GC117| The Ultimate Italian Challange

Lega_Calcio.png

THE ITALIAN JOB!

When Serie B full to the brim with Forumers Tries to explode into Serie A, via Promotion. Only time will tell who will accomplish the ultimate dream of Champions of Italy!, the two divisons show off some of the best managers around, as the Teams from Serie B try to enbark on a great season and achieve there main goal aswell as those inSerie A chasing down the Title. However with many forumers in Serie B and only 3 places up for grabs, the battle will be fierce and cause major controversity, let the fun Begin!!

Re: GC117| The Ultimate Italian Challange

n32303704667_9643.jpg

Reggina+Calcio+v+Cittadella+Serie+B+ZsK_2qwB246l.jpg

Serie B Side A.S. Cittadella Appoint Justice

Today it was announced by Serie B Side A.S. Cittadella Chairman Angelo Gabrielli, that English Manager Nick Justice, was to take over the reins at the club after the departure of coach Claudio Foscarini. The Club which is now only 37 years old, will try and get to Serie A for the first time in its club history under Justice, the History of the club Cittadella was founded in 1973, after the merger of U.S. Cittadellense and A.S. Olympia. The club spent most of its first years in amateur football, and then professional football at Serie C2 and Serie C1 ranks. Cittadella won its first promotion to Serie B in 1999 after defeating Brescello in the playoff finals, and spent a total two seasons in the Italian second-highest ranked division, being then relegated in 2001. During their first stay in Serie B, the club played in Stadio Euganeo in Padua and, in an attempt to expand the fanbase, was renamed A.S. Cittadella Padova, being Padua (Padova in Italian) the capital city of Cittadella's referring province.Cittadella returned to Serie B in 2008, after defeating Cremonese in the 2007-08 Serie C1/A playoffs, under the guide of head coach Claudio Foscarini. In the 2008-09 Serie B season, the club was involved to projects focused to boost the capacity of the Stadio Tombolato to 7,500, in order to let the club play in their home town (with dispensation from the FIGC, since a stadium of at least 10,000 seats is required for Serie

B). Thus, Cittadella played the first season games in Stadio Omobono Tenni in Treviso, about 40 km away. After some delays, the first Serie B game played in Cittadella was played on October 29, 2008, A.C. Ancona being the opponents. The club escaped relegation in the final days of the season, thus ensuring another year of Serie B football to the local fans. Justice Had this to say on SMItaliaTv.It, "I'm Delighted to be here and want the best by this club which means improvement on the small squad with a tiny budget but I'm happy with the squad or most of it at the moment and will look mainly in Italy to improve apon this team!, Serie A is of course my aim and i hope to be their in 1 season in my dreams but 2 or 3 more realistically."

Dale Selby Appointed Mantova Manager!

xba7he.png

"DEAL DONE!" Mantova has finally found a manager but not what the fans may have been hoping for! Unexperienced manager Dale Selby was appointed manager of Mantova a few hours ago. Reports say that Dale signed a 4 year contract at the Serie B club. In the last 99 years in which the club has been alive AC Mantova have only been in Serie A for 7 seasons and the fans are hopefully believing that Dale Selby can lead them to some silverware this season and get them promoted. AC Mantova face some tough competition this year but Dale believes that Mantova can be promoted this season or next season.

The Torino Revolution Begins!

Torino_FC-logo-A4FB3AA5E4-seeklogo.com.gif

For many years now Turin based club Torino have been living in the limelight of neighbours and main rivals Juventus. However, at 12am Torino named Mancunian James Prike as the manager to take the reigns at the club and hopefully guide them back to Serie A. Then hopefully become a dominant force in Serie A once again. Prike has signed a four year deal at the Italian club and his first objective is to get Torino into the top flight of Italian football. It is believed he will had a transfer budget of around £13m and he is keen to spend it wisely on young talent that can benefit Torino in the future. Their new boss has had plenty of managerial experience after being a coach at Manchester City for many years, where he linked up with current Torino star Rolando Bianchi. Prike will meet with the media tomorrow at 11am where he will give his first interview as Torino boss.

