Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

He tried to do it and failed.

This has put Lyon in the driving seat now because Spurs know they have to match what Lyon wanted for him and there is no more room to wiggle.

Also

Michael Owen to Stoke anyone?

I can see Lloris ending up at Spurs and I hope he does as well, as he is one of the best keepers in the World.

Michael Owen to Stoke? I hope not. But then again, Crouch and him up front, I suppose he is a natural goal scorer, always at the right place at the right time. I can see it happening anyway, I just hope it's as 'pay-as-you-play' deal! :P

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Michael Owen to Stoke? I hope not. But then again' date=' Crouch and him up front, I suppose he is a natural goal scorer, always at the right place at the right time. I can see it happening anyway, I just hope it's as 'pay-as-you-play' deal! :P[/quote']

Like you say if its a pay-as-you-play deal then its good, but i think even if it isnt hes still a good signing if he keeps fit.

Woodgate could hardly get fit when he was at Spurs but when he come to Stoke he seemed like he got much fitter and didnt really get injured much, I just hope Owen dosent end up being like Sidibe for us, always injured, thats if he does join us anyway.

Like you say if its a pay-as-you-play deal then its good' date=' but i think even if it isnt hes still a good signing if he keeps fit.

Woodgate could hardly get fit when he was at Spurs but when he come to Stoke he seemed like he got much fitter and didnt really get injured much, I just hope Owen dosent end up being like Sidibe for us, always injured, thats if he does join us anyway.[/quote']

Well the good thing about us is we are very good at reviving players careers, for example when you see the likes of Ricardo Fuller, Matthew Etherington and like you say, Jonathan Woodgate, they were all injured quite often before they joined us. I like Owen, he can finish and it's just what we need atm. Can see us finalising that deal for Huddlestone tbh and also sign Adam and Edu, which would leave us with loads of centre midfielders. Maybe we would move some on plus as David Kemp said, we could land three or four more. Would prefer a left back and right back though tbh, but these signings would be great! :P

Lyon do not need to sell. Ben's right' date=' nothing is 100% in football. You were pretty sure that Afellay was coming about 24 hours ago? Now he's in Germany. Things change so quick in football.

We'll see. That's all we can do[/quote']

Sorry but what? I have never said I was pretty sure that Afellay would come. Stop making up stories.

Levy wanted to get a better deal than agreed.

Lyon got sad about this.

Lloris is more than happy to come to White Hart Lane.

Lyon are happy to sell FOR THE INITIAL AGREED FEE

Levy is still wanting to be a bit cheeky and get a few million off the deal.

IMO he's trying this with the wrong Chairman as Lyon's is no pushover.

This could result in the cancellation of the deal at which point blame is 100% on Levy's shoulders as they could have had the deal wrapped up by now were it not for him trying to shave a few million off.

Read that he already tried this with Real on Modric deal, asking €2M more on last minute, and ended up getting a bit less than what was originally agreed as Real withdrew from the deal and they had to beg them to come back to negotiations.

Lyon do not need to sell.

This is important. Lloris has never requested transfer' date=' and OL has always said that Lloris [i']can go, if[/i] price is right and the club that makes the bid pleases Lloris, but this is the one player they do not want to sell. There is no pressure on Lyon's side to finish this deal, they are very happy to see Lloris stay.

Rafael van der Vaart is off to Hamburg.

Swansea are poised to sign Feyenoord winger Jerson Cabral.

Sir Alex Ferguson has said he wouldn't be surprised if Berbatov went to Spurs!

Aston Villa have signed Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield.

Fulham have accepted an offer from Villa for Dempsey.

Where are you hearing this? Sky Sports haven't confirmed anything yet.

Rafael van der Vaart is off to Hamburg.

Sir Alex Ferguson has said he wouldn't be surprised if Berbatov went to Spurs!

Aston Villa have signed Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield.

Where are you hearing this? Sky Sports haven't confirmed anything yet.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho

Fulham accept an Aston Villa bid for Clint Dempsey. Don't expect #SAFC to be drawn into a bidding war - won't happen.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC

#AVFC had a bid accepted for Clint Dempsey late last night. http://bbc.in/RsGW5K

There,it's been widely reported now that Villa had an offer accepted for him.

