Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Guest Scout Maker

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

That's no excuse. For someone of that quality' date=' missing from that close is unforgivable lol.[/quote']

Exactly, if you changed the two scenarios and it was Torres who missed from two yards, I guarantee you he would say that it was worse.

Exactly' date=' if you changed the two scenarios and it was Torres who missed from two yards, I guarantee you he would say that it was worse.[/quote']

Precisely. Ronaldo is apparently untouchable but that miss was diabolical. I'm not afraid to say that the worst GK error was Enckelman against the worst team possible for it to happen against - Birmingham.

Sometimes you just have to be slightly subjective about things

Also Toty apparenty

hart

walker

kompany

coloccini

baines

parker

yaya toure

silva

bale

rooney

rvp

Very questionable, they've been quite average. Although Silva's disappeared recently, there is no one in his position who deserves to be there instead of him.

The PFA are generally bad and have got a couple of decisions wrong, don't know how Micah Richards isn't in there and Scott Parker has gone from an under rated player to an over rated player, he's had a good season but he hasn't been anywhere near consistantly good enough to be in the team of the year ahead of Cabaye/Tiote.

err probably because over the course of a WHOLE (well nearly whole) season Scott Parker has had a very decent season. not been at his best lately but you have to look at consistency performance over the course of a season to give a fair judgement. Most individuals go through a patch where they hit form, the truly top ones are the ones that sustain that "form" for a longer period than most, you can't be at your best every week.

Wouldn't have made my team, but I certainly wouldn't say it was completely unwarranted either.

At the end of the day the team has been voted for by fellow professionals and they are probably better placed to judge than you or I. Football is a game of opinions.

err probably because over the course of a WHOLE (well nearly whole) season Scott Parker has had a very decent season. not been at his best lately but you have to look at consistency performance over the course of a season to give a fair judgement. Most individuals go through a patch where they hit form' date=' the truly top ones are the ones that sustain that "form" for a longer period than most, you can't be at your best every week.

Wouldn't have made my team, but I certainly wouldn't say it was completely unwarranted either.

At the end of the day the team has been voted for by fellow professionals and they are probably better placed to judge than you or I. Football is a game of opinions.[/quote']

Well Scott Parker hasn't been consistant, he's had good spells and he's had his bad spells. I just don't see how they've put him ahead of the likes of Yohann Cabaye, who's been fantastic for Newcastle. Not a bad player, not a great player.

Well yes, football is a game of opinion but i disagree with the general opinion by the professionals.