Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

You support them do you :rolleyes:' date=' Dont worry, We are much stronger at the Brittania, We will get you back, Might not be 4-0, But the point is we are in Europe, I dont think Sunderland would manage with 3 Games in 5 Days ! B)[/quote']

Yes hence the 'SAFC' bit. I don't get how Stoke are banging on about Europe. They were singing a song about being in Europe, I don't see Fulham or Birmingham doing that.

I'm pretty sure we could manage 3 games in 5 days, I'm lost as to where these 3 games are unless you's have a Cup game on Tuesday. Nevertheless 4-0 even Bramble scored B):rolleyes:

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

I'm sure you noticed that the first 2 goals were offside and the united pen was a little dodgy?

Its ok to admit that your team had a lot luck on their side - it doesn't make them a better team or you a better person to argue that the ref's only mstake was against Man u' date=' its ridiculous.[/quote']

It was a penalty, Nani got fouled

and the 2 offside were border line offsides and like the rules say, if your not sure give the benefit of the doubt, its not like a red card or a screw job like Barcelona

It was a penalty' date=' Nani got fouled

and the 2 offside were border line offsides and like the rules say, if your not sure give the benefit of the doubt, its not like a red card or a screw job like Barcelona[/quote']

You're very blinkered. There is no "benefit of the doubt" in the rules, and at a free kick you would hope the assistant to be watching for offside.

The point is, United get at least as many decisions as everyone as illustrated by today's game.

You're very blinkered. There is no "benefit of the doubt" in the rules' date=' and at a free kick you would hope the assistant to be watching for offside.

The point is, United get at least as many decisions as everyone as illustrated by today's game.[/quote']

Name 5 moments that Man utd, Real, Inter etc get decisions in EUROPE

I can name 6 for Barcelona

btw it is hard for a linesman to spot offside when their so many body all together, u try being a linemans

You support them do you :rolleyes:' date=' Dont worry, We are much stronger at the Brittania, We will get you back, Might not be 4-0, [b']But the point is we are in Europe[/b], I dont think Sunderland would manage with 3 Games in 5 Days ! B)

Well I can see that being very bad for Stoke due to you playing in Europe it will put you at a disadvantage when you come back as your players will not be used to playing on a Thursday and then on a Sunday and that showed today with a defeat.

Great results this weekend - all the top clubs except United dropping points

United can going unbeaten - they never give up and they are ruthless

No they cant, you would have to improve CONSIDERABLY in terms of keeping possession and defensively.

Chelsea created quite a few clear cut opportunities, your clinical ..... thats not ruthless.

I bet you £100 pound United dont go unbeaten if they continue to play the way they are. Fantastis going forward.... but your open at the back.

No they cant' date=' you would have to improve CONSIDERABLY in terms of keeping possession and defensively.

Chelsea created quite a few clear cut opportunities, your clinical ..... thats not ruthless.

I bet you £100 pound United dont go unbeaten if they continue to play the way they are. Fantastis going forward.... but your open at the back.[/quote']

Man Utd arent open at the back, your forgetting there no Vidic, he would make it more stable, He had a great season last year. I think Evans gets a little afraid of the axe therefore makes mistakes. De Gea has the confindence now and speaks basic english

Chelsea had opportunities, but so did United with a Pen miss, should of had a 2nd pen for the Cole tackle of Chicharito, Rooney hitting post etc

Man Utd play to the end and never gives up, it even says ruthless on Man Utd shirts, Man utd also has the depth

Great results this weekend - all the top clubs except United dropping points

United can going unbeaten - they never give up and they are ruthless

They will get beaten, everyone was getting amazed last season and coming to conclusions that they could have a chance of finishing the season in the EPL unbeaten and then BAM! they lose to Wolves, they will not go unbeaten, they will lose sooner or later.

Man Utd arent open at the back' date=' your forgetting there no Vidic, he would make it more stable, He had a great season last year. I think Evans gets a little afraid of the axe therefore makes mistakes. De Gea has the confindence now and speaks basic english

Chelsea had opportunities, but so did United with a Pen miss, should of had a 2nd pen for the Cole tackle of Chicharito, Rooney hitting post etc

Man Utd play to the end and never gives up, it even says ruthless on Man Utd shirts, Man utd also has the depth[/quote']

No im not forgetting Vidic was out, im quite capable of seeing the bloody team selection, even more so as i watched the game.