Aston Villa and Dempsey' date=' what a stupid deal! Fulham better be getting a good fee, don't know why Dempsey wants to go to a 15-18th placed club over a 5th-7th placed club.[/quote']

Sunderland are not a 5-7th placed club and Aston Villa are not a 15-18th placed club.

They are both similar sizes clubs and it's not like Dempsey has decided to go to Villa or hasn't decided to go to Sunderland, Aston Villa have just offered the most money for him.

Hope this comes off, looks like a bargain and we could do with a fourth choice winger for the season.

We've also ruled out signing Marvin Emnes, thank god.

Aston Villa and Dempsey' date=' what a stupid deal! Fulham better be getting a good fee, don't know why Dempsey wants to go to a 15-18th placed club over a 7th-9th placed club.[/quote']Liverpool wanted him, but they wanted Henderson in return. I wouldn't be surprised if we came back in for him really late tonight with a big offer and got him.

UPDATES

Fulham accept bid from Aston Villa for Dempsey.

Van Der Vaart to join Hamburg.

Everton agree fee with Copenhagen for Brian Oviedo.

Gaston Ramirez set to complete move to Southampton.

Pablo Hernandez agrees to join Swansea from Valencia.

Liverpool to make loan move for Daniel Sturridge from Chelsea.

Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted Tottenham have made a light enquiry for Dimitar Berbatov.

Nigel De Jong is in Milan to finalise a deal from Man City.

Portsmouth defender Sam Magri has joined QPR.

Charlie Adam is at Stoke to complete move from Liverpool.

Sorry if some repeated - just keeping everything together - will update when I can

Gaston Ramirez and Maya Yoshida look like our end of window business , Maya has been completed and Ramirez is pretty much set just waiting for final conformation on his work permit then it will all be announced. So yeah pretty pleased with that.

Dempsey to Villa is a stupid move in my opinion , if he's to leave it should be a step up not sideways , both are sides cpable f similar finishes so why leave a club your already setled at to compete at the same level?

Berba to Fulham would be great to see tho deserves another chance in the prem and i feel he can flourish under Jol even get 15-20 goals a season in my opinion.

UPDATES

Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted Tottenham have made a light enquiry for Dimitar Berbatov.

Sorry if some repeated - just keeping everything together - will update when I can

Team GB's Danny Rose set to join Sunderland on season long loan from Tottenham

UPDATES

Roque Santa Cruz to join Malaga from Man City.

That would be an awful signing' date=' Danny Rose is useless.

We've sold Andrea Orlandi to Brighton, whilst Scott Sinclair is supposedly currently having a medical at Man. City's training ground.[/quote']

I don't see how that move would benefit Rose or Sunderland to be honest.

Scott Sinclair out - Pablo Hernandez in - big fan of Laudrup!

Nicklas Bendtner is set to complete his move to Juventus.

Federico Bessone to join Swindon on loan from Swansea.

Man City are working hard to being in Javi Garcia from Benfica.

Jay Spearing has joined Bolton on a season long loan from Liverpool.

He's going permanantly.

I don't see how that move would benefit Rose or Sunderland to be honest.

Scott Sinclair out - Pablo Hernandez in - big fan of Laudrup!

Well they need to replace Kieron Richardson, who looks to be going to Fulham but Danny Rose isn't good enough for the Premier League.

Sinclair out, Hernandez in would be class. Just hope everything goes well today and that is the case. Nothing official at the moment but still over 12 hours to go.

EDIT: Rose to Sunderland is official, shame he can't play against us tommorow.

Gaston Ramirez and Maya Yoshida look like our end of window business ' date=' Maya has been completed and Ramirez is pretty much set just waiting for final conformation on his work permit then it will all be announced. So yeah pretty pleased with that.

Dempsey to Villa is a stupid move in my opinion , if he's to leave it should be a step up not sideways , both are sides cpable f similar finishes so why leave a club your already setled at to compete at the same level?

Berba to Fulham would be great to see tho deserves another chance in the prem and i feel he can flourish under Jol even get 15-20 goals a season in my opinion.[/quote']

Gaston Ramirez will be that player that will push Guly out the team. Play 4-2-2-2

Ramirez ----------- Lallana

Rodriguez -- Lambert

Few rumours about Benayoun. QPR/Southampton/Stoke all interested.