Should it be this hard to get rid of a cheater?

The Special 1

The zero tolerance promoted by SM on cheating is far from being true, after all this cheater has done he continues in my game world and i'm starting to get discouraged and feel i'm fighting a loosing battle.

Your views and help on this would be much appreciated, as sm is making me feel delusional.

The gory details: This is a Portuguese championship and there are thousands of world class players available for the minimum value.

1. Porto sells Berbatov for 30M twice the value to Benfica (a wrecked team of av. 74 rating)

Porto sells Carlos Saleiro again for twice the value to Braga. (another wrecked team)

Porto sells Prediger for 10M player valued at 5M to Naval.

Ticket sent. Transfers reversed, cheating system aware of managers.

2.a Porto sells Berbatov again for 30M to Benfica.

Ticket sent. Manager has not broken the terms of use.

2.b Benfica now buys C.Rodriguez for 9M plus Di Maria

Ticket sent, reporting both transfers. Both transfers reversed, cheating system aware of the managers, again :rolleyes:

3. Porto sells C.Rodriguez (89) for Krasic (90) plus 13M to Maritimo

Porto sells Meireles for 24M and Joao Alves to Vitoria.

Ticket sent, managers have not broken the terms of use.

Why isnt this guy banned or his account suspended? Why isnt his reputation being reduced when illegal transfers are acknowledged?

It is so obvious, it painful to see how SM just rejects the tickets. Its not that i'm making bad reports, i write detailed and clear reports even linking the previous tickets hoping for a strike three and you are out! But no, unsuccessful again. What more can i do, is the a supreme court of cheating where i can present my case? This just baffles me, i dont know anymore if im dreaming the illegal transfers and no one else can see it. :o

Re: Should it be this hard to get rid of a cheater?

Wow :eek: i've reported the latest illegal transfers [# 3.] from this guy for a second time and now they find the transfers dubious and reversed them :eek:

Weird, but ok i'll take it. I just don't understand, can't they look into to the previous cheating records of this guy and come to the conclusion he is not gonna stop cheating by just reversing and setting the prevention system on him..

Anyway i'm happy he hasnt benefited from the last transfers :o

I think your ticket not detail enough, you must make more effort to get more evidences, for example log in time sign in time and RP(40-new account most likely to cheat) also those player original price and total money the manager benefit and all teams involved other game world team this manager and his shadow team(s) manage etc. as detail as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I think your ticket not detail enough' date=' you must make more effort to get more evidences, for example log in time sign in time and RP(40-new account most likely to cheat) also those player original price and total money the manager benefit and all teams involved other game world team this manager and his shadow team(s) manage etc. as detail as possible.[/quote']

My tickets are as detailed as can be, thats not the problem.

I resend the last ticket and then transfers where reversed. THIRD, THIRD time this guy has transfers reversed... Why is he not banned or suspended?

Im beginning to think it has to do with the fact that he has a Gold Account...

Today a new ticket exposing his match fixing was rejected, one the matches report was a 11-1 win over Benfica where Benfica had selected the worst team possible (ex. GK Gindre (65) preferred over Lloris (92) 100% fit :eek:) and hes played the whole season with the best players.

Login times separated by only 1 minute... Its shocking to see "After looking into this reported case of cheating, the manager(s) in question have not broke the Terms of Use." :mad:

Yo man they dont care about cheating.

Thats totally untrue. I've reported many cheats in my game worlds and they've usually removed them. I reported someone only the other day who took 3 teams on in one of my game worlds and was doing deals with himself and within a few hours he was removed and all transfers were reversed.

I wouldn't always interpret throwing a game as cheating. Simply because I've done it myself but not with the intention of letting someone else win. For example, say in 2 games time I was due to play my biggest competitor and fielding my best players would leave me with a weaker squad for my biggest match I would probably field youth players instead, or if I had a cup match but decided that winning the league was more important, again I'd put out youth players. I've even thrown cup semi-finals in order to win the league. I wouldn't call that cheating I would call it prioritizing.

Although I am amazed that SM have allowed someone to do dodgy deals twice without being removed. If this is the case its so wrong.