bianchi-toro.jpg

Prike is excited about linking up with his ex Man City friend; Rolano Bianchi

logo_empoli.gif

Empoli+FC+v+Reggina+Calcio+Serie+B+qlalgP4zeyMl.jpg

EMPOLI UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

In a chock move Empoli have fired Italian manager Campilongo and replaced him with rookie Serie B manager Mr.
Martin Sorrentino
. The Empoli board admits it’s a gamble, but they remain united and stand behind Sorrentino:
We have followed Martin in Lega Pro for some time now. His knowledge of the Italian transfer market as well as his quick transition counter attack football is a brand of football that we believe will be a success at Empoli. We ask the fans to give Sorrentino time to acclimate himself at the club. He will hopefully be an asset to the club for years to come.

Empoli have built a reputation on being quite the talent factory producing especially attacking minded players like Di Natale, Rocchi, Montella, Tavano, Eder etc. etc.

Speculations regarding Sorrentino's transfer targets are already surfacing. According to sources Sorrentino has been seen at
Cittadella
's club house socializing with Citta's manager
Nick Justice
. It's not yet clear who Sorrentino is targeting, but some believe it to be hot shot goal getter
Matteo Ardemagni
or Mr. Stability himself,
Nic Cherubin

Sorrentino on his transfer targets:
I remain tight lipped. I want to get a few training sessions out of the way before I reveal which areas I looking to strengthen. Obviously everyone will have a chance to impress and perhaps grab a starting spot.

Serie B are stocked with talented managers and good teams, so Empoli's race to Serie A will by no means be a walk in the park.

Guest Higgy

112_1202471786.gif

Modena+FC+v+US+Lecce+Serie+B+9Siy7VgNDNIl.jpg

Gharib takes charge of Lecce!

Today it has been officially announced by U.S. Lecce via their official club website, that they have managed to pen down Turkish/Egyptian Manager Ahmed Gharib on a lengthly contract which should see Gharib stay at the Apuli based club for at least 3 more years. The club will aim to get back to Serie A were they where until they found themselves relegated back in 2006 and since then the club has failed to find it's way back to the first division. The fans have put a lot of hope in new manager Ahmed Gharib, the self claimed "Special one" and he has announced that he is delighted to have been appointed as the new Manager and is convinced that he will not let the fans down.

normal.jpg

Ahmed Gharib, eager to get started at Lecce.

Guest Daragh

US_Triestina_Logo.png

New Man At Triestina

Following a number of changes in management in Serie B over the past few hours, Triestina are the latest to announce their new manager, Daragh Tavey. A young Irish manager whos only experience has come in Lega Pro. Stefano Fantinel believes Tavey is the right man for the job.

I have been a fan of Tavey's for a few years now and am delighted to finally have him here at the club. He is relishing the chance to work with us and I believe he is the man who'll bring us back to Serie A. He knows the Italian market well and is known for his shrewd dealings so I have full faith in him with what ever budget we supply. Tavey's ambition is exactly what we need here.

The club were unwilling to talk about any possible transfer targets however. But it is rumoured that Tavey will be contacting a few Serie B clubs over the next few days about possible deals.

Modena_fc.gif

MODENA TURN TO GADGA

Lastnite Modena fc was in shock after manager Luigi Apolloni resigned from the seria B club and while chairman Ninetto Sgarbi had a list of managers he chose scotsman Gadga to steer them into seria A within the next 3 years,

Luigi-Apolloni.jpg

Gadga is the new man at the elm

well it was a wee shock, when i got a phone call from Ninetto stating that i've got the job, i no nothing about the squad so its going to interesting, Ninetto wants me to guide the Canairies into seria A within 3yrs, its going to be a tall order and i'll give my best, there are some good teams in seria B whom have got some excellent managers, The squad looks ok but we do need extra personnelle there, i think we woill struggle to bring in any top talent so be looking to pick up some bargins.