Im not doubting the qualities Vidic brings to your defense, that would be stupid. However one player doesnt change the fact your style of play so far this season, in each of your games is very open, flowing and attacking. Its great football, fantastic but you do not look unbeatable. You look like the best team in the EPL atm, and on current football you will probably and deservedly win the prem ( if things stay as they are but there is ALOT of games left ).

You lost last season with Vidic at the back......

Regardless of De Geas improving confidence, the fact that your saying you will go unbeaten... on more than one occassion and attempting to justify your statement is bewildering.

By the way, the ball was OUT when cole clattered Hernandez, it wasnt a penalty. Touch up on the rules first before using trying make a point using that example.

United have always been ruthless, always played hard to the end, nothings changed that much.

Cant WAIT to prove quote your post when you lose :)

You look far from unbeatable. You look class, but no where near unbeatable.

EDIT: Your first two goals were offside and Chelsea missed two sitters aswell :)

No im not forgetting Vidic was out' date=' im quite capable of seeing the bloody team selection, even more so as i watched the game.

Im not doubting the qualities Vidic brings to your defense, that would be stupid. However one player doesnt change the fact your style of play so far this season, in each of your games is very open, flowing and attacking. Its great football, fantastic but you do not look unbeatable. You look like the best team in the EPL atm, and on current football you will probably and deservedly win the prem ( if things stay as they are but there is ALOT of games left ).

Regardless of De Geas improving confidence, the fact that your saying you will go unbeaten... on more than one occassion and [b']attempting[/b] to justify your statement is bewildering.

By the way, the ball was OUT when cole clattered Hernandez, it wasnt a penalty. Touch up on the rules first before using trying make a point using that example.

United have always been ruthless, always played hard to the end, nothings changed that much.

EDIT: Your first two goals were offside and Chelsea missed two sitters aswell :)

So If the ball went out of play, and I punched someone in the face, that isnt a Penalty?

Fergie, Ray Wilkins and others are saying that a penalty, Cole never got the ball and that could of been a leg breaker, and did Cole get booked? yes so it should be a pen

Arsenal unbeatable season - they had luck etc in some games so why cant United do what Arsenal did, Man United never had this best start in prem history

Try being a linemans and watch everyone bunch together in the first goal

2nd goal - I dunno, maybe the linemans thought he was just on

The sitters - yes Chelsea should of put them away

Like Fergie or Evra etc said that wasnt the best game but they can improve, they know how to get a result

So If the ball went out of play' date=' and I punched someone in the face, that isnt a Penalty?[/b']

Fergie, Ray Wilkins and others are saying that a penalty, Cole never got the ball and that could of been a leg breaker, and did Cole get booked? yes so it should be a pen

Arsenal unbeatable season - they had luck etc in some games so why cant United do what Arsenal did, Man United never had this best start in prem history

Try being a linemans and watch everyone bunch together in the first goal

2nd goal - I dunno, maybe the linemans thought he was just on

The sitters - yes Chelsea should of put them away

Like Fergie or Evra etc said that wasnt the best game but they can improve, they know how to get a result

Yes thats what i said isnt it...

READ the rules, it does help.

Fergie said it was .... LMAO as if that means anything, the man is a genius manager but he aint gonna say anything else. Read Allans post on the united thread.... he watched it in slow and it was over the line, the ref also turns to JT and Nani i think and says its not a penalty because its over the line..... he is also a United fans and accepts that.

Talking to you is like talking to brick wall.

Its pointless and very boring.

Your unbelievably biased, i have no anti united agenda, far from it, strangely i have come round to united in recent seasons, but your rose tinted glasses are pretty thick.

As is your understanding of the RULES of football.

Yes thats what i said isnt it...

READ the rules' date=' it does help.

Fergie said it was .... LMAO as if that means anything, the man is a genious manager but he aint gonna say anything else. Read Allans post on the united thread.... he watched it in slow and it was over the line, the ref also turns to JT and Nani i think and says its not a penalty because its over the line..... he is also a United fans and accepts that.

[b']Talking to you is like talking to brick wall.

Its pointless and very boring.

Your unbelievably biased, i have no anti united agenda, far from it, strangely i have come round to united in recent seasons, but your rose tinted glasses are pretty thick.

As is your understanding of the RULES of football[/b].