Just an idea, but in setups with large volumes of cheating, could SM not send in a 'mole' to look around for a day or two? Either that or place the gameworld under observation, and look directly at logon/off times, transfers between clubs etc.

Obviously can't happen in every setup, but people should have better protection against cheats. SM seem very happy to let cheats prosper, and if it were possible a GMail style 'send a code to your mobile' account activation system (1 per number) could help limit cheating, because loking at the SM homepage, you could make an account in less than two minutes.

Sick of this massive issue being swept under the rug, although IMO it's just anothe rpart of SM, and it's a disgrace that it has to be accepted as commonplace! :mad:

Who is sweeping these issues under the rug? :confused: The forum exists (at SM's expense) for people to discuss these things and share their experiences.

It is not acceptable if someone is cheating repeatedly and I am surprised that SM have not banned the account in question if previous tickets on the matter are being referred to.

If it were me I would create a ticket, in the General Help section for instance, set out the whole situation and ticket numbers, ask politely for an explanation as to why the manager(s) have not been banned despite them breaking the Code of Conduct (referring to specific parts of it sometimes help) and ask for your ticket to be referred to a senior staff member or developer (otherwise a member of Community Admin may give a preset response).

I would make it clear that the purpose of the new ticket is not to report a specific deal but to complain about SM failing to take sufficient action against persistent cheats and to ask how you could do more than you have.

Be nice if you could share with us their response.

Who is sweeping these issues under the rug?

I consider SM to be doing this. I highly doubt that even one in three cheaters actually have their reputations lowered (based on nearly two years' experience), and I've had plenty of cheating tickets answered with the same manufactured response:

'We have looked into the problem and have found no evidence...'

When SM are failing to identify cheating in such large volumes; the issue clearly isn't being adressed properly, ergo my point stands.

You can talk all you like about being 'surprised that SM have not banned the account', but in my time on SM I've had perhaps a 20% success rate in having outed cheats banned, and with 'Community Admins' and their preset respones it seems to me that it's oh so very easy to dismiss the problem.

Thats totally untrue. I've reported many cheats in my game worlds and they've usually removed them. I reported someone only the other day who took 3 teams on in one of my game worlds and was doing deals with himself and within a few hours he was removed and all transfers were reversed.

I wouldn't always interpret throwing a game as cheating. Simply because I've done it myself but not with the intention of letting someone else win. For example' date=' say in 2 games time I was due to play my biggest competitor and fielding my best players would leave me with a weaker squad for my biggest match I would probably field youth players instead, or if I had a cup match but decided that winning the league was more important, again I'd put out youth players. I've even thrown cup semi-finals in order to win the league. I wouldn't call that cheating I would call it prioritizing.

Although I am amazed that SM have allowed someone to do dodgy deals twice without being removed. If this is the case its so wrong.[/quote']

It was not just one rigged match, i just mentioned that one as an example

Who is sweeping these issues under the rug? :confused:The forum exists (at SM's expense) for people to discuss these things and share their experiences.

It is not acceptable if someone is cheating repeatedly and I am surprised that SM have not banned the account in question if previous tickets on the matter are being referred to.

If it were me I would create a ticket' date=' in the General Help section[/b'] for instance, set out the whole situation and ticket numbers, ask politely for an explanation as to why the manager(s) have not been banned despite them breaking the Code of Conduct (referring to specific parts of it sometimes help) and ask for your ticket to be referred to a senior staff member or developer (otherwise a member of Community Admin may give a preset response).

I would make it clear that the purpose of the new ticket is not to report a specific deal but to complain about SM failing to take sufficient action against persistent cheats and to ask how you could do more than you have.

Be nice if you could share with us their response.

I have had a post on the same subject deleted, basically exposing some bad experiences with SM support. I was nothing but eloquent and polite, but the content was denigrating for SM so better make it disappear. The whole point was to raise the issue and provide some feedback to help create a better service, but i guess it was not interpreted that way...

Thanks for the tip, sounds like a good option. I feel the SM cheating support team may be overloaded and don't look into the issue with enough commitment. Lets see what happens.

I consider SM to be doing this. I highly doubt that even one in three cheaters actually have their reputations lowered (based on nearly two years' experience)' date=' and I've had plenty of cheating tickets answered with the same manufactured response:

When SM are failing to identify cheating in such large volumes; the issue clearly isn't being adressed properly, ergo my point stands.

