Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

LOL coming from a guy who chose 11 Arsenal players :rolleyes:

My whole team includes multiple champions and very worthy of their place in the team.

Haha, knew it was coming, and Infernito did add a "Done without bias." at the end :D He was obviously messing . And players that were part of the invincible don't deserve to be there ?:)

Don't be daft' date=' that's not the team i'd have at all. Adams was an absolute donkey. I was posting out of sheer irony.[/quote']

The fact that you included Koscielny there made me think you was for real...

I tried not to be bias but I honestly don't see better players than the ones I have chosen. (Bar RVN as he's my favourite player)

Went for Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal, that Tiote winner was mental and just summed up the match :D

Bergkamp vs Newcastle for the goal, pure class.

Bullard's Phil Brown imitation won it for me :P

Voted for a random save and voted for this team:

Schmeichel

Neville - Terry - Adams - Riise

Ronaldo - Gerrard - Lampard - Giggs

Henry - Shearer

Schmeichal

Carragher

Ashley Cole

Colin Hendry

John Terry

Ryan Giggs

Steven Gerrard

Paul Scholes

Cristiano Ronaldo

Thierry Henry

Alan Shearer

most of those are based around the fact that they have all been awesome players over such a long period of time and consistency, not to mention absolutely vital contributions for all there clubs.

before anyone starts Colin Hendry gave possibly the greatest seasons performances by a CB I have ever seen in the 94-95 Campaign for Blackburn, seriously he was immense!

loads of other top top players that didn't quite make it and when you think the likes of Keane, Viera, Zola, Djimi Traore etc didn't get in you know how hard it is to pick this side. At least I have not been so overly OTT bias like most of the teams suggested so far :)

Guest drseanfitz

Schmeichal

Carragher

Ashley Cole

Colin Hendry

John Terry

Ryan Giggs

Steven Gerrard

Paul Scholes

Cristiano Ronaldo

Thierry Henry

Alan Shearer

most of those are based around the fact that they have all been awesome players over such a long period of time and consistency' date=' not to mention absolutely vital contributions for all there clubs.

before anyone starts Colin Hendry gave possibly the greatest seasons performances by a CB I have ever seen in the 94-95 Campaign for Blackburn, seriously he was immense!

loads of other top top players that didn't quite make it and when you think the likes of Keane, Viera, Zola, Djimi Traore etc didn't get in you know how hard it is to pick this side. At least I have not been so overly OTT bias like most of the teams suggested so far :)

agree, he was immense. everytime a ball was played in, he somehow managed to get a body part to it. one of the finest centrebacks I've ever seen(and met)

agree' date=' he was immense. everytime a ball was played in, he somehow managed to get a body part to it. one of the finest centrebacks I've ever seen(and met)[/quote']

Couldn't agree more for 3-4years for Blackburn in the early years of the Prem, he was the best CB in the League for me. like you say a real 110% gave absolutely everything and epitomized all the qualities I love in a player heart, spirit, will to win, drive and genuine quality.

As a spin off from the 'PL 20 year awards' I thought it may be interesting to see the opposite end of the spectrum.

So here goes:

Worst Match

Worst Manager

Worst miss

Biggest keeper 'muck' up

And finally the 'worst players in each position' of the last 20 years:

GK

DEF

MID

FWD

Mine would be:

Worst Match: Utd 0-0 Everton 2005

Worst Manager: Alain Perrin (Portsmouth)

Worst Miss: Torres against United

Biggest GK 'muck up': Taibi against Southampton

Worst GK: Paul Gerrard

Worst DEF: Igor Stepanovs

Worst MID: Liam Miller

Worst FWD: Bosko Balaban

I would have thought the worst miss would be Kanu playing for WBA and missing an open goal on the line (nearly) against some club which I can't remember.

Boro I think.

The difference between the misses imo was that Torres had an element of control over the ball at the time of the shot whilst Kanu acted merely instinctively at a ball being fired toward him.

Boro I think.

The difference between the misses imo was that Torres had an element of control over the ball at the time of the shot whilst Kanu acted merely instinctively at a ball being fired toward him.

Fair enough, but to shoot over when you're on the goal line takes something special:p

Worst Match Any of City's goalless home games in the second half of the 06/07 season.

Worst Manager Given his reputation and club's stature, Juande Ramos.

Worst miss That Gigg's lob over the bar of an empty goal amuses me.

Biggest keeper 'muck' up Enckleman's poor control from a throw in resulting in a rather embarrassing own goal.

GK Manuel Almunia considering he was Arsenal's #1 for some time.

DEF Winston Bogarde

MID Eric Djemba Djemba

FWD Matias Vuoso

Worst Match Any of City's goalless home games in the second half of the 06/07 season.

Worst Manager Given his reputation and club's stature' date=' Juande Ramos.

[b']Worst miss[/b] That Gigg's lob over the bar of an empty goal amuses me.

Biggest keeper 'muck' up Enckleman's poor control from a throw in resulting in a rather embarrassing own goal.

GK Manuel Almunia considering he was Arsenal's #1 for some time.

DEF Winston Bogarde

MID Eric Djemba Djemba

FWD Matias Vuoso

Forgot Enkelmans:o

However Gigg's miss was in the FA cup chap;)

Mine are (Going off what I've seen)

Worst Match - Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Liverpool 2008/2009 (Really killed our title hopes and worst performance from Liverpool i'd seen in time)

Worst Manager - Scolari, Ramos a close second

Worst miss - Torres vs United, or Maxi's Miss Vs Chelski

Biggest keeper 'muck' up - Gomes Vs Fulham (Can't believe how slow and easy that ball was going and he still dropped it)

GK - Massimo Tiabi

DEF - Boumsong

MID - Djemba-Djemba

FWD - Ali Dia :eek:

Guest Scout Maker

Worst Match - In terms of heartbreaking, Charlton on the last day of the 2004/2005 season, they scored in the 83rd minute to send us down.

Worst Manager - Juande Ramos

Worst miss - Nicola Ventola vs Arsenal

Biggest keeper 'muck' up - Gomes/Barthez made a few, one that I saw live was Julian Speroni v Everton.

GK - Julian Speroni - His time in the Premier League was appaling, but he's made up for it, our player of the year from 2007-2010 and one of the best keepers in the Championship.

DEF - Jean-Alain Boumsong

MID - Eric Djemba-Djemba

FWD - Mauro Boselli