We have a tough season opener as we travel to Salerno to play Mark Fraines Salernitana... We have pulled out Seria A side Genoa in the shield 1st rd which we can't wait for.. With the season not starting for a week it will give me time to look at the squad in our training games..

Guest JackWWFC

20071022161210!US_Grosseto_FC_logo.png

Grosseto Turn To Edwards

gustinetti.jpg

Today, the Italian minnows Grosseto appointed a new manager for the 10/11 season, the new manager was a shock appointment, when previously the favourite was Luigi Di Mario Spaghetti.

Grosseto fans will be happy with their new man as he has previously guided many teams from the lower divisions.

"I hope to be in Serie A within 3 years, this is my plan, we have a very small, but talented squad, and I hope to build on this"

Edwards signed a lengthy contract to see him at the club til 2015.

"We have many targets, we are looking at loan deals, and cash deals, we will run a tight ship, and our wage budget will be cut to improve the longterm future of the club"

albinoleffe.jpg

ALBINOLEFFE APPOINT NEW MANAGER

At around 12:00am this morning, following the sudden departure of Emiliano Mondonico, Italian Serie B minnows AlbinoLeffe have announced that Kari Haner will take charge of the club with immediate effect.

ALBINOLEFFE%2520_1--420x280.jpg

Founded in 1998 AlbinoLeffe hail from the small towns of Albino and Leffe in the Province of Bergamo, Lombardy. They have scrapped their way up from the lower leagues and have now established themselves in Serie B. They play their home games at the Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia stadium which they share with their rivals Atalanta. The stadium has a 24,000 capacity, however statistically AlbinoLeffe have the lowest attendance in Serie B pulling in an average of a meagre and humble 2400 spectators per game, 1200 of which are season ticket holders. Geographically AlbinoLaffe's nearest rivals are the two Milan giants, however they have yet to play either of these teams in their 12 year history.

stadio_atleti_azzurri_d%27italia.jpg

Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE

Haner was introduced to a frenzied media at 2pm this afternoon by club President Gianfranco Andreoletti. "I have a very big dream for this club and that is to see this club plying their trade in Serie A against some of the worlds best. We have an extremely small transfer and wage budget so Kari will have to make the most of the limited resources available to her. I believe Kari is the right person for the job and she certainly has pedigree in making the impossible happen, myself and our whole fanbase are absolutely delighted with our new manager and we will give our full support."

At this point Kari refused to take questions but instead read a written statement. "When i was presented with this unique opportunity i knew i had to grab it with both hands. I have a chance to make history here and create something incredibly special. I am fully focused and motivated for the uphill task in hand and i urge our fans to strap in as they are in for one hell of a ride".

Kari is perhaps best known for her time with CSKA Moskva in which she made them 2 times champions of the world, and it will no doubt take something similarly special, if not more so, to take this club into Serie A. Finally Haner finished with this optimistic comment "This is a true Cinderella story and i promise that AlbinoLeffe will go to the Ball".

n32303704667_9643.jpg

Barnsley+v+Manchester+City+Pre+Season+Friendly+-7p2R83oxuDm.jpg

Vladmir Weiss Joins Serie B Side Cittadella From Manchester City On Loan

Today it was announced by Italian Serie B Side Cittadella, that 20 year old Right Midfielder and Slovakian International Vladmir Weiss has joined up with them for a season long loan. The youngstar that spend majority of last season with Bolton Wanderers on-loan will try his luck in a foreign land under English Boss Nick Justice, the club who have odds of finishing 20th in the league will try and over achieve and prove critics wrong, also the chairman only gicing Justice expectations of Avoiding Relegation, this loan signing which could be considerd a decent loan, will be the start as Cittadella look to prove they can compete in a stronger league with small budget and squad, loans could be a vital part to their sucess this season!

