Scout

ConnorAR95

Re: Scout

To be a scout on soccer manager all you need to do is look at a player who is young and find everything other people have written about them. You then pass this off as your own and think of yourself as a proper scout when really you're just playing a game.

Ouch. So many things are wrong about this.

To be a scout on soccer manager all you need to do is look at a player who is young and find everything other people have written about them. You then pass this off as your own and think of yourself as a proper scout when really you're just playing a game.

... and then sponge off other peoples work. Dont slate people for doing work that i know you would have used at some stage to improve your teams. Scouting can take alot of hard work for the actual scouts, and when they do it for people like you, who use their work and dont show any appreciation, im pretty sure they could get annoyed. None the less, i do see a humourous side to this, but still, theres no need to put it so bluntly.

First of all look through other people's scouts to get the original layout, Change it and manipulate to whichever way you want.

But its 100% based on a player you "know" who has not been "scouted" already. I presume you have one in mind since you wrote this. Get a few stats throw in your own opinion, where he might be next season, what ratings he will be looking at, his previous clubs. It's not that hard once you do the research.

... and then sponge off other peoples work. Dont slate people for doing work that i know you would have used at some stage to improve your teams. Scouting can take alot of hard work for the actual scouts' date=' and when they do it for people like you, who use their work and dont show any appreciation, im pretty sure they could get annoyed. None the less, i do see a humourous side to this, but still, theres no need to put it so bluntly.[/quote']

He's right to a certain extent. However, nothing can be taken away from some of these posts. Lukaku had nothing written about him when Abdel wrote about him. Paulo Henrique had no more then any other kid called up to Santos. I couldn't even find Gabriel Paulista's full name anywhere other then the official CBF club registration forms when I first posted about him.

The shot that he's taken at the group of us who post on these particular boards is actually BS. I know a few who are like me on here, watching the U17 competitions and the U19 competitions, who actually watch games online when there arn't even any fans in the crowd. To spot a talent at these games is no small feat and definately not what nicky is saying.

He's right to a certain extent. However' date=' nothing can be taken away from some of these posts. Lukaku had nothing written about him when Abdel wrote about him. Paulo Henrique had no more then any other kid called up to Santos. I couldn't even find Gabriel Paulista's full name anywhere other then the official CBF club registration forms when I first posted about him.

The shot that he's taken at the group of us who post on these particular boards is actually BS. I know a few who are like me on here, watching the U17 competitions and the U19 competitions, who actually watch games online when there arn't even any fans in the crowd. To spot a talent at these games is no small feat and definately not what nicky is saying.[/quote']

Some do, Yes. But like i said in my posts for the real scouts it can take alot of time and effort to watch the games, and put together threads for them, such as yourself as i know you watch a heck of alot of games, and i tried to when i went through my faze of scouting but i wasnt to good at it. :P So even from a personal point of view if i was still scouting id be a bit annoyed that someone was accusing my of passing others work off as my own.