Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

Just seen Daglish's post match interview after yesterdays game. He's an embarrassment to Liverpool FC the way he defended Carroll's dive. He's tainting the club's image. What are Liverpool fan's thoughts on him in here? If I was one' date=' i'd be fuming at him[/quote']

I know I am not a Liverpool fan but I find it hilarious what is going on across the park. I would say it is split with some of them wanting him to go and others saying he should be sacked cos he is the "king" and a "legend". Personally I hope he keeps the job :)

I know I am not a Liverpool fan but I find it hilarious what is going on across the park. I would say it is split with some of them wanting him to go and others saying he should be sacked cos he is the "king" and a "legend". Personally I hope he keeps the job :)

I can't help but laugh as well. I find it amazing that they got rid of Hodgson so quickly (rightly so IMO - he looked out of his depth to me) but will hold on to Kenny despite Carroll, Henderson, Downing and Adam scoring 6 goals between them (I think), and this being Liverpool's worst season for a generation so i've heard although I still find that hard to believe. That and their second bottom of the PL since January the 1st. Unbelievable.

Just watched MoTD3 and everytime I look at the PL table I get more and more worried about relegation... I convinced myself we were fine but I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, and we have a hard run in.

546563_394944703863554_196942303663796_1410839_1923936924_n.jpg

Team of the week.

Valencia played 10 minutes, that's mad. Diakite and Taarabt were okay I thought, not really TOTW standard in my view anyway. Seb on the right, Bale on the left. The former and latter actually played well on their correct wings.. The rest deserve their spots though. Seb on the right, Bale on the left. The former and latter actually played well on their correct wings..

Valencia played 10 minutes' date=' that's mad. Diakite and Taarabt were okay I thought, not really TOTW standard in my view anyway. Seb on the right, Bale on the left. The former and latter actually played well on their correct wings.. The rest deserve their spots though. Seb on the right, Bale on the left. The former and latter actually played well on their correct wings..[/quote']

Valencia played the full 90? :confused:

The 5 Managers Shortlisted For LMA manager Of The Year Award

1. Brendan Rodgers (SWANSEA)

2. David Moyes (EVERTON)

3. Sir Alex Ferguson (MANCHESTER UNITED)

4. Paul Lambert (NORWICH)

5. Alan Pardew (NEWCASTLE)

pokit_2a354897d7fb1623d7f90eb60c9f6a.gif

Gotta be Brendan Rodgers for me. Apart from anything else, he showed balls coming up to the PL from the Championship and not changing his style, taking games to the big teams. Him and Lambert too - Swansea have impressed me a bit more though

Fergie will probably get it. However, I think Paul Lambert has to get it. I know Rodgers has done extremely well, but Lambert's built his Norwich side since League 1 and has brought them up. He has an almost exact same 11 as he had when he got them promoted aswell. I'd love it if Lambert got it, but Rodgers is definitely the next best for me, off that shortlist.

Looking at the previous winners of the award, i think Rodgers has a chance of winning it. My manager of the year would be Rodgers for style, the signings and his personality.

By personality, i mean the way he speaks to the media, he's a very humble guy who respects and is respected by his fellow managers and never has a go at referees or individuals in the side in the media. After the Man. United loss, and the goal being down to an error of Angel Rangel's he stated that if anyone was to blame for the goal it was him, as he's the one who tells them to play. After the Spurs game on Sunday for some time after the final whistle he had a lengthy conversation with Harry Redknapp, and you can see that Redknapp and Rodgers deeply respect eachover. Last season after the play-off final whilst most manager at the final whistle would have run on the pitch with his coaching staff, Brendan slowly approached Brian McDermott to consolidate him.

If Paul Lambert were to get the award i think it would be fair, he's done wonders at Norwich as well. He seems to be a real good man manager who gets the best out of his players.

I don't think David Moyes will get it, he's done well this season but whether his season will be a major success or simply an average season will depend on the rest of the season.

Pardew has a good chance of getting it, but i personally still don't think he is a very good manager. I think that the signings in the French League have been fantastic for them, but i don't know how much of a say Pardew had in the signings and whether it was more due to the Chief Scout. But if they were to finish in a European place it would be an amazing season for Newcastle and i guess Pardew will have done a great job.

Brendan Rodgers is the fashionable choice, don't get me wrong he's worked wonders with Swansea and the brand of football they play is a joy to watch but for me Lambert just pips him at the post. He's a great manager who has comfortably kept Norwich up with little 'Premiership' quality in the side.

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Premier League Player of the Month - March

PA-12954278.jpg

4 goals in 4 games in March from midfield, i think the award is deserved. Brendan was beaten to manager of the month by Owen Coyle though. Both got 9 points from a possible 12 and i think it was fair that Coyle won it, although our wins were arguably tougher including an away win at Fulham and a home win at Man. City the wins for Bolton were vital for their fight for survival. They're far from safe at the moment but without the wins this month they'd be as good as down.

Whats peoples predictions for the bottom three? Wolves are dead-certs but other than that I'm not sure. I think Bolton' date=' Wigan and Blackburn will stay up, which leaves QPR and Villa for me.[/quote']

Wolves, QPR and Wigan.

I'm hoping for Wolves, QPR and Villa to go down with next season in mind though.