Guest Higgy

112_1202471786.gif

matt-kilgallon-pic-getty-599638932.jpg

Lecce loan in Andreolli and Kilgallon!

Lecce have announced the season long loan of Italian Starlet Marco Andreolli and Sunderland defender Matthew Kilgallon. Both are expected to be regulars at Lecce as they chase an automatic promotion place and Gharib is said to be delighted with finalizing the loan deals of both players.

n32303704667_9643.jpg

140-edel_boulogne_small.jpg

New Number 1 At Cittadella, Apoula Edel From PSG

The first perminant signing for Nick Justice's rein at Cittadella is Armenian-Cameroonian Goalkeeper Apoula Edel from French Side Paris Saint Germian, the 23 year old Goalkeeper, will become number 1 at Cittadella, who cost Cittadella £1.7Million. Which is over 1/9 of their budget, but they are confident that he will live up to that value and exceed that and become a great Goalkeeper over time.

Guest Higgy

112_1202471786.gif

Sunderland+v+Barrow+AFC+FA+Cup+3rd+Round+NSp2xMA2TBKl.jpg

Lecce sign David Meyler!

Lecce have announced that they have completed their first permanent signing, bringing in Irish Starlet David Meyler for a fee of 700k. The 21 year old was costly, but Gharib is confident that the youngster will live up to his expectations and develop in to a world class Midfielder.

30th May, 2010

Breaking News: Vicenza appoint Jake'

25_39_gdv_f1_761_medium.jpg

It has today been confirmed that Englishmen Jake' will manage Vicenza for a full season at the Italian club. Jake', taking his aspects away from English football signed the dotted line in Italy last night and within 2 hours was granted and appointed the new managed at Vicenza F.C. Jake is thought to of had in mind what talent he is already searching, Germany being one of the many named nations of young football talent. More to come very soon.

Guest Higgy

112_1202471786.gif

1031749_full-lnd.jpg

OFFICIAL: Ovidi Karuru signs for Lecce!

Lecce have officially announced that they have completed their second permanent signing in a matter of hours, bringing in Zimbabwean talent Ovidi Karuru for a fee of 225k from French club US Boulogne. The 21 year old is said to be one of many signings set to be announced later on in the day.

475_1198396900.gif

D60708258ECC8ED78EDD8EBDC0C4C0C4C0D62-1C6FCCBDCC7F2C7F2C7F2.jpg

AC Mantova join race for Naoki Yamada!

Naoki Yamada could just be AC Mantova's first signing under Dale Selby's reign but he has fierce competition for the young japanese starlet. Reports say that both Serie B's Albinoleffe and Championships Middlesbrough have made a bid but the fans and manager are hoping his bid is high enough for Yamada to move to Mantova! In other news Manchester City's Sylvinho could move to Mantova on a season long loan along with FC Basel's Marco Streller for cash!

Modena_fc.gif

NEW FACES ARRIVING SOON

Modena will have two new faces by wednesday as manager went on a searcg and managed to agree deals with tow swiss clubs to bring in a keeper and a winger..

Kristian Nushi has agreed to join the seria B side, Kristian will move from Fc ST Gallen for a fee of 4.7 million, the 27yr old Albanian winger will give us some options as he can play down both wings

kristian.jpg

84 rated winger Kristian Nushi moving to seria B with Modena

Fc Basel have agreed a fee for their Argentinian keeper Franco Costanzo for a fee of 6 million, the 29 yr old will become Modena's n.o1 keeper

costanzobasilea.jpg

Costanzo as agreed to become Modena's keeper, hoping to help the seria B side to promotion..

Guest drseanfitz

testatanew.jpg

Brescia today confirmed the arrival of 11 new players at the club.

bresciatransfers1.jpg

Out of the eleven, only Spaniard Ruben Baraja is likely to break into the first team this season.

