Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I actually think Everton are purely because they know they can not spend to much but still manage to get brillant players in and compete with the very best teams. West Brom are very high on my list tho :)

Everton do spend.

Dont get me wrong they are awesome, so is Moyes but they have spent.

I actually think Everton are purely because they know they can not spend to much but still manage to get brillant players in and compete with the very best teams. West Brom are very high on my list tho :)
Everton do spend.

Dont get me wrong they are awesome' date=' so is Moyes but they have spent.[/quote']

Would go West Brom > Everton

Everton have brought in Mirallas and Oviedo.

Rate Shane Long so highly!

Surely we're the best run club in the division. We have no debt what so ever unlike the likes of Everton (£45 million), Wigan (£75 million plus) and West Brom (£2 million) although feel free to correct me if i'm wrong with any of those figures.

100% of the club is run by the fans. 20% of it is run by the Swansea City trust, which is made up of the 16,000 season ticket holders and run by a few of those fans who've been behind the trust for a number of years. 80% of the club is run by richer individual supporters of the club such as Martin Morgan, Dave Katzen, John Van Zweden and Huw Jenkins which make up the board and Huw Jenkins acts on behalf of these as the chairman.

Under this ownership we've gone from surviving relegation to the conference on the final day of 02/03 to finishing mid table in the Premier League less than 10 years later in 11/12. Every single year running on profit, living off free transfers for the early years and relying on sales of key player to fund signings who have generally been excellent over the years. On our way through the divisions we never bought our way to what we wanted to achieve like the likes of Wigan have done. Signings include the likes of Michel Michu (£2 million), Vorm (£1.5 million), Ashley Williams (£400k), Nathan Dyer (£400k), Neil Taylor (£35,000), Jason Scotland (£20,000), Angel Rangel (£0), Ferrie Bodde (£0), Lee Trundle (£0), Leon Britton (£0) and the likes goes on and on.

Also, we've managed to consistantly appoint good managers in the rise up the likes. We've never spent as much as a penny on a manager, yet in compensation we've received £9 million for Brendan Rodgers, his staff and Roberto Martinez.

Whilst Dave Whelan feels that he has to compete with Premier League wage demands in order for Wigan to compete and as a result has led them to over £75 million of debt, we've shown that we don't need to. Our highest earner is Ki Sung Yueng on £30k, our lowest first team earner is Ben Davies on £400 a week and the average wage in our team is £15-20k.

I know i've gone on a bit, but I honestly feel that there is no club run better than us that I know of and certainly not in the Premier League.

*Cough* Arsenal * Cough*

Well the major difference in how the Swans are run and how Arsenal are run is that we've been far more succesful.

Arsenal are a well run club, but not a perfectly run club success aside though. Although it is ever reducing they do still have debt and your wage structure is terrible. Your ridiciolously overpaying your poor players and underpaying your good players which on a number of occasions has led to them leaving.

Surely we're the best run club in the division. We have no debt what so ever unlike the likes of Everton (£45 million)' date=' Wigan (£75 million plus) and West Brom (£2 million) although feel free to correct me if i'm wrong with any of those figures.

100% of the club is run by the fans. 20% of it is run by the Swansea City trust, which is made up of the 16,000 season ticket holders and run by a few of those fans who've been behind the trust for a number of years. 80% of the club is run by richer individual supporters of the club such as Martin Morgan, Dave Katzen, John Van Zweden and Huw Jenkins which make up the board and Huw Jenkins acts on behalf of these as the chairman.

Under this ownership we've gone from surviving relegation to the conference on the final day of 02/03 to finishing mid table in the Premier League less than 10 years later in 11/12. Every single year running on profit, living off free transfers for the early years and relying on sales of key player to fund signings who have generally been excellent over the years. On our way through the divisions we never bought our way to what we wanted to achieve like the likes of Wigan have done. Signings include the likes of Michel Michu (£2 million), Vorm (£1.5 million), Ashley Williams (£400k), Nathan Dyer (£400k), Neil Taylor (£35,000), Jason Scotland (£20,000), Angel Rangel (£0), Ferrie Bodde (£0), Lee Trundle (£0), Leon Britton (£0) and the likes goes on and on.

Also, we've managed to consistantly appoint good managers in the rise up the likes. We've never spent as much as a penny on a manager, yet in compensation we've received £9 million for Brendan Rodgers, his staff and Roberto Martinez.

Whilst Dave Whelan feels that he has to compete with Premier League wage demands in order for Wigan to compete and as a result has led them to over £75 million of debt, we've shown that we don't need to. Our highest earner is Ki Sung Yueng on £30k, our lowest first team earner is Ben Davies on £400 a week and the average wage in our team is £15-20k.

I know i've gone on a bit, but I honestly feel that there is no club run better than us that I know of and certainly not in the Premier League.[/quote']All good points, and you're probably right. It's good that a team can prove things can be done in this manner.

Out of interest, where do you get your information about wages from?

All good points' date=' and you're probably right. It's good that a team can prove things can be done in this manner.

