bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Ill believe it when I see it myself but if he wants to play in the Premier League and wants start games then its a good move for him like with Bojan.

Saying that both of them would probably get in your team' date=' if he wants go Liverpool cause of there reputation then fair enough but it is only on reputation your only ahead of us by 3 points after 20 games.[/quote']

Comparing Bojan's situation to that if Shaqiri's is not a valid one, Bojan's had been floating around all kinds of places failing to deliver and being a bit part player he did not have the options a player like Shaqiri will nor the reputation.

Bojan ain't even that good.

He won't go to Stoke full stop your living in a fantasy land the same fantasy land Liverpool fans live in when they think they will compete for people like Benzema or as I saw somebody say earlier in a different forum Pogba :P

The reality is you shop at the level you can and Shaqiri is well well above the level of a Stoke City.

No disrespect but clubs like yourself and Stoke probably don't even figure on his radar.....

Given the choice do you honestly think he would go for Swansea or Stoke over Liverpool or Internazionale??!!

This ain't a sense of arrogance from a fan of a "bigger" club but you have to think realistically....

Bayern Munich > Stoke for a guy approaching his prime and knowing much bigger clubs will be after him....

If he goes to Stoke I will find it unbelievable from a multitude of viewpoints.....it won't happen' date=' not unless he has loss all sense of sanity :P[/quote']

Obviously he'd go to the bigger clubs over us, but as it stands there's been nothing to suggest that the clubs interest in the player is concrete. The likes of Bony have been linked with much bigger clubs than us before we signed them but that's just the way the media are at the moment, the reality is that the big clubs weren't seriously interested in him. I'm not saying Liverpool won't go in for him, but until they do it's worth putting your name in to the hat.

Shaqiri probably won't want to move to Stoke' date=' but I do love them for trying. Absolutely no need to knock clubs striving for the next rung on the ladder.

Plus, it'd be really really funny if he chose them over Liverpool :)[/quote']

I am not knocking them for trying, in fact there sense of "ambition" so to speak is to be applauded I just don't think it is realistic.

Of course if he ends up at Stoke and says he turned down Liverpool I will issue a grovelling apology :P

Obviously he'd go to the bigger clubs over us' date=' but as it stands there's been nothing to suggest that the clubs interest in the player is concrete. The likes of Bony have been linked with much bigger clubs than us before we signed them but that's just the way the media are at the moment, the reality is that the big clubs weren't seriously interested in him. I'm not saying Liverpool won't go in for him, but until they do it's worth putting your name in to the hat.[/quote']

I totally agree with this analysis.

I ain't even a massive Shaqiri fan personally I just and as I say this is not meant with any level of disrespect think he is out of Swansea/Stoke's league unless absolutely nobody else goes in for him.

I actually think Stoke is one of his better options...Liverpool and inter could just as easy drop him if he doesn't perform and the fans will get on his back.i would go as far as saying he's not 100% guaranteed to start because as soon as a better option comes along they would snap them up and leave him out in a instance.

With Stoke they don't have the money to go out and replace him with someone better if he doesn't perform..plus they are a nice steady mid table team just like Liverpool and inter Milan are yes they don't have the reputation of them two but Stoke really are not that bad of a option.... Plus With Stoke he has a nice platform to show his skills so he can secure a better club.

He can do better than Stoke, there'll be clubs that will take him on with better quality players that he'd be a guaranteed starter for. There's not enough players with the sort of technical ability at Stoke that I think he'd do well under. Stoke are chancing their arm, and they're entitled to do that but it would be a huge coup for them if they can get him because they've got nobody at his level.

Comparing Bojan's situation to that if Shaqiri's is not a valid one' date=' Bojan's had been floating around all kinds of places failing to deliver and being a bit part player he did not have the options a player like Shaqiri will nor the reputation.

