Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

well done coyle and sigurdssen,

evenknow my choice would be coyle or rodgers and Valencia

bottom 3 is hard, wigan always survives the last day of the season, blackburn and qpr fighting hard

villa needs to hit points, they need to win for petrov like bolton trying for muamba

i have no clue this year

i wish they do split screen this year like they did a few years ago with united and chelsea

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Couldn't have seen the manager of the month award going to anyone else. Coyle has handled himself with such dignity and class & add a few wins into the bag it was odds on that he'd have got it.

The player one was a bit closer. Sigurdsson has done well, but Valencia has been a different class lately IMO.

Wolves Wigan & QPR to go down. :D

Whats peoples predictions for the bottom three? Wolves are dead-certs but other than that I'm not sure. I think Bolton' date=' Wigan and Blackburn will stay up, which leaves QPR and Villa for me.[/quote']

I'm not sure Blackburn have enough about them to stay up, Villa are in terrible form so i fancy those two to go down with Wolves. Wigan always raise their game at this time of the season and i fancy QPRs chances of staying up.

Blackburn have too much quality to go down, Wigan are awful and will go down. Wolves are even worse and I hope QPR go down, doubt Villa will go down even with this terrible season they are having and Bolton are on a good run that will probably see them overtake Villa soon.

I agree' date='but it will be very interesting till the end.[/quote']

For sure it will be interesting, for me it's far more entertaining then any title race or 4th place race. I'm not sure about the finances of it, but i think it affects the clubs a lot more then winning the league title or not. And whilst there's a two team race for the title there is 6 teams who are certainly in with a chance of relegation, it is going to be very entertanining.

I find it remarkable how Wigan can only win 4 of their first 29 games, and then go and win back to back games when it starts to matter. Bolton have been the same this season, winning only 4 of their first 28 games and then winning 3 games on the spin.

For sure it will be interesting' date=' for me it's far more entertaining then any title race or 4th place race. [b']I'm not sure about the finances of it[/b], but i think it affects the clubs a lot more then winning the league title or not. And whilst there's a two team race for the title there is 6 teams who are certainly in with a chance of relegation, it is going to be very entertanining.

I find it remarkable how Wigan can only win 4 of their first 29 games, and then go and win back to back games when it starts to matter. Bolton have been the same this season, winning only 4 of their first 28 games and then winning 3 games on the spin.

I think i'm right in saying a place in the Premiership is worth £50m, so the incentive to stay up is massive especially for small clubs like Wigan who don't have a large fanbase.

I think i'm right in saying a place in the Premiership is worth £50m' date=' so the incentive to stay up is massive especially for small clubs like Wigan who don't have a large fanbase.[/quote']

I think it's around that sort of figure, but i'm unsure of the comparison of that £40-50 million fee with the financial benefits of winning the league or reaching the Champions League.

I think it's around that sort of figure' date=' but i'm unsure of the comparison of that £40-50 million fee with the financial benefits of winning the league or reaching the Champions League.[/quote']

It's probably a similar sort of figure with a generic CL run. However, dropping out of the PL loses smaller clubs a much higher proportion of their income than dropping out of the CL loses bigger clubs as they tend to have bigger stadiums, more TV revenue and richer owners.

Guest Scout Maker

Wolves are pretty much down. Feel sorry for Terry Connor, seems a decent manager but the team just isn't good enough. Wigan are playing so well but their finishing is diabolical, that match against WBA was a joke and even on Saturday against Stoke they missed 2-3 gilt-edge chances. They have to start finishing some of them if they want to stay up. QPR probably have the strongest squad out of those at the bottom but have the hardest run-in. Bolton are on form at the moment, likewise with Blackbun so it's very hard to call. Even Villa could get sucked into it if they carry on this form.

I think:

20th - Wolves

19th - QPR

18th - Blackburn

17th - Wigan

16th - Bolton

15th - Aston Villa

Looking forward to tomorrow's match. The two teams that impressed the most this season I would say' date=' I see it being a draw, but I'd love a Swansea win. And to be honest, I can't remember the last time there was a PL match on a Friday.[/quote']

I think that it will be a draw.

Swansea is playing great,but are they good enough to beat Newcastle? :D

I think that it will be a draw.

Swansea is playing great' date='but are they good enough to beat Newcastle? :D[/quote']

They are. At home they definitely are good enough to beat anyone ( As Results Show) but I think with Newcastle's good form it could be a draw. Hard to call.

They are. At home they definitely are good enough to beat anyone ( As Results Show) but I think with Newcastle's good form it could be a draw. Hard to call.

Whilst they are rather decent at home, I think teams are slowly finding them out. Everton & Spurs have pressed them high in the last 2 games & profited from that as Britton doesn't pass the ball forward & Allen gives it away too much IMO.

Think it could be a draw but I'd like to see the Toon win. Wild love tee them in Europe next season. :D

Whilst they are rather decent at home' date=' I think teams are slowly finding them out. Everton & Spurs have pressed them high in the last 2 games & profited from that as Britton doesn't pass the ball forward & Allen gives it away too much IMO.

Think it could be a draw but I'd like to see the Toon win. Wild love tee them in Europe next season. :D[/quote']

Keep clutching at those straws ;) We lost to a quality Spurs team at White Hart Lane due to two late goals, and one bad day against Everton at home where they completely outplayed us.

Two losses doesn't mean we've been figured out, what about the three wins in a row before them?

Looking forward to tomorrow's match. The two teams that impressed the most this season I would say' date=' I see it being a draw, but I'd love a Swansea win. [b']And to be honest, I can't remember the last time there was a PL match on a Friday[/b].

It only happens once a year. I guess that's why it's called Good Friday. :P

Looking forward to tomorrow's match. The two teams that impressed the most this season I would say' date=' I see it being a draw, but I'd love a Swansea win. And to be honest, [b']I can't remember the last time there was a PL match on a Friday[/b].

Arsenal played on a Friday evening once, beat Leeds 5-0 in 03/04, Henry got four. Depressing.

Whilst they are rather decent at home' date=' I think teams are slowly finding them out. Everton & Spurs have pressed them high in the last 2 games & profited from that as Britton doesn't pass the ball forward & Allen gives it away too much IMO.

Think it could be a draw but I'd like to see the Toon win. Wild love tee them in Europe next season. :D[/quote']

We've lost back to back games, but that doesn't mean we've been found out. You could have said the same when we lost back to games in circumstances where we should have done a lot better and then followed that up with three consecutive wins. Both Spurs and Everton deserved to beat us in the end, but it could have gone our way in both games. We had our spells in both games, but you can't win them all. The reality is that Everton are in great form and Spurs are a top side, two sides above us in the league for a reason.

We've been found out in the sense that teams know what to expect when they play us, but they can't do much about it, when they haven't got the ball what they can do is very limited.

As for Britton and Allen, you really are clutching at straws. Britton plays how he always does, and he's key for us rather than a fault of the side. Allen retains the ball more than anyone else in my opinion, and rarely loses the ball.

Woah lads, chill out. :P

Found out ain't really what I meant in a way. It was more you've been beaten twice in two games by teams who press high up the pitch. It was the same when we came down last Feb (long time ago I know). The only reason we won that day is cause you couldn't get it down & knock it about. It could just be coincidence, but a pattern could be emerging...

And I'm not blaming Britton or Allen for your last 2 games. I watched Britton closely after something was mentioned about comparing to Xavi, against Spurs. He must have made one forward pass all game. And I know you both watch your side more than me (obviously :o) but whenever I've seen highlights on MOTD or something, Allen is the one in your side who seems to me that loses the ball the most.