Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

worst match: man utd 0-0 man city - all hyped up and nothing

worst miss ever: Torres vs United by far

Best game ever: man utd 4-3 City

Worst manager: Rafa Benitez

Underrated player in Epl history: Clint Dempsey

Best goal: hard 1 but i think Rooney vs City

You have confirmed your status as a joke by calling Benitez the worst managers in EPL history.

Also, was the Torres miss really the worst or is it the one we can still remember? I've seen some pretty bad ones.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

You have confirmed your status as a joke by calling Benitez the worst managers in EPL history.

Also' date=' was the Torres miss really the worst or is it the one we can still remember? I've seen some pretty bad ones.[/quote']

Nothing can be worse than this IMO :P

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showpost.php?p=2003807&postcount=3489

Best Match - Arsenal 4-4 Tottenham. I remember watching that game and being amazed. Fantastic game with lots of great goals. When Tottenham got their equaliser it was electric. You just have to look at the Spurs fans that were still there...

Worst Match - Fulham vs Hull? I don't know :P

Worst Manager - Juande Ramos

Worst miss - Kanu/Ronaldo

Biggest keeper 'muck' up - Roy Carroll post United (never saw him for them). Can I have that?

Torres miss was worst miss in history of the Epl' date=' If you watch the Ronaldo one, the ball was bobbling towards Ronaldo

I say Benitez is the worst manager in Epl because what did he do in England? only complain about Ferguson[/quote']

He won the CL and the FA cup as well as finishing 2nd in the league.

I dont think CL got anything to with England premiership or domestic cups

2nd in the league' date=' that's what they wanted[/quote']

Coming second with limited resources and strong competition, make him the worst manager in the history of the EPL. Interesting. Winning the Champions League does count, as he did it with a PL team.

Torres miss was worst miss in history of the Epl' date=' If you watch the Ronaldo one, the ball was bobbling towards Ronaldo

I say Benitez is the worst manager in Epl because what did he do in England? only complain about Ferguson[/quote']

Ronaldo should of scored that and there is no excuses for him missing it.

Guest Scout Maker

[/quote']

Your bias is unreal, bobbling towards him, yeah whatever, if that was Messi you'd be going mad.

You say people think people are blinded by Messi, when really it is clearly you that is blinded by Ronaldo...

It is a bad miss but u fail to see this

did giggs pass go along the ground to ronaldo? no

did giggs pass go across the air to ronaldo? no

the ball the bobbling towards him, Ronaldo put his foot at a 45degree angle, it happens

with Torres miss, he took it around De Gea, he could of stopped the ball and had a shot or just roll the ball in

Guest Scout Maker

It is a bad miss but u fail to see this

did giggs pass go along the ground to ronaldo? no

did giggs pass go across the air to ronaldo? no

the ball the bobbling towards him' date=' Ronaldo put his foot at a 45degree angle, it happens

with Torres miss, he took it around De Gea, he could of stopped the ball and had a shot or just roll the ball in[/quote']

Fact of the matter is he's two yards out, doesn't matter if it's going at him at 100mph, anyone who is earning their living as a footballer should be able to put that in the net with ease.

I agree, the Torres miss was bad, however, it was on his weaker foot and the ball was rolling away from the goal. I'm not saying he shouldn't have scored, like I said with the Ronaldo miss, any footballer should score that especially those getting paid as much as those two, however I don't think it's the worst miss in PL history, possibly not even the worst miss this season.

Fact of the matter is he's two yards out' date=' doesn't matter if it's going at him at 100mph, anyone who is earning their living as a footballer should be able to put that in the net with ease.

I agree, the Torres miss was bad, however, it was on his weaker foot and the ball was rolling away from the goal. I'm not saying he shouldn't have scored, like I said with the Ronaldo miss, any footballer should score that especially those getting paid as much as those two, however I don't think it's the worst miss in PL history, possibly not even the worst miss this season.[/quote']

No one would be able to control 100 mph pass like that, If you view the clip of how the ball travelled, you see a bobble and maybe Ronaldo misjudged it

with the Torres thing, yes it was on his weaker foot but the ball WASN'T rolling away from him, he could easily stopped the ball and hit it in with his right, De gea was out of the 6 yard box when Torres had a shot

Torres is the worst in epl history

No one would be able to control 100 mph pass like that' date=' If you view the clip of how the ball travelled, you see a bobble and maybe Ronaldo misjudged it

with the Torres thing, yes it was on his weaker foot but the ball WASN'T rolling away from him, he could easily stopped the ball and hit it in with his right, De gea was out of the 6 yard box when Torres had a shot

Torres is the worst in epl history[/quote']

Ronaldo had time to get the ball under control and score but from 2 yards out on his stronger foot and with all the time in the world how did he miss it.

Guest Scout Maker

No one would be able to control 100 mph pass like that' date=' If you view the clip of how the ball travelled, you see a bobble and maybe Ronaldo misjudged it

Torres is the worst in epl history[/quote']

He doesn't have to control it, he's two yards out and it's not as if the ball is blasted towards him.