Out of interest, where do you get your information about wages from?[/quote']

That's just generally the reported wages, and you often get the wages reported at the time of each player signing really. The club don't officially publish the wages like Arsenal and West Ham have done but I can tell you what the majority of our squad are on.

Whilst Dave Whelan feels that he has to compete with Premier League wage demands in order for Wigan to compete and as a result has led them to over £75 million of debt' date=' we've shown that we don't need to. Our highest earner is Ki Sung Yueng on £30k, our lowest first team earner is Ben Davies on £400 a week and the average wage in our team is £15-20k.

.[/quote']

How much did Pablo Hernandez cost and what is his wages ?

Also how did you find out the wages on the players.I want to know the West Ham ones

Anyway i quite like Swansea great team :)

How much did Pablo Hernandez cost and what is his wages ?

Also how did you find out the wages on the players.I want to know the West Ham ones

Anyway i quite like Swansea great team :)

Pablo Hernandez cost £5.55 million and will be on roughly £25-30k p/w. With Hernandez' date=' Michu and Chico we were able to get them on cheaper wages than you might expect due to the economic problems in Spanish football and the good value of the pound against the euro. At the time of signing, it was reported that Michu signed a deal on just £15k/€20k a week and Chico Flores signed a very similar deal.

This is how I roughly know our wages:

That's just generally the reported wages, and you often get the wages reported at the time of each player signing really. The club don't officially publish the wages like Arsenal and West Ham have done but I can tell you what the majority of our squad are on.

I'm pretty sure West Ham either do or used to publish their wages.

WBA are easily the best run club. A £2 million debt to a football club playing in a top division is nothing and I rank their playing and managament staff over that of Swansea's. Owner and chairman are very solid people and know what the want to do with the club, without harming any potential chances of further progress.. Like Swansea to a certain degree but it's gotta be WBA all day long.

WBA are easily the best run club. A £2 million debt to a football club playing in a top division is nothing and I rank their playing and managament staff over that of Swansea's. Owner and chairman are very solid people and know what the want to do with the club' date=' without harming any potential chances of further progress.. Like Swansea to a certain degree but it's gotta be WBA all day long.[/quote']

I would go for Arsenal as the best run club, from what ive heard they one of only a handful clubs that make a profit ever year :eek: ie best run in a financial point of view

WBA are easily the best run club. A £2 million debt to a football club playing in a top division is nothing and I rank their playing and managament staff over that of Swansea's. Owner and chairman are very solid people and know what the want to do with the club' date=' without harming any potential chances of further progress.. Like Swansea to a certain degree but it's gotta be WBA all day long.[/quote']

Well £2 million debt to a football club is nothing, but no debt what so ever is better than that.

Yes, they've done well so far this season and yes they are a very good side but I do believe we're a better run club as I feel we've had more success with our current board than they have. They are a well run club and Dan Ashworth has done a brilliant job with transfers but for me we've had much greater success under our ownership.

Jeremy Peace and our owners have both run the clubs for about 10 years. Under Peace they've been promoted three times to the Premier League, relegated three times to the Championship and in the last couple of seasons have gone some way to establishing themselves in the Premier League. Under our owners we've achieved three promotions, as well as a couple of minor trophies.

Last season we both finished on the same points and on the same goal difference, West Brom finished 10th and above us on goals scored. I believe that we managed to finish were we did on a much smaller budget then West Brom had, and managed to make better use of our budget last season despite it being just our first Premier League season and us needing to change our squad around a lot more than West Brom would have done.

We don't run the club sustainably to a certain degree, we do run the club sustainably. We've never had any sort of debt, and never even loaned a single penny until our promotion to the Premier League, under our owners we've always spent what we've had availible for us to spend and not a penny more.

: ie best run in a financial point of view

But the worst run in terms of success, sure best run of CL appearances and stuff but that is it.

____

On Nigel Adkins, huge fan of him, and I do not think he will be the first to go this season, Southampton were still full of voice even 2-0 down in injury time, they are loving the fact they are back in the PL. They will pick up results soon, they just need a draw or a slice of luck and it should get them going. If Lallana was at the likes of Everton then I think that he would be getting England Call-ups.

Gaston Ramirez is back too, and when Jack Cork gets back I think they should be a little safer in terms of goals.

Even if they do get relegated Adkins has taken them from League One to PL in back-to-back promotion, not many managers I feel could do that.

But the worst run in terms of success' date=' sure best run of CL appearances and stuff but that is it.

____

On Nigel Adkins, huge fan of him, and I do not think he will be the first to go this season, Southampton were still full of voice even 2-0 down in injury time, they are loving the fact they are back in the PL. They will pick up results soon, they just need a draw or a slice of luck and it should get them going. If Lallana was at the likes of Everton then I think that he would be getting England Call-ups.

Gaston Ramirez is back too, and when Jack Cork gets back I think they should be a little safer in terms of goals.

Even if they do get relegated Adkins has taken them from League One to PL in back-to-back promotion, not many managers I feel could do that.[/quote']

ye i agree, but i have never really rated arsenal as a title contending team, imo they are CL contending team, they've never had the squad to win the PL.