He won't go to Stoke full stop your living in a fantasy land the same fantasy land Liverpool fans live in when they think they will compete for people like Benzema or as I saw somebody say earlier in a different forum Pogba :P

The reality is you shop at the level you can and Shaqiri is well well above the level of a Stoke City.[/quote']

He can do better than Stoke' date=' there'll be clubs that will take him on with better quality players that he'd be a guaranteed starter for. There's not enough players with the sort of technical ability at Stoke that I think he'd do well under. Stoke are chancing their arm, and they're entitled to do that but it would be a huge coup for them if they can get him because they've got nobody at his level.[/quote']

The Shaqiri rumour and us agreeing a fee in itself is quite incredible, and if reports are to believed in the fact that Inter have offered him 40k a week then we can match and without a doubt beat it too, however, it's a fantasy to think his decision would be based on money, I mean, never mind the stature of our club compared to Inter and Liverpool, Stoke isn't exactly a stellar place to live either. Love Hughes' ambition though and it shows were on the up even targeting a player of his calibre. Living in the land of dreams though, not a chance of it happening, surely not? :rolleyes::P

On an unrelated note what's everyone's favourite away day they've experienced in the EPL? Enjoyed Cardiff last season and Stoke was a laugh; remember Burnley being good in the Championship so looking forward to that in two weeks and a Chelsea mate of mine said it was a good buzz up there on a Monday night they took 4,000.

On an unrelated note what's everyone's favourite away day they've experienced in the EPL? Enjoyed Cardiff last season and Stoke was a laugh; remember Burnley being good in the Championship so looking forward to that in two weeks and a Chelsea mate of mine said it was a good buzz up there on a Monday night they took 4' date='000.[/quote']

Newcastle in the league. Lille away overall.

Good shout on the Toon, never been myself missed ours earlier this season but imagine it must be good. Not lucky enough to have ever played a competitive European game so never been abroad although a mate was looking into getting Augsburg tickets for us in pre-season but flight costs were pretty ridiculous.

You clearly have a loose definition of "on the up"

A couple of wins on the bounce don't make you a viable option for somebody like Shaqiri....

however I worded it' date=' it was going to sound arrogant but it is not meant to be but realistically I think you have about a 1% chance of ever completing that deal....

As I say I would be truely astonished, it won't happen.

He can go to much bigger and better clubs and again without wanting to sound arrogant of those supposedly interested in him in terms of football clubs Liverpool and Internazionale are in a different stratosphere to Stoke in terms of club size and reputation.[/quote']

I'd definitely say that both clubs are on the up. They are solid PL clubs that are beginning to create a sub level above the usual cannon fodder so to speak.

Personally I'd be delighted to see someone like Shaqiri at Stoke. I don't think on current ability though there is a huge difference between Liverpool and Stoke obviously historically there is but Stoke have changed a lot and play some good football now.

Comparing Bojan's situation to that if Shaqiri's is not a valid one' date=' Bojan's had been floating around all kinds of places failing to deliver and being a bit part player he did not have the options a player like Shaqiri will nor the reputation.

The reality is you shop at the level you can and Shaqiri is well well above the level of a Stoke City.[/quote']

Bojan is a good player, at 17 he was tearing it up in La Liga. He's been unlucky and perhaps hasn't trained and worked as hard as he should have but he's undoubtably talented with the ball.

It does seem a fantasy signing Shaqiri but I'd argue it's more realistic then Liverpool going for Benzema and Pogba :P

Blah, blah, blah is all I read, move over chumps the powerhouse in the potteries are getting it done! :P

We are supposed to have had a bid accepted by Bayern for him but he is holding out for a bigger club. If Liverpool aren't seriously interested in him then the only thing I can think of as to why he would sign for us is the chance to play in the Premier League. Using us as a stepping stone, similar to Bony at Swansea, for a move to one of the big clubs in the league.

I know in reality it is highly unlikely but I'm loving the fact we are having a go at signing someone of his quality, as well as annoying loads of people in the process :P

I am not knocking them for trying' date=' in fact there sense of "ambition" so to speak is to be applauded I just don't think it is realistic.

