Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

I had to stop watching the game after 30 minutes. I could see a rout coming.

At 0-0? :rolleyes:

Great result, damages Wolves morale that they'd have gained from the point at Newcastle. I thought they were defensively woeful and there was absoloutely no threat in front of goal from Wolves either. Fulham were very good and i'm not particular confident of us getting something when we go to Craven Cottage in a couple of weeks.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Wolves defender Roger Johnson was today fined for turning up at training under the influence of alcohol. As a professional football knowing he's got training later on in the day how can he seriously go ahead and drink alcohol.

He's been performing woefully for Wolves this season and £7 million for Wolves is an awful lot of money to spend on a player, especially on a centre back. I think the signing of Roger Johnson is definatly the worst signing of the season. £7 million for Wolves could have gone to bring in a few quality players, Danny Graham was signed for £3.5 million and he's scored 10 crucial premier league goals for us with limited chances. Wolves do look the worst in the league defensively which takes some doing in a season where Blackbun have failed to keep a clean sheet.

If anybody didn't see it last night' date=' like myself...

[YOUTUBE']YAAOsPMkYWk[/YOUTUBE]

Watched that earlier on in the week, it was very good. I was suprised at how open it was about things and how open it was about the running of the club.

Wolves defender Roger Johnson was today fined for turning up at training under the influence of alcohol. As a professional football knowing he's got training later on in the day how can he seriously go ahead and drink alcohol.

He's been performing woefully for Wolves this season and £7 million for Wolves is an awful lot of money to spend on a player' date=' especially on a centre back. [b']I think the signing of Roger Johnson is definatly the worst signing of the season.[/b] £7 million for Wolves could have gone to bring in a few quality players, Danny Graham was signed for £3.5 million and he's scored 10 crucial premier league goals for us with limited chances. Wolves do look the worst in the league defensively which takes some doing in a season where Blackbun have failed to keep a clean sheet.

A couple of the Liverpool signings (Henderson, cough) may have something to say about that :P

But yes, Johnson has had a very poor season, I expected much more from him.

A couple of the Liverpool signings (Henderson' date=' cough) may have something to say about that :P

But yes, Johnson has had a very poor season, I expected much more from him.[/quote']

I think Johnson's a worse signing to be honest, i really don't Henderson and think he's offered absoloutely nothing to Liverpool. Others obviously may think differently, but in my opinion the worst signing of the season is definatly Roger Johnson. But Johnson has been not only somebody who hasn't stood out as a good defender, but also somebody who's stood out as a liability in the Wolves defence and has made many mistakes which have led to goals. I also think it's the worst signing of the season as a £7 million loss for Wolves in my opinion would be felt a lot more than a £20 million loss for Liverpool.

His clearance for Jonas Olsson's goal in the 5-1 drubbing was pathetic (skip to 1.45)

PJ9dC0vTjr4&feature=related

The worst players this season are

Carroll (liverpool) Torres (chelsea) Cahill (chelsea) Mertesacker (Arsenal) Spearing (liverpool) N'Zogbia (Villa) Rodallega (Wigan) Hennessey (wolves) Savic (man city)

Best players this season

RPV (Arsenal) Ba (newcastle) Rooney (united) young (united) Silva (city) mata (chelsea) sturridge (chelsea) yaya toure (city) Agger + sktrel partnership (liverpool) Dempsey (fulham) holt (norwich) sessegon (sunderland) vorm (swansea) Krul (newcastle)

Carroll (liverpool) Torres (chelsea) Cahill (chelsea) Mertesacker (Arsenal) Spearing (liverpool) N'Zogbia (Villa) Rodallega (Wigan) Hennessey (wolves) Savic (man city)

Best players this season

RPV (Arsenal) Ba (newcastle) Rooney (united) young (united) Silva (city) mata (chelsea) sturridge (chelsea) yaya toure (city) Agger + sktrel partnership (liverpool) Dempsey (fulham) holt (norwich) sessegon (sunderland) vorm (swansea) Krul (newcastle)

Harsh. He's not set the world alight but it's his first season so i'd be a bit kinder to him.

