Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Classic brinkmanship' date=' we will still sign him. Lloris' dad says he will join us.[/quote']

Yeah, that was earlier, he did agree with you once allowed to negotiate. Then you lowered the bid. And now there is no deal. Lloris will not go to strike for this. More likely, he might start to doubt whether you actually want him or not. Right now, no deal. When does the transfer window close again?

Apparently we're in for Leroy Lita' date=' you heard anything SJ?

Wouldn't mind him here, has attitude problems but a good Championship striker.[/quote']

Well we're looking to get rid of him, so i'd be suprised if he didn't go tommorow.

He's a good Championship striker, but he's not in our plans so he we need to get him off the wage bill so I hope he goes.

I haven't heard that rumour though, are you supposedly in for him on loan or permanantly?

Can someone give me a good reason why clubs wait this long to do deals? Surely you're better off doing everything nice and early from a football and financial point of view. If you're buying you don't want to end up being held to ransom on the last day with needing big signings in the bag (Spurs) and if you're selling you want time to buy a replacement (Fulham and Dempsey?).

Or am I wrong and both teams are trying to use the deadline to scare each other and/or convince their players to stay?

Can someone give me a good reason why clubs wait this long to do deals? Surely you're better off doing everything nice and early from a football and financial point of view. If you're buying you don't want to end up being held to ransom on the last day with needing big signings in the bag (Spurs) and if you're selling you want time to buy a replacement (Fulham and Dempsey?).

Or am I wrong and both teams are trying to use the deadline to scare each other and/or convince their players to stay?

Good-Simple Answer: Because it's fun for the football fans! :P

Clubs need cash or they have already bought replacement's. Make no mistake about it, near on every player has a price. Nearer to the deadline you get, the lower that price becomes because you start to panic.

This happens in all ways of life. People use any tactic possible to try and gain an advantage. Levy constantly does this with us. He always gets what he wants financially.

If you look at Spurs forums currently, 75% of people are going mental. Levy out, Levy is a douche, AVB needs to be backed, all these type of posts. But realistically I am calm, I know what Levy is like. He will get what he wants.

I hope to God you do! Who else do you think you will sign then' date=' cause surely there's another midfielder coming in with Van Der Vaart going out most probabaly?[/quote']

Apologies I missed this.

Moutinho in if VDV leaves.

Lloris in. Attacking midfielder in, Striker in.

Lloris - definite

Attacking midfielder - likely

Striker - 50/50

(Part opinion, part knowledge of what's going on)

Hearing story after story of Lloris deal broken down.

All down to the little story they put on their website.

Look in the right places and you will see that Lloris has been on radio in France saying he has agreed personal terms and wants to come and that the two clubs are meeting again in the morning. I have ZERO doubt he will be ours.

Hearing story after story of Lloris deal broken down.

Levy wanted to get a better deal than agreed.

Lyon got sad about this.

Lloris is more than happy to come to White Hart Lane.

Lyon are happy to sell FOR THE INITIAL AGREED FEE

Levy is still wanting to be a bit cheeky and get a few million off the deal.

IMO he's trying this with the wrong Chairman as Lyon's is no pushover.

This could result in the cancellation of the deal at which point blame is 100% on Levy's shoulders as they could have had the deal wrapped up by now were it not for him trying to shave a few million off.

Levy wanted to get a better deal than agreed.

Lyon got sad about this.

Lloris is more than happy to come to White Hart Lane.

Lyon are happy to sell FOR THE INITIAL AGREED FEE

Levy is still wanting to be a bit cheeky and get a few million off the deal.

IMO he's trying this with the wrong Chairman as Lyon's is no pushover.

This could result in the cancellation of the deal at which point blame is 100% on Levy's shoulders as they could have had the deal wrapped up by now were it not for him trying to shave a few million off.

Lyon don't want to spend the money so are playing this game. I have known about this being a deadline day job for over a month now.

All down to the little story they put on their website.

Look in the right places and you will see that Lloris has been on radio in France saying he has agreed personal terms and wants to come and that the two clubs are meeting again in the morning. I have ZERO doubt he will be ours.

I'd agree that it's more likely Lloris will end up at Spurs but I would not say there is ZERO doubt.

Lyon are genuinely upset about the way Levy has been today.

Lloris is more than happy to sign for you and Lyon did want to sell to you guys.

So you have to hope Levy hasn't burnt a bridge in trying to save some cash.

I'd agree that it's more likely Lloris will end up at Spurs but I would not say there is ZERO doubt.

Lyon are genuinely upset about the way Levy has been today.

Lloris is more than happy to sign for you and Lyon did want to sell to you guys.

So you have to hope Levy hasn't burnt a bridge in trying to save some cash.

The part I have just bolded has given you your answer. Lyon need to sell, We want to buy.

All respectable french journalist's on twitter believe this will still happen. I am willing to put my forum balls on the line and say he will be ours.

Lyon don't want to spend the money so are playing this game. I have known about this being a deadline day job for over a month now.

The Lyon chairman wants the best deal for his club.

It's easy to say now that you have known it will be a deadline day job as it can only be that now if it happens and let's face it Spurs are renowned now for their last minute buys... someone needs to tell them the football season starts before the transfer window closes... :P

The part I have just bolded has given you your answer. Lyon need to sell' date=' We want to buy.

All respectable french journalist's on twitter believe this will still happen. I am willing to put my forum balls on the line and say he will be ours.[/quote']

Lyon don't need to sell.

They are in some financial difficulty but not to the point where Levy can decide on the fee.

Lyon will sell Lloris for the fee they want.

I think it will happen but it's not 100% it never is in football.

If Levy is trying to move the goalposts at the last minute I doubt he'll have much luck. Very poor conduct on his part' date=' shameful. I still expect the deal to go through, but on the original terms and probably at the last minute.[/quote']

He tried to do it and failed.

This has put Lyon in the driving seat now because Spurs know they have to match what Lyon wanted for him and there is no more room to wiggle.

Also

Michael Owen to Stoke anyone?