Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2113810/Graham-Poll-Joe-Hart-screaming-Scott-Sinclairs-penalty.html

Absolute joke that anyone would even qusetion Hart here.

Some folk been complaining that Joe Hart was "trying to put off the poor little Sinclair by shouting at him loudly which hurt his poor ears":rolleyes:

Seriously, if people are expecting footballers to not be competitive, expecting them to be nice to each other on the pitch, expect them to not try and gain an upper hanmd in whatever way possible then go and play Cribbage.

I personally thought it was great by Joe Hart and it completely outphsyched Sinclair.

Hate all this "ungentlemanly conduct" rubbish. Lets see some passion and some fierocity.

My first XI would be something like this

...............................Hart.......................

...Richard.......Kompany......Skrtle.....Enrique

....................Cabaye........Modric.............

...........Mata.............Silva..........Bale.......

...............................RVP.......................

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2113810/Graham-Poll-Joe-Hart-screaming-Scott-Sinclairs-penalty.html

Some folk been complaining that Joe Hart was "trying to put off the poor little Sinclair by shouting at him loudly which hurt his poor ears":rolleyes:

Seriously' date=' if people are expecting footballers to not be competitive, expecting them to be nice to each other on the pitch, expect them to not try and gain an upper hanmd in whatever way possible then go and play Cribbage.

I personally thought it was great by Joe Hart and it completely outphsyched Sinclair.

Hate all this "ungentlemanly conduct" rubbish. Lets see some passion and some fierocity.[/quote']

Completely agree. Players get all sorts of abuse from opposing fans constantly so I doubt Hart's antics, which I thought were brilliant, in a funny way would put Sinclair off. It was just a poor penalty. There was quite alot of pressure on him.

Seriously' date=' if people are expecting footballers to not be competitive, expecting them to be nice to each other on the pitch, expect them to not try and gain an upper hanmd in whatever way possible then go and play Cribbage.

Hate all this "ungentlemanly conduct" rubbish. Lets see some passion and some fierocity.[/quote']

Yes i don't think he did anything wrong. Perhaps it did put Sinclair off, as he scored all 13 of his first 13 penalties but i don't see anything wrong with attempting to put the player off.

I don't think we'd have been able to hang on for 85 minutes with a one goal lead against Man. City though and i don't think we'd have won the game if Sinclair's penalty wasn't saved. After we did score and Man. City were going all out for a goal the whilstle couldn't come soon enough.

Sinclair did play fantastic against Man. City though, especially considering he was up against Micah Richards. He had the beating of Richards on a number of occasions and that was by far his best performance of the season.

Yes i don't think he did anything wrong. Perhaps it did put Sinclair off' date=' as he scored all 13 of his first 13 penalties but i don't see anything wrong with attempting to put the player off.

I don't think we'd have been able to hang on for 85 minutes with a one goal lead against Man. City though and i don't think we'd have won the game if Sinclair's penalty wasn't saved. After we did score and Man. City were going all out for a goal the whilstle couldn't come soon enough.

Sinclair did play fantastic against Man. City though, especially considering he was up against Micah Richards. He had the beating of Richards on a number of occasions and that was by far his best performance of the season.[/quote']

Sometimes I wondered what all the fuss was about with Sinclair. He seemed to be a Theo Walcott type of player every time I'd watch him play. Run and run until the end of the earth but never deliver anything of note. He was very good in the Championship, granted but so many players can't make that step up (Wayne Routledge for instance). Now, seeing as I don't watch Swansea week-in, week-out that was probably harsh. The missed penalty is definately a one-off. Whether down to Hart, or pressure. I bet he will score the majority he takes from now on.

I'm dreading our visit to the Liberty btw. You kept the ball for so long at St. James' earlier this season I fear it will be us chasing the ball for 80 minutes and maybe getting a little bit of the ball to mount an attack or two. I just hope we take our chances if we get any.

I saw you mention that the last time we met at the Liberty and Andy Carroll goal rescued a point for us and pointed out how far you have come from then. I wanted to reply at the time but couldn't. I wanted to add how much we have come on from then too. We were tipped to go into free-fall but got promoted straight away and after getting rid of some higher earners and Pardew installing a bit of fight in the squad, we will be tough to beat, I think. Hopefully it will be a good game. But, I don't care if its the most boring game ever if we get a result from that fortress of yours.

Sometimes I wondered what all the fuss was about with Sinclair. He seemed to be a Theo Walcott type of player every time I'd watch him play. Run and run until the end of the earth but never deliver anything of note. He was very good in the Championship' date=' granted but so many players can't make that step up (Wayne Routledge for instance). Now, seeing as I don't watch Swansea week-in, week-out that was probably harsh. The missed penalty is definately a one-off. Whether down to Hart, or pressure. I bet he will score the majority he takes from now on.

I'm dreading our visit to the Liberty btw. You kept the ball for so long at St. James' earlier this season I fear it will be us chasing the ball for 80 minutes and maybe getting a little bit of the ball to mount an attack or two. I just hope we take our chances if we get any.