And Laurent Koscielny has been better then all of those on your best players list put together.

Best players this season

Cahill,Mertesacker and Savic yeah right :rolleyes:

Harsh. He's not set the world alight but it's his first season so i'd be a bit kinder to him.

And Laurent Koscielny has been better then all of those on your best players list put together.

Mertesacker makes tons of mistakes, he gets the ball stuck in his feet and when he has the chance of headering, he dont, mertesacker is a tall player, he should be used to it

Koscielny hasnt stand out because of how many Arsenal let in

Mertesacker makes tons of mistakes' date=' he gets the ball stuck in his feet and when he has the chance of headering, he dont, mertesacker is a tall player, he should be used to it

Koscielny hasnt stand out because of how many Arsenal let in[/quote']

Yeah, I suppose he was at fault for every single one... :rolleyes:

Mertesacker makes tons of mistakes' date=' he gets the ball stuck in his feet and when he has the chance of headering, he dont, mertesacker is a tall player, he should be used to it

Koscielny hasnt stand out because of how many Arsenal let in[/quote']

Mertesacker made a couple of mistakes early on in his Arsenal career but he doesn't look to be a bad player, certainly not the worst defender that Arsenal have on their books.

Koscielny hasnt stand out because of how many Arsenal let in

Without him, we would have conceded about 50 more. I'd like to see any other defender play with as many different partners (Vermaelen, Djourou, Mertesacker, Miquel, Squillaci) as Koscielny's had this year and cope half as well. Never mind the fact we don't have a DM and Kieran Gibbs is playing terribly.

Cahill' date='Mertesacker and Savic yeah right :rolleyes:[/quote']

Those players I think has impressed me and some not

when Chelsea brought Cahill, guess how many tackles he did? only 9 and still dont think he been good at Chelsea

I know a City fan, he hates Savic and he cant watch if he is playing as he that poor

Mertesacker has been poor this year, he a tall player and sometimes dont header and he clumsy at feet, Im wondering how Germany get far in competitions

Those players I think has impressed me and some not

when Chelsea brought Cahill' date=' guess how many tackles he did? only 9 and still dont think he been good at Chelsea

I know a City fan, he hates Savic and he cant watch if he is playing as he that poor

Mertesacker has been poor this year, he a tall player and sometimes dont header and he clumsy at feet, Im wondering how Germany get far in competitions[/quote']

Having watched all but one of Cahill's games, I can honestly say he was pretty solid in all of them, especially considering he's partnering Luiz, which takes a bit of practice to say the least.

I think Johnson's a worse signing to be honest' date=' i really don't Henderson and think he's offered absoloutely nothing to Liverpool. Others obviously may think differently, but in my opinion the worst signing of the season is definatly Roger Johnson. But Johnson has been not only somebody who hasn't stood out as a good defender, but also somebody who's stood out as a liability in the Wolves defence and has made many mistakes which have led to goals. I also think it's the worst signing of the season as a £7 million loss for Wolves in my opinion would be felt a lot more than a £20 million loss for Liverpool.[/quote']

Yes, in comparison, the £7m will hurt Wolves more than the £20m to Liverpool, but Liverpool probably paid a good £14m (if not more) more than the value of the player. Roger Johnson was expected to sure up the Wolves defence after his form for Brum but that was probably more down to McLeish's defensive tactics than his good form. They wanted Mills in the summer too, they'd be even worse off :o

And that is a horrific clearance.

Best players this season

Young?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Bit of justice? Cisse was way offside for that goal' date=' 1-1.[/quote']

Am I the only one that thinks the linesman knew Cisse was offside, but didn't raise his flag because he saw the replay of the 'Clint Hill goal' at half time? Just to balance out the decisions.

2 wrongs can make a right in football.