12308848090.jpg

The former Spanish international has arrived to bring in some experience to Brescia's promotion challenge, following 10 years at Valencia.

The 34 year old is hoping to show his class after a sporadic last season in Spain.

Also joining the club on loan are youngster Dan Gosling and Alessio Cerci

5928.jpg

475_1198396900.gif

Hamburger+SV+Training+Camp+Ka1rkDuefxLl.jpg

Jonathan Pitroipa = First Signing At AC Mantova!

AC Mantova have signed Jonathan Pitroipa from Hamburg on a season long loan in which is 1 of many signings for Mantova. After a slow start from Mantova in the transfer window Dale Selby believes after bringing Pitroipa other great players would love to join and help Mantova achieve their expecations and get promoted this season!

Torino_FC-logo-A4FB3AA5E4-seeklogo.com.gif

Summer Shake Up Has Only Just Begun!

3230-1.jpg

Serbian Youngster Djuricic is one of the best youngsters around

Torino have started there summer shake up by signing highly rated Serbian youngster Filip Djuricic from Heerenveen for £1.5 million. At only 18 years old Djuricic has been firing up the Serbian ranks and is now a regular for Under 21s side. Djuricic is an extremely dangerous winger and he'll cause Serie B defences a lot of trouble with his rapid pace and excellent skill. Djuricic has agreed a five year contract and says he is very excited about joining Torino and starting life in Italy.

Torino have also signed 20 year-old Ghanaian right back Samuel Inkoom on a two year contract after finalising his move from FC Basel earlier today. Inkoom has plenty of Internation experience for Ghana. Inkoom shows bursts of energy and pace on and off the ball. He is a strong right back and will play a major part in Torino's back line next season. He comes at a hefty price tag though with David Bottone and £1.5m leaving for FC Basel.

The Torino boss has also confirmed that these two signings will be the first of many in the new Torino revolution. Prike has confirmed that Torino will be announcing a couple more signings later today as he looks to strengthen Torino's promotion push back to Serie A. Although, he doesn't want to give any names away until the deals are 100% complete.

n32303704667_9643.jpg

97025947.jpg.13600_cropped.jpg

Keisuke Honda In Cittadella Loan Switch

Japan International, and CSKA Moskva Midfielder Keisuke Honda, has joined Serie B Side Cittadella in a loan Switch. Honda, is Cittadella's 3rd loan signing of this season, as Cittadella manager already said Loanes could be vital and this big loan signing will help blooster the chances of Cittadella avoiding finishing 20th. Honda joins Manchester City's Vladmir Weiss and Manchester United's Pereira da Silva Fabio, on-loan at Cittadella.

Guest Higgy

112_1202471786.gif

210507_jpg_731184c.jpg

Revamp at Lecce with 11 new signings announced!

Lecce have officially announced the signing of a total of 11 new players this evening with Radosav Petrovic, Emmanuel Mbola, Ovidi Kururu, Jimmy Durmaz, Tim Bjorkstrom, Erik Israelsson, Tony Tchani, David Meyler, Sergio Escudero and Roman Prokoph all being confirmed as Lecce's latest signings. When asked if more signings could be expected, Gharib replied by saying that there are still "many more" targets and that negotiations are ongoing at the moment.

475_1198396900.gif

D60708258ECC8ED78EDD8EBDC0C4C0C4C0D62-1C6FCCBDCC7F2C7F2C7F2.jpg

AC Mantova lose race for Naoki Yamada!

OFFICIAL : Naoki Yamada completes his move to Middlesbrough! AC Mantova and Albinoleffe today have both lost the race to sign Japanese starlet. We now know that Middlesbrough have a bid of £12M and Franks and Hines accepted for Yamada! Dale Selby told the press in a news conference 2 hours ago "that it was unfortunate that we lost the race but we dont have the funds to pay." But in other news a deal for Marius Alexe has been acepted for £2.3M and Emiliano Terana!