One of the best posts I've seen on here for a while, well played.

oi blind messi lover

i meant in the Premiership

I don't love Messi and I'm not blind Mr. Troll. Sure you did, since I posted that video you've changed your mind since you haven't watched football apart from Youtube clips of Real Madrid and Man Ure

Hasselbaink's miss against WBA (I think it was against them) when he was playing for Boro has to be the worst miss in the EPL. I can't find a video of it though.

I don't love Messi and I'm not blind Mr. Troll. Sure you did' date=' since I posted that video you've changed your mind since you haven't watched football apart from Youtube clips of Real Madrid and [b']Man Ure[/b]

Hasselbaink's miss against WBA (I think it was against them) when he was playing for Boro has to be the worst miss in the EPL. I can't find a video of it though.

Please don't use that. I'm sick of seeing people use it to describe the team/fans.

Hi guys' date='

Could everyone please remain civil. Yes, we accept there is going to be some banter, but please keep on topic and take any 'spats' to PM. It's also a good idea not to use the term ****** as a reference to Manchester United as this is very distasteful and will only lead to an altercation or similar.

Thanks in advance[/quote']

No im not forgetting Vidic was out' date=' im quite capable of seeing the bloody team selection, even more so as i watched the game.

Regardless of De Geas improving confidence, the fact that your saying you will go unbeaten... on more than one occassion and [b']attempting[/b] to justify your statement is bewildering.

Chelsea fan here;)

Last post on this:

Manchester United will lose - they still haven't gone behind as far as I know and that can make life seem much more difficult.

33 games to play, every game incredibly tough. They could lose to any team at any times, they've lost to Burnley and Wolves in recent seasons.

Only 1 team has ever gone unbeaten and that was a once in a lifetime occurrence.

Based on the performance against Chelsea, they should be thinking about how they can improve to make sure they're still in contention for the league in May because some of the defending wasn't great.

Remember that Chelsea had scored as many goals and had as many points at this time last season and look where they ended up.

I don't think the unbeaten side of Arsenal is a once in a lifetime thing really. Remember United nearly did it last season, they didn't lose a league match until late January or February when they lost to Wolves. I think it'll happen again in the next 10-20 years or so.

I do agree though that United have an incredibly tough game against Stoke this weekend, it's very hard to play against Stoke when they play the way they do. With Man Utd playing a very good passing game this season (not Arsenal-esque but still a game relying on technique, skill and game-awareness) it'll be fascinating to see how the two styles of play adapt to the opposing team but I can see United playing an efficient England-style method and maybe winning 1-0 or 2-0 but I can also see a draw or even a victory for Stoke, if they can cause United a lot of problems.

I don't think it's correct to compare Chelsea's start last season to United's start this season, because Chelsea haven't got the depth that United have and also their team is a lot younger and fresher, and they're unlikely to go through the situation that Chelsea did with Ray Wilkins, which is arguably why they went on a poor run of 7-8 games around November/December time.

Man Utd won't be hammering teams all season but they do have a resilience about them so I don't think anyone can say they won't go unbeaten. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are at the level they used to be and Ferguson/Man Utd seem to raise the bar now City are challenging them. At the moment everything they do results in goals and they are winning the games but that won't continue forever so they may have to fight more for the points later in the season. Vidic is still to come back into that team (and Ferdinand if he would play ahead of Jones/Smalling) which is an improvement on Evans.

Last post on this:

Manchester United will lose - they still haven't gone behind as far as I know and that can make life seem much more difficult.

33 games to play' date=' every game incredibly tough. They could lose to any team at any times, they've lost to Burnley and Wolves in recent seasons.

Only 1 team has ever gone unbeaten and that was a once in a lifetime occurrence.

Based on the performance against Chelsea, they should be thinking about how they can improve to make sure they're still in contention for the league in May because some of the defending wasn't great.

Remember that Chelsea had scored as many goals and had as many points at this time last season and look where they ended up.[/quote']

I know it wasn't the PL but we went behind in the Community shield with a young team and played like Barcelona in the 2nd half to win 3-2;)

Man Utd having a best season in years, maybe United weren't at their best vs Chelsea but still scored 3 against title challengers. Fergie, Evra etc knows they need to play better

October which will be the hard month sees United going to Liverpool twice, an away game in CL and City plus Norwich. United should have Vidic back soon which will be a boost for the PL games.

I know everyone saying the City game blah blah, but before that it's CL, United will play 2nd team as they are away but what will City do vs Villarreal? and the 2nd Derby the PL could be over

United could go unbeaten