The last time they did was the Henry era, so for consistently making CL with the squad they have and the fact that they are one of the better clubs financially as well as there reputation and marketing i think they deserve the title of best run club atm. but that's just my view :D

Well £2 million debt to a football club is nothing' date=' but no debt what so ever is better than that.

Yes, they've done well so far this season and yes they are a very good side but I do believe we're a better run club as I feel we've had more success with our current board than they have. They are a well run club and Dan Ashworth has done a brilliant job with transfers but for me we've had much greater success under our ownership.

Jeremy Peace and our owners have both run the clubs for about 10 years. Under Peace they've been promoted three times to the Premier League, relegated three times to the Championship and in the last couple of seasons have gone some way to establishing themselves in the Premier League. Under our owners we've achieved three promotions, as well as a couple of minor trophies.

Last season we both finished on the same points and on the same goal difference, West Brom finished 10th and above us on goals scored. I believe that we managed to finish were we did on a much smaller budget then West Brom had, and managed to make better use of our budget last season despite it being just our first Premier League season and us needing to change our squad around a lot more than West Brom would have done.

We don't run the club sustainably to a certain degree, we do run the club sustainably. We've never had any sort of debt, and never even loaned a single penny until our promotion to the Premier League, under our owners we've always spent what we've had available for us to spend and not a penny more.[/quote']

I do understand what your saying but our club is run so well that the 3 relegation's didn't really harm us, we was never in a position where we had to sell and because of that, we were always strong enough to get straight back up.

I was at the game last night and i haven't seen a West Brom side like this in my lifetime, I honestly don't think their is a club in the country that has proved to have a better scouting network that ours over the last few years. We have signed nobody's who have not only adapted to the premier league but stood out.

I, along with everybody else i spoke to, had no idea who Claudio Yacob was a few months ago but i have been amazed at the quality this guy has and think he has been the best "Value for money" signing of the season.

I think WBA and Swansea are the best run clubs in the EPL but i would go with Albion, based on the fact that i think were going to push on from you this season.

I might be biased though :D

But the worst run in terms of success' date=' sure best run of CL appearances and stuff but that is it.

____

Even if they do get relegated Adkins has taken them from League One to PL in back-to-back promotion, not many managers I feel could do that.[/quote']

I do agree that Adkins should be given plenty of time, he's managed to get them succesive promotions and has done a fantastic job there so to sack him now after ten premier league games because they're a few points of the pace would be so harsh on him.

But I don't think that Ramirez and Cork returning will be enough, because scoring goals isn't their problem, it's conceding them and they can't sign a good goalkeeper or centre half until January.

Everton are far from the best run club. Our Chairman is an idiot who constantly tells lies, our board don't have a business brain and we have hardly any assets as they have sold them all. We should have had a new stadium in the City Center near the Albert Dock (where the Echo Arena is) but the board managed to mess that up.

I do agree that Adkins should be given plenty of time' date=' he's managed to get them succesive promotions and has done a fantastic job there so to sack him now after ten premier league games because they're a few points of the pace would be so harsh on him.

But I don't think that Ramirez and Cork returning will be enough, because scoring goals isn't their problem, it's conceding them and they can't sign a good goalkeeper or centre half until January.[/quote']

It should go to someway to helping them, I am not saying it will totally fix the problem :P

Goalkeeping is a worry considering they have played Davis, Gazzinga and Boruc, it is taking time for Hooiveld and Fonte to find their feet, maybe try and get some loanees and buy a CB.

Everton are far from the best run club. Our Chairman is an idiot who constantly tells lies' date=' our board don't have a business brain and we have hardly any assets as they have sold them all. We should have had a new stadium in the City Center near the Albert Dock (where the Echo Arena is) but the board managed to mess that up.[/quote']

Agreed. Possibly the best managed, but not the best run.

From the SBL report;

It also says it will report any anti-Semitic chants at Tottenham games to the Metropolitan Police unless the club and FA show they are acting.

Peter Herbert, who chairs the group, said: "In discussions with members of the Jewish community, we were made aware that this practice is still continuing and it has to come to an end.

"If neither Tottenham FC nor the FA are willing to take a stand then SBL will report the matter to the Metropolitan Police Service for investigation and, if necessary, prosecution. The report will be made if this behaviour does not cease by 20 November. We will have monitors in attendance to observe what occurs."

Yeah good luck with that. This has got completely out of hand and is now laughable.

Well this feels very familiar. Dominate a game, deserve to win, and then gift the opposition a goal and only take a point. And then the cherry on top, absolutely stonewall penalty not given. I don't like to moan about refs too often, they have an incredibly hard job, but in this instance he was five yards away with a clear view, Lallana puts the ball through the defenders legs in the corner of the box, the defender then half body checks half kicks Lallana, no penalty. And with Lambert on the pitch, we all know where that was going.

At least we didn't lose!

Fulham snag a 3-3 draw at the Emirates, it was a roller coaster ride. Seemed down and out in the early going, felt the euphoria of being in the lead sporadically and nearly had a heart attack with a late penalty.

Was it a game to remember? Yes, but it certainly wasn't our best performance. It seems we need to re-work the basics in aerial defense.