Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2011/2012 Discussion

Well Scott Parker hasn't been consistant' date=' he's had good spells and he's had his bad spells. I just don't see how they've put him ahead of the likes of Yohann Cabaye, who's been fantastic for Newcastle. Not a bad player, not a great player.

Well yes, football is a game of opinion but i disagree with the general opinion by the professionals.[/quote']

I don't disagree, all I was saying was I can understand people making a case for Scott Parker for 2/3 of the season I think he was very decent.

As I say wouldn't have made my team, but I can understand him being in the running.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Who would you have ahead of Silva? Before Christmas he was the best player in the league by some distance.

Different type of player i know but Arteta possibly? Consistently excellent throughout the whole season which is what the thing should be based on. Mata maybe, settled in very well.

I heard that this is the worst starting line up of the season :

Goalkeeper : Paddy Kenny (QPR)

Right Back : Tony Hibbert (Everton)

Centre Back: Emerson Boyce (Wigan);Titus Bramble (Sunderland)

Left Back : Paul Robinson (Bolton)

Defensive Midfielder : Dickson Etuhu (Fulham)

Centre Midfield : Jay Spearing (L'Pool);Karl Henry (Wolves)

Right Wing : Wayne Routledge (Swansea)

Left Wing : Gabriel Obertan (Newcastle)

Striker : Emile Heskey (A'Villa)

Tony Hibbert? He hasn't been that bad this year.

Where's this from?

How is Routledge in there, he's played really well when he has played for us. He'd get in to the starting line up for most of the bottom half of the table, it's just a shame for him he's got two strong wingers for competition in Sinclair and Dyer but i think Routledge has been fantastic this season.

Some very harsh ones in there, Hibbert's done alright, Spearing hasn't played badly and has been an improvement on Henderson and Adam in my opinion and Karl Henry is one of Wolves better players.

Guest Scout Maker

Goalkeeper : Paddy Kenny :confused: (QPR)

Right Back : Tony Hibbert :confused: (Everton)

Centre Back: Emerson Boyce :confused: (Wigan);Titus Bramble :confused: (Sunderland)

Defensive Midfielder : Dickson Etuhu :confused: (Fulham)

Centre Midfield : Jay Spearing :confused: (L'Pool);Karl Henry :confused: (Wolves)

Right Wing : Wayne Routledge :confused: (Swansea)

Left Wing : Gabriel Obertan :confused: (Newcastle)

Why is Silva' date='Toure,and Bale in there?[/quote']

Silva was immense at the start of the season, dipped a bit but has been coming back into it a bit lately. Toure's been a rock for City too.

I agree about Bale though, he should have his place taken by someone like Ben Arfa, Dempsey, even Valencia. Bale's still riding the hype off those Inter games last season IMO. He hasn't done anything to warrant the class that people say he's got. And he definitely doesn't deserve to be in TOTY, that's just laughable.

And Kyle Walker as Young Player of the Year :eek: I don't think Aguero should be in that category as I think it should be U21 players but the fact that Aguero is in that category and Walker STILL got it made me laugh so much when I heard about it.

Unbelievable

Sensational swap deal between Chelsea and Barcelona

We all missed this one - John Obi Mikel and Xavi were traded before last Wednesday's Champions League clash, and noone noticed!

Xavi proceeded to produce an inspired passing display, accounting for almost three quarters of Chelsea's passes.

Mikel on the other hand put in a somewhat indifferent performance, making around 5% of Barcelona's completed passes.

Either that or BBC Sport made a mistake but that's a ridiculous idea.

mikel-xavi.png

Silva was immense at the start of the season' date=' dipped a bit but has been coming back into it a bit lately. Toure's been a rock for City too.

I agree about Bale though, he should have his place taken by someone like Ben Arfa, Dempsey, even Valencia. Bale's still riding the hype off those Inter games last season IMO. He hasn't done anything to warrant the class that people say he's got. And he definitely doesn't deserve to be in TOTY, that's just laughable.

And Kyle Walker as Young Player of the Year :eek: I don't think Aguero should be in that category as I think it should be U21 players but the fact that Aguero is in that category and Walker STILL got it made me laugh so much when I heard about it.

Unbelievable[/quote']

As stated Silva was increadible early on. Unfortunately, he's seemed a little fatigued recently but excluding the last month or so he was arguably the league's best player.

Personally, I wouldn't have picked Yaya but I can see why he was chosen.

Bale was good for half a season but since January his form has dipped considerably. I'm glad Ben Arfa wasn't picked, he's hardly been a regular for Newcastle this season and whilst he has scored a few speical goals, he still isn't consistant enough.

As stated Silva was increadible early on. Unfortunately' date=' he's seemed a little fatigued recently but excluding the last month or so he was arguably the league's best player.

Personally, I wouldn't have picked Yaya but I can see why he was chosen.

Bale was good for half a season but since January his form has dipped considerably. I'm glad Ben Arfa wasn't picked, he's hardly been a regular for Newcastle this season and whilst he has scored a few speical goals, he still isn't consistant enough.[/quote']

I don't think Ben Arfa would've been the right choice either, but he's been better than Bale IMO.