I saw you mention that the last time we met at the Liberty and Andy Carroll goal rescued a point for us and pointed out how far you have come from then. I wanted to reply at the time but couldn't. I wanted to add how much we have come on from then too. We were tipped to go into free-fall but got promoted straight away and after getting rid of some higher earners and Pardew installing a bit of fight in the squad, we will be tough to beat, I think. Hopefully it will be a good game. But, I don't care if its the most boring game ever if we get a result from that fortress of yours.[/quote']

Sinclair is a different type of player. He's a player with an end product, good dribbling and a good defensive work rate. He hasn't got much of a cross on him and he can be inconsistant but he is a good player. He hasn't played particularly well recentley up until the Stoke game, but in the last three games he has played very well and definatly justified his selection over Wayne Routledge who has done very well when he's been given a chance for us. As for his penalties, he's got to miss one sometime. He scored his first 13 penalties, including 2 of the highest pressure penalties you could have given him in the play-off final and has scored penalties against West Brom, Bolton, Fulham and Stoke this season so i don't question his ability from the spot.

Away from home this season we really did park the bus and rely on a defensive performance. I guess it worked in the end and our defenders that day did play very well and Vorm didn't actually have to save that many efforts but we didn't test you we were just content to keep the ball and in the end settle for what was a very good 0-0 draw. Since then we've started playing a more attacking minded away game, we've been playing an attacking midfielder away from home which we didn't tend to do previously and really look to have a go at winning games away from home and despite not winning any of our first 9 away games we have won 3 out of our last 5 on the road. At home we've had a go at teams all season and it's paid off. We will keep the ball for a lot of the game and make it difficult for you, you could well get a win as Norwich managed to do but i do favour against anyone we play at home.

As for you improving in the last couple of years i did mention how much we'd both come on since that game originally. To go from the Championship to have a push for European football in such a short amount of time is phenomenal.

Today's win was up there with the very best results of our season as we thrashed Fulham at Craven Cottage. Fulham have been amazing at home of late, unbeaten in their last 6 in all competitions at home and winning 5 of those games. Recentley they've managed to put 5 past Wolves and Newcastle as well so to keep a clean sheet, especially missing key man Ashley Williams for the first team in a league match since 2008 was a fantastic achievement.

Our performance on the whole was phemonal, we kept the ball well and created lots of chances for an away side. We created plenty of clear cut chances in the first half and probably should have scored more than 3 goals during the game but i think it was a fair result as Vorm did make a few good saves himself.

- We're 8th, the highest we've been this season - whilst if the league would have been how Mark Lawrenson predicted it on Football Focus we'd have been bottom

- We're back to +0 GD for the first time since being beaten 4-0 away to Man. City on the opening game of the season.

- Today was our 12th clean sheet of the season, only Man. City and Man. United have kept more clean sheets in the league.

- Gylfi Sigurdsson has scored 5 goals in the last 3 away games.

- Having not won any of our first 9 away league games, we've won 4 of our last 6.

That second Swansea goal was sensational. Love the way Rodgers has got them playing.

It was a very good goal. I also liiked it when they showed us keeping the ball for 38 passes, lasting 1 minutes 35 seconds whilst we were ahead. How do Fulham get back in to the game when we can run down 90 seconds at a time with a passing move :P

WE have been playing passing football before Brendan took over under Martinez and Sousa. Credit to Huw Jenkins for keeping with that style of football that proved succesful under Martinez by remaining to keep passing the ball. We playing a better style under Rodgers though, as we seem to be playing a lot more free flowing football. We seem to be passing the ball in more offensive areas and he's tinkered with the formation to involve an attacking midfielder which has proved to be a lot more succesful, Dobbie's impact in that role last year was a key factor in promotion and Sigurdsson's impact in that role this season is key to our survival.

Really good result though, once again a team playing supposedly below par against us. Same story with Man. City and Wigan in the previous two wins of our three wins on the bounce. It's not a coincidence, you can't play well when the opposition have the ball.

That second Swansea goal was sensational. Love the way Rodgers has got them playing.

This, superb build up and a great finish.

Rodgers has clearly done his homework on the Barcelona way! The segment they did on MOTD showing them keeping the ball for 1m 35sec was great :D

Stoke city fans chanting "He cheats' date=' he dives, he hates the Jackson Five" at Suarez... He has made himself tones of enemies after the Evra incident and to be honest would ya, I personally think he deserves this treatment.[/quote']

I hated him before, one of the most infuriating bell ends in football.

Shame really because he is a fantastic player.

Stoke city fans chanting "He cheats' date=' he dives, he hates the Jackson Five" at Suarez... He has made himself tones of enemies after the Evra incident and to be honest would ya, I personally think he deserves this treatment.[/quote']

Without a doubt, i can't stand the guy. It's a real shame because he is such a talent but his maturity leaves a lot to be desired.

David Moyes is over rated' date='

discuss.[/quote']

Definitely not in my opinion, he has been delivering top half finishes and European football on a shoestring budget for what, 10 years now?

I often wonder what he could achieve with Everton if the owners weren't so tight.