Of course if he ends up at Stoke and says he turned down Liverpool I will issue a grovelling apology :P

I totally agree with this analysis.

I ain't even a massive Shaqiri fan personally I just and as I say this is not meant with any level of disrespect think he is out of Swansea/Stoke's league unless absolutely nobody else goes in for him.[/quote']

thisisanfield.com has a piece up about you not being seriously interested in him. Don't know how reputable the website is?

Agree with Newcastle, good away day and night out.

On an unrelated note what's everyone's favourite away day they've experienced in the EPL? Enjoyed Cardiff last season and Stoke was a laugh; remember Burnley being good in the Championship so looking forward to that in two weeks and a Chelsea mate of mine said it was a good buzz up there on a Monday night they took 4' date='000.[/quote']

Portsmouth away was the best ground to visit for atmosphere, the fans were great boisterous but also well educated and appreciated players from other teams always fair but great support for there own team.

I'd definitely say that both clubs are on the up. They are solid PL clubs that are beginning to create a sub level above the usual cannon fodder so to speak.

Personally I'd be delighted to see someone like Shaqiri at Stoke. I don't think on current ability though there is a huge difference between Liverpool and Stoke obviously historically there is but Stoke have changed a lot and play some good football now.

Bojan is a good player' date=' at 17 he was tearing it up in La Liga. He's been unlucky and perhaps hasn't trained and worked as hard as he should have but he's undoubtably talented with the ball.

It does seem a fantasy signing Shaqiri but I'd argue it's more realistic then Liverpool going for Benzema and Pogba :P[/quote']

There is a world of difference between Liverpool and Stoke as football clubs, I won't argue it any further as the Stokies are getting upset, but it is reality.

I never claimed Benzema or Pogba are realistic because they ain't just like Shaqiri at Stoke ;)

I really don't rate Bojan at all does a couple of nice flicks, tricks every now and then but his end product is poor and flatters to deceive, I said when he signed there was NO chance he will score ten PL goals this season and everybody laughed at me but he won't because he ain't all that.

He had everything going for him but for whatever reason his career has taken a nosedive and been a peripheral figure for the last 3-4 years not able to really make it anywhere he has been.

Might seem harsh but just my honest opinion.

thisisanfield.com has a piece up about you not being seriously interested in him. Don't know how reputable the website is

Not very is the answer to that just repeats made up stories from the other sources. None of the "reputable" sources have said anything serious about us and Shaqiri thus far.

TBH I don't really see us doing much in the way of paying out for players this window anyhow.

There is a world of difference between Liverpool and Stoke as football clubs' date=' I won't argue it any further as the Stokies are getting upset, but it is reality.

I never claimed Benzema or Pogba are realistic because they ain't just like Shaqiri at Stoke ;)

I really don't rate Bojan at all does a couple of nice flicks, tricks every now and then but his end product is poor and flatters to deceive, I said when he signed there was NO chance he will score ten PL goals this season and everybody laughed at me but he won't because he ain't all that.

He had everything going for him but for whatever reason his career has taken a nosedive and been a peripheral figure for the last 3-4 years not able to really make it anywhere he has been.

Might seem harsh but just my honest opinion.

[/quote']

Only in history. If you look objectively on the current situations at both clubs there is not the distance there once was at all.

I know you never claimed they would but I was pointing out that the minority of fans who are stuck in that mindset should know that it's more likely Stoke would sign Shaqiri.

I like Bojan and I believe with hard work he can still be a good player. He just needs the right motivation. His rise at Barca came at 16/17 years old which is tough to deal with so much expectation and pressure and only the great players, Messi etc deal with it.

He's fallen by the wayside but there is a quality player in there. He's still young and has time to prove himself.

I agree with ray on Bojan, I don't think he's anything special. He's a decent footballer who will struggle to score goals regularly. I know for Stoke he offers something completely different, but he's not really any better than being mid table Premier League player and I don't think he ever will be.

