Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

Torres is looking amazing on MOTD' date=' getting involved in everything and his touches are sublime. Dare I say it, he's looking like the Torres of old.[/quote']

Dare. He is looking better, and you can see it in his play. He is still well off the play he is capable of from his days at Liverpool, even his waning days there. But it is good to see him play with a happy manner about him. :)

Dare. He is looking better' date=' and you can see it in his play. He is still well off the play he is capable of from his days at Liverpool, even his waning days there. But it is good to see him play with a happy manner about him. :)[/quote']

Agree there, I don't think he'll reach those heights again but you never know. You could see the confidence in him today, he was making the runs, trying fancy flicks and wanting to score instead of hanging out on the wings. I sense he wants a Euro place in the summer. :P

That goal came against the run of play. The swans were amazing up to then' date=' not they've fallen apart.. Still more possession to Swansea, they are not creating enough in front of goal tho.[/quote']
Already 1-0 down' date=' but there is still time CMON YOU SWANS![/quote']

Gonna be an impossible task for Swansea today. But impossible is nothing.

COME ON YOU SWANS.

We should get back in the game more second half, we should get chances and hopefully we'll take one.

Nathan Dyer should come on in the second half and he'll give us something extra. Routledge and Sinclair have played well but Dyer is just a class above them.

We should get back in the game more second half' date=' we should get chances and hopefully we'll take one.

Nathan Dyer should come on in the second half and he'll give us something extra. Routledge and Sinclair have played well but Dyer is just a class above them.[/quote']

I always thought Sinclair was better than Dyer :D

Would be good to see Swansea come back against them, tough game for the Swans on friday aswell.

We should get back in the game more second half' date=' we should get chances and hopefully we'll take one.

Nathan Dyer should come on in the second half and he'll give us something extra. Routledge and Sinclair have played well but Dyer is just a class above them.[/quote']

That little flick from Routledge was amazing :eek: . I am not saying this because I want Spurs to lose/draw, but I honestly think that Swansea play the most eye pleasing football in the Premier league (excluding the current top 3).

I always thought Sinclair was better than Dyer :D

Would be good to see Swansea come back against them' date=' tough game for the Swans on friday aswell.[/quote']

He isn't. Dyer didn't play well when he came on, as it will take him time to get back to match fitness after missing the last three weeks but i'm delighted he's back and he should start against Newcastle.

That little flick from Routledge was amazing :eek: . I am not saying this because I want Spurs to lose/draw' date=' but I honestly think that Swansea play the most eye pleasing football in the Premier league (excluding the current top 3).[/quote']

That Routledge flick was very good, shame it didn't lead to more.

Swansea really need to sign Sigurdsson in the summer! He's been brilliant for them so far.

Mind you' date=' he would probably have to hand over his Icelandic fishing company to someone else in order to move :D[/quote']

Indeed, if he's only going to cost a reported £5 million then he is a neccesity. Quality player, great goal and came close to scoring from a range a couple of times. He can keep hold of his fishing company if it means he does more dead fish celebrations like against Wigan.

They deserved it. By far the better team and Bale bullied the whole defense for most of the match.

They did deserve it in the end, although i think we were unlucky to lose by two goals. We dominated the first 15 minutes or so of both halves, but the Van Der Vaart goal and Sigurdsson's goal both resulted in Spurs getting a lot more of the ball and resulted in them having a lot more chances.

We played well, and the performance was a good one, on another day we could have buried our chances and got a result but it is very good that even at our low points (back to back defeats) we're still as high as 11th in the table. Only one game left for us now where you'd think it's beyond us to win and four of the bottom five still to play.

Has anybody been to Loftus Road recently? They have gold and silver tickets and I don't know how big the difference in quality is :o Any help would be appreciated...

By the way' date=' Spurs' stewards need to be shot, fans stand up in away games :rolleyes:[/quote']

Sunderland stewards were the same, didn't go to Spurs but all the stewards do when asking away fans to sit down is create a problem. Then you get the case of some people sitting down and some people standing up, when peoples view does get obstructed whilst when everbody stands up there isn't a problem. Liverpool tried to do the same.