Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

What's gone with Hodgson it just look's like Benitez Liverpool with a few different players.

so far hodgson's liverpool is worse than the lowest depths of rafa benitez's liverpool - even in rafa's worse days we would have made a serious attempt to win at the likes of brum and it we did put in a few good performances last season, this we havent seen one convincing performance

Well well well. What a strange start we have had. Blackpool 4th. Birmingham 5th. City 8th. Tottenham 11th. Liverpool 13th. Everton 19th and West Ham still without a point. Blackpool beating Wigan 4-0, Newcastle beating Villa 6-0, Wigan losing their first two games 4-0 and 6-0 but then beating Spurs away. Everton scoring two goals against United in stoppage time. Not the most usual starts to a season.

The next few weeks will be interesting.

Prediction for next weeks results:

Stoke 1-1 West Ham

Villa 4-1 Bolton

Blackburn 1-0 Fulham

Everton 2-1 Newcastle

Tottenham 2-0 Wolves

West Brom 1-1 Birmingham

Sunderland 1-1 Arsenal

Man United 3-1 Liverpool

Wigan 1-1 Man City

Chelsea 5-0 Blackpool

Stoke 1-1 West Ham

West Ham will lose again.

Bolton lose appeal against Gary Cahill red card

Good. I don't understand what everybody was complaining about when they objected to this dismissal. Every single pundit I heard review this incident was nigh-on scathing of Stuart Attwell for giving Cahill a red card for this challenge. What on earth were they seeing? Because I saw a two-footed, off the ground, out of control, scissors challenge from behind. Cahill was not under control of his actions whatsoever and his tackle was a very dangerous one. Sure, the end result could have been much worse, but the intent was extremely dangerous, and Attwell made an excellent decision.

so far hodgson's liverpool is worse than the lowest depths of rafa benitez's liverpool - even in rafa's worse days we would have made a serious attempt to win at the likes of brum and it we did put in a few good performances last season' date=' this we havent seen one convincing performance[/quote']

He's not even had any sort of time, yes there not great but even though this is not his squad he's not had the chance to play enough games to be a success. It's been clear for sometime that they need a creative midfielder and a goalscorer to add to Torres, Kuyt & Gerrard who are the only players in the Liverpool squad capable of some form infront of goal. He hasn't got the later, but he has got the creative midfielder in Joe Cole. Also managing to replace Insua with somebody who can actually defend in Konchesky is very good buisness, Poulson's a good cheap replacement for Mascherano & Jovanovic is a good winger to replace Benayoun.

But a club isn't going to be up there with the clubs that invest, if they don't invest themselves. At the moment Manchester United aren't getting any investment but there still up there because of previous years investment. Arsenal are getting the odd 10 million in, but they wont spend major unless they sell someone like Fabregas for 40+ million. Man. City obviously and Spurs are getting a lot of investment despite not doing much wheeling & dealing in the summer so it should be no suprise that there getting a good result in drawing to Birmingham away because Birmingham have out invested them in the transfer market. Liverpool barely made a loss in the transfer market after the Mascherano sale.

Well well well. What a strange start we have had. Blackpool 4th. Birmingham 5th. City 8th. Tottenham 11th. Liverpool 13th. Everton 19th and West Ham still without a point. Blackpool beating Wigan 4-0' date=' Newcastle beating Villa 6-0, Wigan losing their first two games 4-0 and 6-0 but then beating Spurs away. Everton scoring two goals against United in stoppage time. Not the most usual starts to a season.

The next few weeks will be interesting.

Prediction for next weeks results:

Stoke 1-1 West Ham

Villa 4-1 Bolton

Blackburn 1-0 Fulham

Everton 2-1 Newcastle

Tottenham 2-0 Wolves

West Brom 1-1 Birmingham

Sunderland 1-1 Arsenal

Man United 3-1 Liverpool

Wigan 1-1 Man City

Chelsea 5-0 Blackpool[/quote']

Stoke 2-0 West Ham

Villa 2-1 Bolton

Blackburn 0-0 Fulham

Everton 2-0 Newcastle

Tottenham 1-0 Wolves

West Brom 2-1 Birmingham (pains me to say:o)

Sunderland 1-3 Arsenal

Man United 2-1 Liverpool

Wigan 1-1 Man city(agreed)

Chelsea 8-0 Blackpool (not bad odds ;))

I can't see us getting anything at Stoke. Their ground is extremely tough to play at and even a point will be a very good result.

Overall I'm not that happy that we bought five or six players in the transfer window when we are supposedly £100million or more in debt. I'd have rathered that we let players like Stanislas, Nouble, Sears, Tomkins, Collison and Noble play regularly. If we went down as a result so be it. In fact, it'd do them good as they would get futher experience at a lower level and if we went straight back up they'd come back better players.

