Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

There's a 'trend' going around on twitter called 'Goals You Went Most Mental At'. Weird title' date=' I know, but what's the goal that you lads and lasses went most mental at on here? It doesn't have to be a goal that was scored by a PL team (or a goal scored in the PL), I just picked this thread as it's probably the most active 'non-club' thread on the forum.

It's nearly half five on a Wednesday, I'm bored, and I thought it would be a fun little game... :P[/quote']

De Melo against Copenhague tonight, without doubt. Although it was more his ~10 failed attempts before the goal than the goal itself that made me go mental.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

By the end of tomorrow QPR could have Carvalho' date=' Kjaer, M'Bia and Granero![/quote']

That is a team that you would make if you didn't sign young players on Football Manager or something. Kjaer has potential but had a dire year last season at Roma. Carvalho is past it, M'Bia is very good and I'm suprised Marseille are selling him and Granero is quite good tbf. I am looking forward to seeing how they actually do! :P

That is a team that you would make if you didn't sign young players on Football Manager or something. Kjaer has potential but had a dire year last season at Roma. Carvalho is past it' date=' M'Bia is very good and I'm suprised Marseille are selling him and Granero is quite good tbf. I am looking forward to seeing how they actually do! :P[/quote']

Granero isn't anything special, IMO Park is better.

This would be interesting, Norwich have bid for Craig Mackail Smith.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8033870/Canaries-bid-for-Mackail-Smith

Don't think it would be a bad signing, although I doubt he'll offer them much more then they already have with Simeone Jackson, Grant Holt and Steve Morison if they do manage to sign him.

Granero isn't anything special' date=' IMO Park is better.[/quote']

Agreed, Park is a work horse! But I would be guessing with his versatility Granero could play across the midfield anyway. Most likely on the left with Park on the right. If anything, they need a natural goal scorer cause I can see them struggling in that department after focussing so much on defensive frailties.

Guest Scout Maker

This would be interesting' date=' Norwich have bid for Craig Mackail Smith.

[url']http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8033870/Canaries-bid-for-Mackail-Smith[/url]

Don't think it would be a bad signing, although I doubt he'll offer them much more then they already have with Simeone Jackson, Grant Holt and Steve Morison if they do manage to sign him.

Christ please let this go through, had to put up with enough Brighton fans on the Palace forum due to our dreadful start.

Premier League spending breaks £4bn barrier over last decade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19416223

Millions spent since Jan 2003

1. Chelsea 673

2. Man City 572

3. Liverpool 414

4. Man United 352

5. Tottenham 350

6. Arsenal 214

7. Aston Villa 201

8. Sunderland 187

9. Newcastle 174

10. Everton 129

11. West Ham 123

12. Wigan 110

13. Fulham 107

14. Portsmouth 100

15. Birmingham 92

16. Blackburn 87

17. Stoke 84

18. Bolton 76

19. Middsbrough' 71

20. West Brom 64

The Arsenal spending figure stands out for me.

They are closer to Aston villa than even Tottenham in spending terms.

Which show how phenomenal Wenger has kept them competitive against all the big spenders.

Premier League spending breaks £4bn barrier over last decade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19416223

Millions spent since Jan 2003

1. Chelsea 673

2. Man City 572

3. Liverpool 414

4. Man United 352

5. Tottenham 350

6. Arsenal 214

7. Aston Villa 201

8. Sunderland 187

9. Newcastle 174

10. Everton 129

11. West Ham 123

12. Wigan 110

13. Fulham 107

14. Portsmouth 100

15. Birmingham 92

16. Blackburn 87

17. Stoke 84

18. Bolton 76

19. Middsbrough' 71

20. West Brom 64

The Arsenal spending figure stands out for me.

They are closer to Aston villa than even Tottenham in spending terms.

Which show how phenomenal Wenger has kept them competitive against all the big spenders.

Everton is interesting one.

QPR have signed Granero. Confirmed on their twitter. Permanent transfer.

Those spending figures are pointless Btw' date=' its only really worth looking at the net spend.[/quote']

Good signing, very versatile. Question is will he succeed in England? Can't see it personally.

Why is this?

I remember reading somewhere that Everton not really buying player for quiet sometime, the website even make a digital clock countdown for that purpose of showing how many days have past since Everton buying player. But still the amount is 129M.

Not sure which website tho.

And the site also have digital clock countdown for Liverpool supporters- how many years we have not won EPL.

That's why I remembered. :P

I remember reading somewhere that Everton not really buying player for quiet sometime' date=' the website even make a digital clock countdown for that purpose of showing how many days have past since Everton buying player. But still the amount is 129M.

And the site also have digital clock countdown for Liverpool supporters- how many years we have not won EPL.

That's why I remembered. :P[/quote']

We only really spend when we sell players and it that time we have sold Rooney and Lescott for quite large fees.

I remember reading somewhere that Everton not really buying player for quiet sometime' date=' the website even make a digital clock countdown for that purpose of showing how many days have past since Everton buying player. But still the amount is 129M.

That's why I remembered. :P[/quote']

Yes, but they'll have recieved a lot more than £129 million from player sales so as has been said the amount spent is a pointless figure.

We'll spend well over £15 million this summer (much more then the combined figure soent 1912-2011), but we'll still make something like a £5-10 million profit.