You can talk all you like about being 'surprised that SM have not banned the account', but in my time on SM I've had perhaps a 20% success rate in having outed cheats banned, and with 'Community Admins' and their preset respones it seems to me that it's oh so very easy to dismiss the problem.[/quote']

Agreed, I have to say in most cases I've had success with my cheat reports but that goes without saying, thats part of the service provided by SM. You agree to join SM based on a number of rights and dues, one of the rights being a zero tolerance towards cheating. Surprise after you invested so much time building a team a cheater comes and ruins your game world, then the community best advice is "dude, just leave that gameworld"... as it is most users have accept cheating being a part of SM and that is just not right.

Although SM denies it I think they are happy to have users with multiple accounts (more in numbers bigger service relevance) then leaving the user patrolling cheaters, but i draw the line when they reject to ban or suspend accounts for the sake of profit

• 2 weeks later...

I consider SM to be doing this. I highly doubt that even one in three cheaters actually have their reputations lowered (based on nearly two years' experience)' date=' and I've had plenty of cheating tickets answered with the same manufactured response:

You can talk all you like about being 'surprised that SM have not banned the account', but in my time on SM I've had perhaps a 20% success rate in having outed cheats banned, and with 'Community Admins' and their preset respones it seems to me that it's oh so very easy to dismiss the problem.[/quote']

If SM are responding saying they have not found evidence of cheating, this does not seem like an example of them sweeping anything under the rug. The opposite in fact, as such replies mean they have had a look and made decisions, albeit decisions you disagree with.

SM give that standard response when (sorry to state the obvious) they have not found evidence of cheating. They obviously cannot act if they have not found enough evidence. To do otherwise would be horrendous and would mean half the userbase was banned based on suspicion.

I don't doubt SM punish one in three of the people you report but, as you don't have access to the same information as SM, I don't understand how you can assume you have a 100% success rate in identifying cheats? Deals that scream "cheat!" to you and me are not always actual examples of cheating.

Personally, a lot of the tickets I send about cheats results in someone being punished and this is true for many people on this site. So, I don't believe SM are failing to address cheating in high volumes. Cheating is significantly less common these days then it once was which I think testifies to the fact SM care about cheating.

Also, I did not say I was "surprised that SM have not banned the account". I said "I am surprised that SM have not banned the account in question if previous tickets on the matter are being referred to." I am not trying to be picky, I just think the difference is pretty significant. One ticket reporting a manager's suspicious behaviour could be chalked down to coincidence, ten instances highlighted to SM is likely to set alarm bells ringing.

I have had a post on the same subject deleted' date=' basically exposing some bad experiences with SM support. I was nothing but eloquent and polite, but the content was denigrating for SM so better make it disappear. The whole point was to raise the issue and provide some feedback to help create a better service, but i guess it was not interpreted that way...

Thanks for the tip, sounds like a good option. I feel the SM cheating support team may be overloaded and don't look into the issue with enough commitment. Lets see what happens.

I have to say in most cases I've had success with my cheat reports but that goes without saying, thats part of the service provided by SM. You agree to join SM based on a number of rights and dues, one of the rights being a zero tolerance towards cheating. Surprise after you invested so much time building a team a cheater comes and ruins your game world, then the community best advice is "dude, just leave that gameworld"... as it is most users have accept cheating being a part of SM and that is just not right.

Although SM denies it I think they are happy to have users with multiple accounts (more in numbers bigger service relevance) then leaving the user patrolling cheaters, but i draw the line when they reject to ban or suspend accounts for the sake of profit[/quote']

SM generally will delete posts that reproduce comments made by Support, or content merely criticises them. If it was my business I would do the same. They welcome constructive criticism.

I think you might be right about SM getting a lot of cheat tickets. This makes it important to be concise, informative, and polite when sending them tickets. Zero speculation, 100% fact.

I don't understand why anyone would give the advice "just leave that gameworld" and I completely disagree with it. This is never the answer.