I can't see us getting anything at Stoke. Their ground is extremely tough to play at and even a point will be a very good result.

Overall I'm not that happy that we bought five or six players in the transfer window when we are supposedly £100million or more in debt. I'd have rathered that we let players like Stanislas' date=' Nouble, Sears, Tomkins, Collison and Noble play regularly. If we went down as a result so be it. [b']In fact, it'd do them good as they would get futher experience at a lower level and if we went straight back up they'd come back better players.[/b]

If West Ham came back up then I would agree because it happened at Newcastle and the whole team and club is better for it. The best thing that happened was players like Viduka, Owen and Martins leaving and I think West Ham would be better if the under performing players left. Do you think it is taking a while for Grant to get the team playing or worried that you will be in this kind of position all season?

Bolton lose appeal against Gary Cahill red card

Good. I don't understand what everybody was complaining about when they objected to this dismissal. Every single pundit I heard review this incident was nigh-on scathing of Stuart Attwell for giving Cahill a red card for this challenge. What on earth were they seeing? Because I saw a two-footed' date=' off the ground, out of control, scissors challenge from behind. Cahill was not under control of his actions whatsoever and his tackle was a very dangerous one. Sure, the end result could have been much worse, but the intent was extremely dangerous, and Attwell made an excellent decision.[/quote']

Coloccini did a tackle exactly like it on DJ Campbell against Blackpool and only get a yellow card. Maybe that was what prompted Bolton to appeal (one booked and the other sent off for the same tackle).

If West Ham came back up then I would agree because it happened at Newcastle and the whole team and club is better for it. The best thing that happened was players like Viduka' date=' Owen and Martins leaving and I think West Ham would be better if the under performing players left. Do you think it is taking a while for Grant to get the team playing or worried that you will be in this kind of position all season?[/quote']

Well in the match against Aston Villa we were truly woeful. Against Bolton we created a lot of openings but didn't take them, and Botlon took the initiative and won. Against Man Utd and Chelsea we not really troubled the opposition too much, but I think that if we continue playing the way we played in the last three matches against Stoke, we might get something.

Coloccini did a tackle exactly like it on DJ Campbell against Blackpool and only get a yellow card. Maybe that was what prompted Bolton to appeal (one booked and the other sent off for the same tackle).

I hate this excuse that manager's and pundits use...."where's the consistency?"....Every single referee is different. Every single situation is different. Every single angle that the referee is looking at a situation from is different. It is impossible to get 100% consistency' date=' 100% of the time. [b']Impossible[/b].

I hate this excuse that manager's and pundits use...."where's the consistency?"....Every single referee is different. Every single situation is different. Every single angle that the referee is looking at a situation from is different. It is impossible to get 100% consistency' date=' 100% of the time. [b']Impossible[/b].

Fair enough with different referee's. I only get annoyed when a referee gives one team a free-kick for one decision, and then doesn't for the exact same challenge for the other team :rolleyes:

Fair enough with different referee's. I only get annoyed when a referee gives one team a free-kick for one decision' date=' and then doesn't for the exact same challenge for the other team :rolleyes:[/quote']
Every single angle that the referee is looking at a situation from is different.

^^^

Different angles, different perspectives, different decisions.

My prediction's

Stoke 1-0 West Ham

Villa 2-1 Bolton

Blackburn 1-1 Fulham

Everton 2-1 Newcastle

Tottenham 3-1 Wolves

West Brom 0-1 Birmingham

Sunderland 0-1 Arsenal

Man United 2-1 Liverpool

Wigan 1-1 Man City

Chelsea 4-1 Blackpool

@JackWWFC all the best! Think your going to need it this weekend im afraid :(

Really? :P

Quite surprised about Villa not beating Bolton, especially considering they were at home and also their very good record over Bolton. But, a very, very good result for Bolton, it will be interesting to see how they do this season after the start they have had. I suspect Villa fans now will just be looking forward to Houllier's reign now, and what he will bring to their team.

I'm surprised we were able to beat Tottenham yesterday but it's a welcome surprise. Hopefully we can have good home form this season as I can't see us getting too many wins away from Upton Park.

Aside from that, Chelsea were poor but that was always going to happen when you leave gaping holes in you defence. Ashley Cole was woefully poor for the goal. But why was Drogba substituted for Sturridge? Even if he isn't doing too well, a good player can get a goal from next to nothing and Drogba is far better than Sturridge.

Also regarding the Liverpool game, the first goal was obviously a silly decision from the referee but also, you have to question whether Reina had denied a goal-scoring opportunity by effectively acting as a wall for the player to run into, taking no consideration of the ball at all. Gerrard should have been sent off for his elbow, too.

Overall it's been a good weekend for Man Utd and it could get a little better if they beat Bolton.