Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

Nominees for the PFA Player's Player of the Year are Aguero' date=' Hart, Parker, van Persie, Rooney and Silva.

For the Young Award the list is Aguero, Bale, Chamberlain, Sturridge, Walker and Welbeck.[/quote']

What's the point of Nominating Aguero in both, he's clearly not gonna get both ??

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Nominees for the PFA Player's Player of the Year are Aguero' date=' Hart, Parker, van Persie, Rooney and Silva.

For the Young Award the list is Aguero, Bale, Chamberlain, Sturridge, Walker and Welbeck.[/quote']

Van Persie and Walker for me.

Why on earth is Chamberlain there? He's only played 13 games for Arsenal in the Premier League these season, only a few of those games were starts. He's had a few good games, in particular at home to Arsenal and at home to Blackburn but he's not consistantly performed - yet he's in there. Not that the likes of Caulker or Joe Allen would have even a chance of getting in there, but they've played the majority of this season, and have played well. As have the likes of Jack Rodwell, James McLean, Kyle Naughton, James McCarthy, Mark Davies and David Hoilett but a lot of these didn't even have a chance. McLean's hasn't played too much seeing as he didn't play under Bruce, but he's still played more than Chamberlain, scored more then Chamberlain and has generally impressed more in games. But then again he doesn't get ridicolous amounts of hype. Theo Walcott has had poor spells this season, but he's played more games and has put in more strong performances than Chamberlain and in this moment in time Walcott is definatly a better player than Chamberlain.

Danny Welbeck shouldn't really be there as well, good prospect? yes, performed well? not really no, he's only scored 8 premier league goals playing week in week out for United. He went 10 league games without a goal before scoring against Villa, he has had runs of form but he's not been up there with the top 5 young players of the year and if he'd gone for big money like one or two other young English players then he'd be considered a flop and wouldn't be anywhere near this list.

As for Scott Parker being in the top 6 Premier League players of the season? Really?. I only think he's in there because he's an English player getting too much hype, i don't think he's played badly but he hasn't been one of the very best players in the divison this season. Had Yohann Cabaye been English, i think he'd be in their, it just seems that the PFA have hyped up on or two of the players on the list.

If i was to pick the top 3 players and young players of the season mine would be:

1. Robin Van Persie, 2. Vincent Kompany, 3. Wayne Rooney

1. Sergio Aguero, 2. Gareth Bale, 3. Kyle Walker

How can RVP be there when he's not even Arsenal's best player? Granted, he's been brilliant and carried us at times but he's had patches where he's been quiet. You Know who has been faultless (or near enough). I'd also like to see Sagna get nominated/win it one year, he deserves recognition.

How old do you have to be to not be concidered 'young'?. Aguero is 24 in 2 months...

Also ridiculous how Valencia is not nominated... :rolleyes:

24 is not young' date=' young players should be defined as under 21, Aguero has been playing first team football for 7years nearly....I find the parimeters of that award slighly embaressing.

Valencia has been brilliant past two months but he missed a large part of the season, so perfectly understandable in my eyes.[/b']

Yeah' date=' where the hell is McClean? He's been one of the best young players this season and should be on there.[/quote']

I dont think you can nominate McClean he didnt even kick a ball until December ish and whilst he had a great couple of months, he aint been that impressive IMO the past month, two months of very good displays shouldnt IMO warrant a nomination in a "season" competition.

For what it is worth Van Persie is the winner of the seniors, Joe Hart would be second, both have been consistantly superb all season and IMO have been the most "consistantly excellent" throughout the duration of the whole season

I'm a Chelsea fan :P

But seriously I would vote for Aguero.

I know :P

Half my family are Chelsea fans but Sturridge, no way, most selfish player I have seen in a long time.

Aguero would get my vote as well for young player, although how he qualifies as a young player is baffling :confused:

24 is not young' date=' young players should be defined as under 21, Aguero has been playing first team football for 7years nearly....I find the parimeters of that award slighly embaressing.

[b']Yep exactly my point.[/b]

Valencia has been brilliant past two months but he missed a large part of the season, so perfectly understandable in my eyes.

He's played most of our games this season only missing games through rotation/rest really.

De Gea deserves a shout for young player imo

Possibly' date=' but whilst De Gea has obviously played well recentley there's been so many top class keepers in the Prem. Woijech Szcsesny has been more consistant over the course of the season then De Gea.

24 is not young, young players should be defined as under 21, Aguero has been playing first team football for 7years nearly....I find the parimeters of that award slighly embaressing.

Valencia has been brilliant past two months but he missed a large part of the season, so perfectly understandable in my eyes.

I dont think you can nominate McClean he didnt even kick a ball until December ish and whilst he had a great couple of months, he aint been that impressive IMO the past month, two months of very good displays shouldnt IMO warrant a nomination in a "season" competition.

For what it is worth Van Persie is the winner of the seniors, Joe Hart would be second, both have been consistantly superb all season and IMO have been the most "consistantly excellent" throughout the duration of the whole season

I agree that the limit should be 21, i don't know how Aguero should be qualified to win young player of the year.

Well as for McLean, he's played regular first team football, something Alex Oxlade Chamberlain hasn't even managed (not that he's a bad player, but he shouldn't be up for the award if he's not playing regular football). McLean's played a lot more then Oxlade Chamberlain, and has played better so i don't see why he shouldn't be up for the award.

Another name would be Gylfi Sigurdsson, i don't think he should be up for the award but he's played a lot more then Chamberlain. Gylfi's played 1186 minutes in comparison to 471. Why shouldn't he be up for the young player of the year, yes he didn't play until January, but he's played almost 3 times as many minutes as Chamberlain?

I don't think Joe Hart has been the goalkeeper of the season, i genuinly think Vorm has. Vorm has been so key for us and has made so many good saves and i think he should be the goalkeeper of the year in consideration of the difference of the quality of defences between ours and Man. Citys.

No Newcastle players nominated? I'm a little surprised. Ok, Cisse has played half a season, Ba was on fire for half a season (but still contributing to our good performances at the moment), Ben Arfa has been in and out of the team before securing a place recently, Side-Show is a major reason why we are where we are same with Jonas. Plus, I know Krul has conceded quite a few goals but he's been fantastic on the whole, especially when you consider the defenders he has infront of him compared to Joe Hart.

Clint Dempsey would be one other player very unlucky to miss out.

The shortlist is small I guess so they have to pick the 'right' players.

De Gea deserves a shout for young player imo

I think he was far too inconsistent during the middle part of the season to be nominated. If he continues as he's done the past 5/6 weeks come next season then he could well have a shout but I don't think he's been anywhere near as good as Hart on a regular basis this season.

Personally I think De Gea was outside the top 3 keepers this year (Hart, Szcsesny Krul, Vorm and possibly even Friedel were better). Maybe next year he'll deserve something but this year, not so much.

Some very surprising selections this year to be honest though.