confirmed that midfielders Luka Modric and Aaron Lennon will join giants Manchester United in a combined deal estimated at £34m. Croatian playmaker Modric and English international Lennon have won over the White Hart Lane fans in recent seasons with a string of stellar displays and the decision of new manager Caleb to sell the duo will have undoubtedly not gone down too well with the fans.

"I would like to assure the fans that the club are currently in a transition state. The chairman has backed me with a sizable transfer kitty and the sales of Modric and Lennon were done with the aim of improving the squad. I understand that some of the fans are unhappy with the sale of two first team players but the board and I are currently in talks with several new world-class players who will help take the club to the next level. On behalf of Tottenham, I would like to thank Modric and Lennon for their services to the club and I wish them well at Manchester United." Caleb explained.

TottenhamHotspurvEvertonPremierLeag.jpg

Defoe and Palyuchenko offloaded

Tottenham Hotspur's regular strike pair of Jermaine Defoe and Roman Palyuchenko have been told to empty their lockers as new manager Caleb continued his squad revamp. England international Jermain Defore, the club's top scorer in the previous season with 18 goals, left to join Manchester City in a £15m deal. 28-year-old Roman Palyuchenko, meanwhile left for newly-promoted Newcastle United for a fee of £14m. Caleb hinted that the departure of both Defoe and Palyuchenko is set to pave the way for the arrival of a 'world-class striker'.

"I'm disappointed to see the back of Defoe and Palyuchenko as they have been wonderful players during their time here at Tottenham. However, I feel that the time has come for a squad revamp as we seek to better our achievements last season. Now that Defoe and Palyuchenko have left the club, talks are underway to sign a new world class striker." Caleb said in a statement on the club's official website.

SpainPressConferenceFIFAConfederati.jpg

David Villa signs for Tottenham

Champions League bound Tottenham have splashed the cash and signed David Villa, beating off competition from Chelsea to land the 28-year-old Spanish striker for a fee in excess of £27m. The Barcelona forward becomes the club's first signing under Caleb, after the new manager identified Villa as the man capable of firing Tottenham to the summit of the Premier League. Villa started his professional footballing career with Sporting, before going on to play for Real Zaragoza, Valencia and Barcelona. The move to Tottenham will also be Villa's first playing abroad and the prolific hitman has expressed confidence that he will succeed in England.

"This is my first time playing outside of Spain but I am confident that I can do well. I have reached a point in my career where it is time for a fresh challenge. The Tottenham gaffer sat down with me and explained his plans for the club and I was impressed with his ambitions and hence, deciding to sign on. My move to Tottenham was never about the money as Chelsea were offering me a higher pay. I hope to be able to win over the fans here with my performances on the pitch." The Tottenham new boy stated through an interpreter.

ManchesterUnitedvTottenhamHotspu-1.jpg

Discarded skipper Ledley King slams Caleb

Former Tottenham star Ledley King has hit out at Caleb after the newly appointed manager opted to stick the entire squad on the transfer-list just hours after his appointment. Despite being the club's captain of four years, 28-year-old England international King was shown no mercy, eventually joining Manchester City in a £10m move. Kyle Naughton and Jonathan Woodgate were also the other defensive casualties under Caleb's reign.

"The new coach has shown the team a lack of respect by placing everyone up for sale soon after being unveiled to the press. While I understand that each manager would like to leave their mark on a team, I do not condone the actions of Caleb as he has yet to catch us in action before making a decision. The departures of Modric, Lennon, Defoe and myself will surely hurt the club and I believe the decision to sell everyone will come back to haunt the gaffer." King stated.

SAINTETIENNE_RIVIERE_041109.jpg

Tottenham raid France for three youngsters

Tottenham have signaled their intentions on building for the future, tapping into their wide scouting network to sign three youngsters from French clubs. 21-year-old midfielder Samba Sow arrived from Lens, while 20-year-old Emmanuel Riviere and 19-year-old Lukman Haruna came from Saint Etienne and AS Monaco respectively. A total of £2m was reportedly compensated to the Ligue 1 outfits.

"I've heard good things from our scouts based in France regarding the three lads. I have confidence in their abilities and I look forward to them making an impression here at White Hart Lane. " Tottenham's manager Caleb stated. Meanwhile in related news, bean-pole striker Peter Crouch is set to end his time at the club, with Newcastle reportedly closing in on a deal for the 28-year-old.

BarcelonavArsenalUEFAChampionsLeagu.jpg

Lionel Messi becomes Tottenham second signing

Tottenham have signaled their intentions to compete with the big boys of English football with their capture of David Villa yesterday and the London based outfit continued to flex their financial muscle in the transfer market, signing Argentinian wonderkid Lionel Messi from Barcelona for £47m. Messi, 22, becomes the second major signing by Tottenham this season after fellow striker David Villa. Despite initially doubting the intentions of Caleb following his decision to sell many first team regulars, fans of Tottenham are now signing the praises of the new manager following his Messi coup.

"It's unbelievable really, to wake up to the news that Messi has signed for us. This is the stuff dreams are made off." 39-year-old Renee was quoted as saying at the unveiling of Lionel Messi at White Hart Lane.

"Now that the capture of Messi is done and dusted, who's next? Cristiano Ronaldo?" Another supporter Jimmy enthused.

TOULOUSE_TABANOU_060110.jpg

Tottenham completes swoop for more youngsters

5 more up-and-coming youngsters have joined Tottenham for a total of £10m, as the club seek to build a solid foundation for the future. The 5 new faces at White Hart Lane are David De Gea, Stefan Reinartz, Franck Tabanou, Yann M'Vila and Thomas Muller. 19-year-old Spanish goalkeeper De Gea arrived from Atletico Madrid for a fee in excess of £1m, while recently capped German youngster was signed for £1.4m from Bayer Leverkusen. France based duo Franck Tabanou and M'Vila came from Toulouse and Rennes respectively while Bayern Munchen forward Thomas Muller was snapped up for £4m.

Meanwhile, more players have left Tottenham in recent days. First choice goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes, midfield dynamo Wilson Palacios, teenage sensation Gareth Bale and Croatian winger Niko Kranjcar have all left the club.

3946-hugo_lloris.jpg

French goalkeeper Hugo Lloris joins Tottenham

Tottenham have completed the signing of 23-year-old French international Hugo Lloris from French giants Lyon. The deal bringing the promising shot-stopper to White Hart Lane is believed to be in the region of £15m. Lloris, regarded by many as the best young goalkeeper in the world currently, has welcomed the chance at working with Caleb at Tottenham.

"I've nothing but admiration for Caleb and his approach to football. I am grateful to Lyon for allowing me the chance to speak with Tottenham and now that I have signed for them, I look forward to proving my worth to the team. The gaffer has great ambitions for Tottenham and it is a delight to see players like Lionel Messi on the training ground." Lloris was quoted as saying.

Tottenham meanwhile, continued to be busy in sealing the exits of more players. Reserve goalkeeper Carlo Cudici, youngster Jamie O'Hara and Croatian defensive lynch-pin Vedran Corluka were the recent departures.