Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

How did he go though him when it was at the side and took the ball before he went down went down?

Not the way I saw it on the replay. Might need another look.

I think you like football to be soft and timid dont you?

Get out of here. I love a strong challenge, but there's a massive difference between a firm, fair challenge and a dangerous, reckless challenge.

How did he go though him when it was at the side and took the ball before he went down went down?

Having seen it again at half-time, I'd change my quote that it was "definately a penalty". I still think there's an element of a foul in there though, although it's more 50/50 - sometimes it will be given, sometimes it won't. I wouldn't agree with the commentators who seem adamant that it wasn't a foul, although it should have been awarded outside the area (difficult to spot that though, at full speed).

Bad luck to Newcastle who were forced into changes through injuries to two players and weren't rewarded a blatant penalty in the second-half against Lescott.

Having seen it again at half-time' date=' I'd change my quote that it was "definately a penalty". I still think there's an element of a foul in there though, although it's more 50/50 - sometimes it will be given, sometimes it won't. I wouldn't agree with the commentators who seem adamant that it wasn't a foul, although it should have been awarded outside the area (difficult to spot that though, at full speed).

Bad luck to Newcastle who were forced into changes through injuries to two players and weren't rewarded a blatant penalty in the second-half against Lescott.[/quote']

Edit: Just noticed you just said it was outside the box

There is a degree of 'nastiness' in every challenge De Jong goes for. The challenge on Ben Arfa was fair, I think. Ben Arfa went in half hearted and got hurt. I was taught as a kid that I would get hurt if I went into any contact half hearted. I'm not saying that if both had gone in full steam that he would have come out dancing but, like all fairies, he didn't help himself.

Disgusted at the officiating. I don't say that too often about Newcastle games. But this was poor.

City; Still a team of class individuals. Nothing more. No idea how they beat Chelsea.

Just to add. Waddle flubbered his words at a few points today. Had me wondering what game he was watching. :P

There is a degree of 'nastiness' in every challenge De Jong goes for. The challenge on Ben Arfa was fair' date=' I think. Ben Arfa went in half hearted and got hurt. I was taught as a kid that I would get hurt if I went into any contact half hearted. I'm not saying that if both had gone in full steam that he would have come out dancing but, like all fairies, he didn't help himself.[/quote']

Come on, you also get told not to go in like a pair of scissors. Anybody who's going into a tackle in that manner isn't tackling properly.

Come on' date=' you also get told not to go in like a pair of scissors. Anybody who's going into a tackle in that manner isn't tackling properly.[/quote']

I hate the guy but I really cant say it was that unfair of a challenge. Seriously. It was a sort of scissors tackle but they are very common now. Trailing legs always catch people. Its just unfortunate that this time, the amount of force behind it has broken someones leg. Even more unfortunate for us as Ben Arfa added something different to our play.

It didnt look reckless to me. The injury to Ben Arfa is gutting for the boy but De Jong was not reckless. His job is to rough people up and get the ball back, he does that fantastically.

A few look a like opinions here:

De Jong= World champion boxer Miguel Cotto

Andy Carroll= WWE athlete Edge

Respuesta: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Disappointed in how we did in the final third. Even if we had just ONE clear chance, I can't imagine us being able to get past Cech. I still think there were some positives to take from this: 1) that that was the most Chelsea had been pinned down by any side at the Bridge this season, 2) that Wilshere may be a lanky and midgety fellah, but he's got a lot in that tiny package, and 3) that Fabianski isn't so bad as many fans think.

Re: Respuesta: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Disappointed in how we did in the final third. Even if we had just ONE clear chance' date=' I can't imagine us being able to get past Cech. I still think there were some positives to take from this: 1) that that was the most Chelsea had been pinned down by any side at the Bridge this season, 2) that Wilshere may be a lanky and midgety fellah, [b']but he's got a lot in that tiny package,[/b] and 3) that Fabianski isn't so bad as many fans think.

yeah so has Arshavin.

All the chances fell to chamakh, makes you wonder what the scoreline wouldve been if RVP played instead.

Guest JackWWFC

Then Heskey must be the best striker in Europe then.
The same statistics also "list Wayne Rooney as the fourth best player in Europe".

Shows how much use they are then... :)

Castrol’s rankings work on a rolling 12 month basis

B);) 12 month basis.

Guedioura took it past him and Sidwell knew he wouldn't get anywhere near him' date=' so he just hit his ankle. Fractured leg.

Henry's tackle was late and powerful, deserved a red and a 5 game ban IMO, but the suggestions that he is a dirty player are just wrong.[/quote']

Are you being serious!?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3165970/Karl-Henry-has-apologised-for-his-horror-tackle.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JackWWFC

Chelsea were under a great deal of pressure against us yesterday.

Cech 11 successful passes, 8 unsuccessful.

Hahnemann 17 successful, 4 unsuccessful.

Dave Jones made 81 passes, 70 were successful.

Milijas did 57 passes, 54 were successful.

Also, Wolves completed over 400 passes, very rare unless you are Barcelona.

Think once Zubar and Hunt back we will propell out of the Rele zone.