I agree with ray on Bojan' date=' I don't think he's anything special. He's a decent footballer who will struggle to score goals regularly. I know for Stoke he offers something completely different, but he's not really any better than being mid table Premier League player and I don't think he ever will be.[/quote']

I don't see Bojan as a striker though so judging him on goals is a bit unfair.

He's IMO a creative Winger/CAM.

Only in history. If you look objectively on the current situations at both clubs there is not the distance there once was at all.

I know you never claimed they would but I was pointing out that the minority of fans who are stuck in that mindset should know that it's more likely Stoke would sign Shaqiri.

I like Bojan and I believe with hard work he can still be a good player. He just needs the right motivation. His rise at Barca came at 16/17 years old which is tough to deal with so much expectation and pressure and only the great players' date=' Messi etc deal with it.

He's fallen by the wayside but there is a quality player in there. He's still young and has time to prove himself.[/quote']

If you honestly think Stoke are even comparable to Liverpool in a world standing then you're deluded.

Might only be a gap of 3 points in the league but the gap in fan-base and reputation worldwide is incomparable.

It's not a dig at Stoke they've done fantastically well to get where they have and the types of players they're linked with and after shows great ambition and should be respected.

I don't see Bojan as a striker though so judging him on goals is a bit unfair.

He's IMO a creative Winger/CAM.

Well for a winger or attacking midfielder he doesn't create enough chances to be considered anything more than a mid table Premier League player.

If you honestly think Stoke are even comparable to Liverpool in a world standing then you're deluded.

Might only be a gap of 3 points in the league but the gap in fan-base and reputation worldwide is incomparable.

It's not a dig at Stoke they've done fantastically well to get where they have and the types of players they're linked with and after shows great ambition and should be respected.

Ok so completely ignore the context of what I said...

I said on current footballing ability alone, not taking into account history, Stoke are not lightyears behind Liverpool like many are suggesting.

Of course Liverpool are the historically more attractive club but if for one second you can honestly reflect on the current state of both clubs Stoke are not as far behind Liverpool as Liverpool are behind Chelsea and Manchester City in terms of the football they are playing and their position in the PL.

Forget fan base and reputation (both based on history) the current Stoke side is more than capable of getting results against the current Liverpool side in fact in the last game at Anfield Stoke managed to have more possession, shots on target and most agree that Liverpool were lucky to get a 1-0 out of the game.

10 years ago you wouldn't be saying that.

The fact of the matter is there is only so long a club can survive on history, Liverpool are increasingly dependant on theirs and clubs like Stoke, Swansea and Southampton are beginning to catch up to Liverpool, slowly but surely.

I think a couple of comments about Bojan are a little harsh, in the last few months he has been excellent for us. He plays as a CAM behind either Crouch or Diouf not as a forward.

Before he signed for us I thought he was awful after watching him at Ajax. My feelings didn't really change after his first few games. He has improved ten fold since then though and I think you have to credit Hughes for instilling confidence and trust in him.

Is he good enough to play for anyone better than us? No I don't think he is but he is still young and if he has improved so much in a short space of time then who knows what he could be like in 18-24 months time. I'm in no way saying he is going to be a world beater before anyone gets the wrong impression.

Shaqiri and his agent landing in Stoke for negotiations. https://t.co/e5hs8sgxna

— Paul (@Kolology) January 7, 2015

Actually made me chuckle lol

Forget Shaqiri' date='Messi is signing for Chelsea :D:p[/quote']

Would love to see it happen but he's going nowhere.

Seeing Messi in the PL would be amazing regardless of what team he played for.

Heck I'd even be happy to see him at City.

Would love to see it happen but he's going nowhere.

Seeing Messi in the PL would be amazing regardless of what team he played for.

Heck I'd even be happy to see him at City.

I agree, would love him in the EPL. Luis Enrique get's the sack before Messi get's sold though.