Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

You can vote for the Premier League 20 Season Awards here. Public categories are Best Match, Goal, Celebration, Save and Team.

I went for the 4 all draw between Arsenal and Spurs, Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle which I still don't know how he did, Bullard's mockery of Phil Brown against City, Jaaskelainen's double stop against United and my team was: Schmeichel, Dixon, Stam, Desailly, Cole, Ronaldo, Vieira, Scholes, Ginola, Shearer and Bergkamp :)

You can vote for the Premier League 20 Season Awards here. Public categories are Best Match' date=' Goal, Celebration, Save and Team.

I went for the 4 all draw between Arsenal and Spurs, Bergkamp's goal against Newcastle which I still don't know how he did, Bullard's mockery of Phil Brown against City, Jaaskelainen's double stop against United and my team was: Schmeichel, Dixon, Stam, Desailly, Cole, Ronaldo, Vieira, Scholes, Ginola, Shearer and Bergkamp :)[/quote']

Went for the Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle.

Rooney overhead versus City.

Ferguson and Kidd's celebration.

Schmeichel v Liverpool

And the undisputed team of the last 20 years is:

Schmeichel

Neville

Adams

Campbell

Cole

Ronaldo

Keane

Scholes

Giggs

Henry

Shearer

Tbh no midfielder comes anywhere near breaking up that Utd 4-some.

Do you not think Arsenal have been included enough?

If a team has played in one of the most entertaining games this league has seen should they not be included based on the fact they've been included too much? Ridiculous... If the games are worthy enough of being the best they could all feature Arsenal for all I care.

If a team has played in one of the most entertaining games this league has seen should they not be included based on the fact they've been included too much? Ridiculous... If the games are worthy enough of being the best they could all feature Arsenal for all I care.

Well then , the 5-3 at Stamford Bridge should be in there too, if only for the Racist falling flat on his face.

And the undisputed team of the last 20 years is:

Schmeichel

Neville

Adams

Campbell

Cole

Ronaldo

Keane

Scholes

Giggs

Henry

Shearer

Tbh no midfielder comes anywhere near breaking up that Utd 4-some.

I'd love to see one of these XI's made of players that didn't primarily play for Man U or Arsenal. Honestly believe Dion Dublin would be in with a shout of making it. Scored over 100 Premiership goals and 61 of those were at a Coventry City side who's best finish was 11th. That's pretty impressive.

Steve Ogrizovic would also most certainly be the keeper in that side.

Sad to think that Coventry have such a rich history in the top flight yet seem destined for the 3rd tier of English football.

Absolutely ridiculous that neither Steve Ogrizovic, Gary McAllister or Dion Dublin are on the ballot for the team.

Ogrizovic quite simply is the best England goalkeeper never to have been capped at International level. Plus he made over 507 PL appearances in a career that saw him play to the year 2000 when he retired aged 43!

McAllister played for Leeds, Coventry and Liverpool during his days in the top flight He captained the Leeds side and took them to two 4th placed finishes in 93/94 and 94/95. He moved to Coventry for £3m and became our star midfielder. He was our central inspiration when we finished 11th (our highest ever finish) and at the age of 35 he was still good enough to move to Liverpool and win a treble of titles. Houllier called McAllister his 'most inspirational signing'.

As for Dublin...over 100 PL goals all scored in the Midlands. Coventry aren't exactly a fashionable team but his goals each season kept us up. It was when he left we struggled and went down. He moved to Villa (he was hated for it but it happened) and he picked up where he left up bagging goal after goal.

How those 3 aren't classed as some of the best of the last 20 years I have no idea. I guess it all comes down to Coventry not being a big club again.

Absolutely ridiculous that neither Steve Ogrizovic' date=' Gary McAllister or Dion Dublin are on the ballot for the team.

Ogrizovic quite simply is the best England goalkeeper never to have been capped at International level. Plus he made over 507 PL appearances in a career that saw him play to the year 2000 when he retired aged 43!

McAllister played for Leeds, Coventry and Liverpool during his days in the top flight He captained the Leeds side and took them to two 4th placed finishes in 93/94 and 94/95. He moved to Coventry for £3m and became our star midfielder. He was our central inspiration when we finished 11th (our highest ever finish) and at the age of 35 he was still good enough to move to Liverpool and win a treble of titles. Houllier called McAllister his 'most inspirational signing'.

As for Dublin...over 100 PL goals all scored in the Midlands. Coventry aren't exactly a fashionable team but his goals each season kept us up. It was when he left we struggled and went down. He moved to Villa (he was hated for it but it happened) and he picked up where he left up bagging goal after goal.

How those 3 aren't classed as some of the best of the last 20 years I have no idea. I guess it all comes down to Coventry not being a big club again.[/quote']

Dublin was class but they only decided to include 10 strikers and to be fair all 10 are/were a class above him.

Voted for Arsenal 4-4 Liverpool though the 4-4 against Spurs was a great match as well.Looking at the highlights of a few matches and realizing the amount of changes that took place.. like Gallas and Adebayor scoring against Tottenham or Benayoun scoring against Arsenal and so on :) Amazing the amount of Arsenal matches there. As for the goal I went Bergkamps's goals against Newcastle even though Henry's was pretty special as well. LuaLua for the celebration and Gordon for the save. It's funny how Kuszczak is there twice despite barely playing :P

David Seaman

Dan Petrescu

Steve Bruce

Tony Adams

Nigel Winterburn

David Beckham

Matt Le Tissier

Patrick Vieira

Robert Pires

Thierry Henry

Dennis Bergkamp