SM have no issue with people having multiple accounts, unless they are using those accounts to cheat. I don't understand what you mean about SM not punishing for the sake of profit, this sounds like one of the myths perpetuated by the forum. SM are not stupid and know that most people join and renew memberships based on playing in a fair environment.

i sent in a ticket about bruno alves moving for minimum value despite me giving better offers in the past, kind of skethcy i know.

i also said that the manager in question who accepted the deal never does any deals with other clubs , never replies to pm etc.

all he has done all season and a half is sell bruno alves for 16 million.

they removed both cheats from the setup the following day = swift action :) :)

• 1 year later...

Hello, I was just reading through this thread because there is a Manager in my Gameworld who has about 4 teams, he even admitted, in message, to "invite other lads to a set-up and ask them a little help to build up my team ?". He has many accounts but their all interlinked, like he has 4 squads in World 18 who are also in World 10747(Mine). He has had ridiculous transfers, for example he accepted a 24M bid from Ajax for a player rated 89(27 years old) and was on the decline(Trochowski). He also, in this forum, has started threads on about teams who belong to different players ( his name is Messilio). I was just wondering if anyone could help me with what information should I look for and submit to SM to get him and his team removed, and also where should I report him to have the best effect(illegal transfer, Multiple accounts?)

Thank you very much in advance.

hi im new to this forum malarky and need help im probably not even in the correct place to begin but im sure someone will point me in the rite direction, plus im just putting this out there probably cause im to lazy to look for my self

ive recently became a gold manager on sm along with a few of my mates and

the reason being so we could be in a number of leagues together, now when i

started sm i managed to get into a league with all my mates on it and all was

going good tho i started mid season and didnt really get a good run at the full

season, but to my real disbelief, and i really dont get it when i see the

cheating going on round me, (i will touch on this later) that now i cant join

any of the leagues my mates r in and also any transfares i want to make

within the league im in are blocked even loan deals and it has completly

destroyed the sm experience and also it has stopped me paying for a custom

gameworld cause there is no point if my mates cant join it too. this is

frustrating enough because im not doin anythin rong and all around i see

cheating everywhere, as i touched on before a league im in i just go promoted

from the 4th division up to the 3rd with a pretty healthy squad and good

funds and a few days ago i put bids in for some young players who were

pretty well rated at 17 18 and 19 years of age. i log on this morning to find

every bid i made was considerably outbid and i mean considerasbly outbid like

5 times the value of the player, not a problem u say ahh but to find this

profile has only a 40 rating, meaning its not a week old and it has a name like

something from a james bond movie lol

and ill put a weeks wages on it that within a week

the said club will be managerless, now in my eyes thats cheating to the

highest and i see this all over my gameworlds but i cant have any business

with 4 teams in my league. its a joke as far as im concerned, and i am quite

sure this months gold membership is the last i will purchase and i can speak

for my friends as they are sitting here beside that they wont be purchasing it

either.

on another point why is ther nowhere on the site to contact someone about

this i play on alot of gambling sites and its only courteous when your taking

someones money that u provide some sort of assistance when they have a

problem, obviously a free service would not warrent this but paying customers

should have some sort of way to contact the site

Nm. When I sent the ticket, Soccermanager has now banned ME from the three game worlds THAT I PAYED FOR. Not only that, but 2 of those game worlds I was the only person in them, and i was messing around. This Is ridiculous,I will honestly never player soccermanager again as it is OUTRAGEOUS that they kicked me out for calling someone else out for cheating.

I think it takes a bit of time. I used to be in the English Championship 330 (This was my first team on SM so many moons ago. At the time I never understood how the ratings worked so I tried to sign players like I was playing football manager). I reported blatant cheating in a ticket to SM. Wrexham were dealing with a fair few clubs who had managers were coming and going. Wrexham were also playing the risers game, and were getting big profits by certain clubs on certain players, and were also signing players for a bargain.

Anywhoo, I was told by SM that nothing wrong could be found. I shrugged my shoulders, this was my first SM team and if they cannot find anything wrong than I don't know what to do. Well, a few weeks later the Wrexham manager got booted. That was great, but someone then decided to take over a Wrexham side with some great players and a bit of youth, for their size of team. Who would take over Wrexham? I left soon afterwards, not so much for the new manager, but more for the fact that the setup was getting pretty stale after a few years. But still. I can understand where people come from if they feel cheated. :)