Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

Fair play to both sets of fans yesterday at the Bolton game' date=' that is what football should be about. Although how any player roll about and "be hurt" after Muamba I'll never know.

Great performance from Bolton yesterday too.[/quote']

Hope Bolton stay up, Still praying for Muamba.

Now lets talk Miyaichi.

As much as id love him playing wth arsenal next season i think it would be better if he was loaned out to bolton for a full season (if they stay up) it would help him alot more in the experience, This lad is going to be class.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

He's not as bad as that' date=' he's a good player and play well considering his height etc. How Heskey played a head of him for England I'll never know.[/quote']

Although I don't rate Crouch at all - I must agree with you on that. How Heskey went to South Africa I will never know, let alone why he played against the numerous better strikers out there (crouch included)

He's not as bad as that' date=' he's a good player and play well considering his height etc. How Heskey played a head of him for England I'll never know.[/quote']

I've never really rated him. He lacks the strength to be a great target man or the speed and explosiveness to play havoc with defences. He always looks awkward on the ball, which can be attributed to his height and frame i suppose.

I can't fault the technique on the goal though, awesome control and touch.

I'm not sure about Crouch. He looks clumsy but he's got a decent touch for a big guy and can come out with the exceptional as he proved yesterday. Stuff that requires instinct and the technique to finish it. Couple of big criticisms though in that he's not great at getting himself into the best positions to score and he all too often misses chances he really should be tucking away.

Guest Scout Maker

League; yes. I personally think Ambrose's in the CC was just as spectacular.

Ambrose's goal was nominated in the FL awards but lost to Whittingham. :(

Guest Scout Maker

Shevki Kuqi's goal for Oldham last week against Rochdale was a better goal than Crouch's. Definatly in my opinion the goal of the year.

uXCW_S7a8NM

Too bad he couldn't do anything like that at Palace.... except give an "up yours" sign to the fans... :rolleyes:

Shevki Kuqi's goal for Oldham last week against Rochdale was a better goal than Crouch's. Definatly in my opinion the goal of the year.

uXCW_S7a8NM

Not in my opinion, Kuqi's was a hit and hope whereas Crouch's was hit on the swivel with perfect touch and control.

Not in my opinion' date=' Kuqi's was a hit and hope whereas Crouch's was hit on the swivel with perfect touch and control.[/quote']

How can you tell? ;) Kuqi's looks pretty awesome and whilst there's an element of luck, there was with Crouch's too. 1 in 100 of those come off. Kuqi did everything right there: watched it onto his foot, struck it cleanly and got a lot behind it.

How can you tell? ;) Kuqi's looks pretty awesome and whilst there's an element of luck' date=' there was with Crouch's too. 1 in 100 of those come off. Kuqi did everything right there: watched it onto his foot, struck it cleanly and got a lot behind it.[/quote']

Because there isn't a great deal of technical ability shown ;)

The ball sat up for him square to the goal and he smacked it as hard as he could, i'll give him credit for getting a clean connection but that's it. Crouch's on the other hand is much more spectacular; he took a great touch, the ball was at a difficult angle and he had to use perfect body control to generate the power to hit it up and over on the swivel.

Of course there's an element of luck in both goals, but Crouch's was a lot harder to pull off.

Not in my opinion' date=' Kuqi's was a hit and hope whereas Crouch's was hit on the swivel with perfect touch and control.[/quote']

Kuqi's goal is nothing compared to Crouch's .. It was there for Kuqi to hit, quite central strike while Peter had to set it up, the ball didn't touch the floor from the Keepers kick and it was quite an acute angle as well .

Well i suppose you do have to hope to an extent in order to score a goal of quality, but he's still struck it wonderfully. I hardly think it was a case that he's just trying to smack it up field, you can see he's certainly gone for goal and i don't think he could have hit it any better.

Kuqi's goal is nothing compared to Crouch's .. It was there for Kuqi to hit' date=' quite central strike while Peter had to set it up, the ball didn't touch the floor from the Keepers kick and it was quite an acute angle as well .[/quote']

Yep, that's exactly how i see it.

Well i suppose you do have to hope to an extent in order to score a goal of quality' date=' but he's still struck it wonderfully. I hardly think it was a case that he's just trying to smack it up field, you can see he's certainly gone for goal and i don't think he could have hit it any better.[/quote']

Oh there's no question he was going for goal, and the connection was perfect, however as i've said i just think Crouch's took more skill to pull off as it was at a much harder angle and the ball didn't sit up for him as well.

EA SPORTS TEAM OF THE WEEK :

56793327201221922pm.jpg

Looks exactly like a Garth Crooks team of the week where you get in if you score the most goals of the people who play in your position (and if few midfielders score then up to 4 strikers can play). Kieran Gibbs was horrible defensively and Albrighton should have scored/created a goal or two in the space he was afforded. Seriously, if a defender scores twice but makes 6 catastrophic errors leading to his team being routed, he'd still make Crooks' team of the week. The man's a fool.

i think Crouch's goal was much better than Kuqi's, but most shots are just 'hit and hope' anyway, i think the control and first touch by Crouch made my goal world-class!