Remove the option to say "I am insulted by this offer".

Remove the option to say "I am insulted by this offer".  

2 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care.

Re: Remove the option to say "I am insulted by this offer".

Here's an idea to suit both sides on this topic.

Can we have a "block insult reply" facility.

In doing so, all of us who want it removed can click "block insult reply" and therefore won't get any replies with this option.

all who want it kept can use it when they want.

I don't block forumers - but I'd block the insult reply.

any thoughts - should SM be able to implement it ?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This can be seen as either a suggestion of a change in the game mechanics or as a plea to players to use this option a little more sparingly when rejecting transfer offers. The reason behind it? To im

Re: Remove the option to say "I am insulted by this offer". 100% agree. Although I do use that message I reserve it for stupid cash offer for player rated 91+. It's misused hell of a lot as you said

Re: Remove the option to say "I am insulted by this offer". We all try to get players lower price as possible - as in real-life. The FIRST offer is not what the player will eventually sell for as t

Yes' date=' I was just using the player as an example - loosly.

The problem managers have is that they jump in head first with the "insult" reply. Thats what I'm pointing out.

As I've said previously in this thread -

we BUYERS want players as cheap as possible. The SELLERS will want TOP money - as in real-life.

This is just a starting point that we - the buyer & seller - can negotiate from.

We can then decide a price to suit both parties.

So, why not click on [b']"Negotiate"[/b] so we can work out a price. Thus getting a figure to try and agree constructively tht suits both teams.

You're probably right, most managers do jump in head first with the insult. But like any slur, surely it loses its power with repeated use, which is why I'm surprised that anyone could be insulted by an insulted reply anymore.

And isn't getting an insult reply paramount to saying that the price is way too low, in effect the beginning of a negotiation? (if the player is listed as being up for sale).

In my experience though most people (including me) use the insult button when they are given a low offer for a player that they have given no indication of a desire to sell. If so then what incentive is there for them to enter into a negotiation?

Rather, the onus should be on the buyer to table an attractive offer that leads the 'seller' to consider selling. Unfortunately way too many buyers try it on, probably hoping to find some naive manager who will sell a decent player for cash. I'd say that it is managers 'jumping in' with this kind of behaviour that invites the insult reply and hence is the problem, not the reply itself.

And I presume that when you suggest to block the insult reply what would happen is that instead you just recieve one of the other responses instead, such as will only accept a considerably higher offer? I think that's not a bad idea for those minority of managers who dislike the option.

The answer though is surely to begin or follow up every serious offer with a PM? That way you are unlikely to ever recieve a insulted reply as you can know exactly what the manager thinks.

You're probably right' date=' most managers do jump in head first with the insult. But like any slur, surely it loses its power with repeated use, which is why I'm surprised that anyone could be insulted by an insulted reply anymore.

And isn't getting an insult reply paramount to saying that the price is way too low, in effect the beginning of a negotiation? (if the player is listed as being up for sale).

In my experience though most people (including me) use the insult button when they are given a low offer for a player that they have given no indication of a desire to sell. If so then what incentive is there for them to enter into a negotiation?

Rather, the onus should be on the buyer to table an attractive offer that leads the 'seller' to consider selling. Unfortunately way too many buyers try it on, probably hoping to find some naive manager who will sell a decent player for cash. I'd say that it is managers 'jumping in' with this kind of behaviour that invites the insult reply and hence is the problem, not the reply itself.

And I presume that when you suggest to block the insult reply what would happen is that instead you just recieve one of the other responses instead, such as will only accept a considerably higher offer? I think that's not a bad idea for those minority of managers who dislike the option.

The answer though is surely to begin or follow up every serious offer with a PM? That way you are unlikely to ever recieve a insulted reply as you can know exactly what the manager thinks.[/quote']

yes in many cases managers do probably try their luck with low bid but we have a guideline by the Chairman to what we can bid upto and we see what the other Chairman values his own player at, so we can only bid in relation to that.

Some managers however expect to get £50m for so and so.

re the block insult - yes they would use another option but thats what i'm looking for coz the other options are more user friendly.

yes in many cases managers do probably try their luck with low bid but we have a guideline by the Chairman to what we can bid upto and we see what the other Chairman values his own player at' date=' so we can only bid in relation to that.

Some managers however expect to get £50m for so and so.

re the block insult - yes they would use another option but thats what i'm looking for coz the other options are more user friendly.[/quote']

receiver friendly you mean?! :P

receiver friendly you mean?! :P

LOL,

I'm the "user" before I became the "receiver" coz i made the bid. :D:D

seriously tho, I don't think SM will have this on their radar so, it'll stay on site for me to Suffer in silence :eek::D:eek::D

• 5 years later...

5 years later ... zombie thread .. but did not want to start a new one. Please remove the option "I'm insulted by the received offer". I often want to press this button for laughable offers but don't want to offend some stranger. "Are you have a laugh?" "I cannot entertain such an offer". "Would you accept the same offer in my shoes?". Something humorous.

5 years later ... zombie thread .. but did not want to start a new one. Please remove the option "I'm insulted by the received offer". I often want to press this button for laughable offers but don't want to offend some stranger. "Are you have a laugh?" "I cannot entertain such an offer". "Would you accept the same offer in my shoes?". Something humorous.

better late than never to reply

i look forward to your quote in 2019 , HEHE

Personally, when people bid on my 10ks min bid, I'm insulted because anyone who has been playing the game for a while know that a)10k players only have a potential to rise in value, if they drop in rating they stay 10k, so no point in selling B) Externals will offer more than min bid every single time, so if I was really wanting to sell for low, I would transfer list c) if I'm keeping a 10k and he isn't transfer banned, it means I have something in mind for him, which means that if you are bidding on him because you want him for the reason I have him, do not think I am stupid enough to give you my 10k for face value, and d) the sum of these means that the guy thinks I'm stupid. So I use the "I am insulted" option.