The ball was rolling away from him, he had knocked it past De Gea, he should have controlled it though I admit, but still not the worst miss in BPL history BY FAR.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that Torres' miss is worse than this for example:

kiVq5-u7MH0

He doesn't have to control it' date=' he's two yards out and it's not as if the ball is blasted towards him.

The ball was rolling away from him, he had knocked it past De Gea, he should have controlled it though I admit, but still not the worst miss in BPL history BY FAR.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that Torres' miss is worse than this for example:

[YOUTUBE']kiVq5-u7MH0[/YOUTUBE]

Ronaldo can of controlling giggs pass but the keeper might of got back

with Torres, he knock the ball away from De Gea but he caught up to it, he could of ran it in, when torres took his first touch De Gea was out of his 6 yard box

I still think Torres miss is worser then that miss because Torres had a 50 mil price tag on him and high wages

Guest Scout Maker

with Torres' date=' he knock the ball away from De Gea but he caught up to it, he could of ran it in, when torres took his first touch De Gea was out of his 6 yard box

I still think Torres miss is worser then that miss because Torres had a 50 mil price tag on him and high wages[/quote']

Paddy Kenny is pretty much the same distance away from Ronaldo that De Gea was from Torres. Yes, that makes it a bad miss, but a quick search into Youtube/Google of something along the lines of "Worst Premier League misses ever" will show you there are far worse.

Still, any footballer should put those chances away, whether you're earning £100 or £100,000 you have to score those.

with Torres' date=' he knock the ball away from De Gea but he caught up to it, he could of ran it in, when torres took his first touch De Gea was out of his 6 yard box

[b']I still think Torres miss is worser then that miss because Torres had a 50 mil price tag on him and high wages[/b]

What an utterly pathetic reason...

You've said some rubbish even on this topic but that just about tops the lot off.

Paddy Kenny is pretty much the same distance away from Ronaldo that De Gea was from Torres. Yes' date=' that makes it a bad miss, but a quick search into Youtube/Google of something along the lines of "Worst Premier League misses ever" will show you there are far worse.

Still, any footballer should put those chances away, whether you're earning £100 or £100,000 you have to score those.[/quote']

no no no that is wrong, the might of been kinda the same distance but....

Kenny was basically couple of inches from the post whereas Torres went past De Gea had 6 yards of space to do anything like run it in

Scout maker - Whoever u support, If you had someone you brought for 50 mil done that to your team, that is much much worse then a guy costing 5 mil

Guest Scout Maker

no no no that is wrong' date=' the might of been kinda the same distance but....

Kenny was basically couple of inches from the post whereas Torres went past De Gea had 6 yards of space to do anything like run it in

Scout maker - Whoever u support, If you had someone you brought for 50 mil done that to your team, that is much much worse then a guy costing 5 mil[/quote']

They both had time to take a touch, plus Ronaldo is central to the goal, even if Kenny had moved slightly back into position Ronaldo is two yards out and has to score, whatever the circumstances.

No it wouldn't matter, when it comes to purchasing a player do you really think a club looks at whether that player can score open goals or not? Every player who earns a living from playing football is expected to finish those kind of chances, end of.

They both had time to take a touch' date=' plus Ronaldo is central to the goal, even if Kenny had moved slightly back into position Ronaldo is two yards out and has to score, whatever the circumstances.

No it wouldn't matter, when it comes to purchasing a player do you really think a club looks at whether that player can score open goals or not? Every player who earns a living from playing football is expected to finish those kind of chances, end of.[/quote']

Sorry, if man utd brought a 50 million player and did what Torres did, it would go down as the worse miss of the history of the EPL

Money wise Torres is the worse miss ever

The difference between Ronaldo and Torres miss is

Ronaldo was 2 yards out, ball was bobbling towards him, kenny was inches from post, if he took a touch, kenny could get back into position

Torres had more space, he knocked the ball past De Gea and caught up to it, he could easy have a touch, he could easily run it in, When Torres 1st touch of the ball de gea was still out of his 6 yard box

They both had time to take a touch' date=' plus Ronaldo is central to the goal, even if Kenny had moved slightly back into position Ronaldo is two yards out and has to score, whatever the circumstances.

No it wouldn't matter, when it comes to purchasing a player do you really think a club looks at whether that player can score open goals or not? Every player who earns a living from playing football is expected to finish those kind of chances, end of.[/quote']

Notice how he's a Man utd fan, so he has a biased opinion :rolleyes:

As a completely unbias viewpoint from a Villa fan :P Ronaldo's is worse than Torres'.

Ronaldo was 2 yards out. Bobble or not' date=' to get the ball over an 8 foot goal from that distance is ridiculous lol[/quote']

when you put your foot at the angle that Ronaldo did, it can fly anywhere

My team of the Premiership history(4-4-2)

Gk - Schmeichel

Rb - Gary Neville

Cb - Adams + Ferdinard

Lb - Cole

Rm - Ronaldo

Cm - Scholes + Keane

Lm - Giggs

Fwd - Henry + Shearer

Hard choices