Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

The Metropolitan Police have offically dropped the enquiry into Mark Clattenberg's alleged commets at Chelsea....

Anybody else got the feeling Chelsea are going to be made to look complete mugs over this whole incident??

It's a tricky one - but if the FA can PROVE that Clattenburg did NOT say ANYTHING racist I believe a huge points deduction should be the punishment.

I don't like Clattenburrg as a referee, but I cannot stomach the thought that Chelsea players/staff might have concocted a story whilst being bitter about such a defeat

The Metropolitan Police have offically dropped the enquiry into Mark Clattenberg's alleged commets at Chelsea....

Anybody else got the feeling Chelsea are going to be made to look complete mugs over this whole incident??

Good. It was clear from day dot that this was absolute bull. I would say, "justice for Clattenburg", but this is no justice. Clattenburg's reputation and public standing shall be forever blighted by this pure fabrication.

It's a tricky one - but if the FA can PROVE that Clattenburg did NOT say ANYTHING racist I believe a huge points deduction should be the punishment.

I don't like Clattenburrg as a referee' date=' but I cannot stomach the thought that Chelsea players/staff might have concocted a story whilst being bitter about such a defeat[/quote']

Good. It was clear from day dot that this was absolute bull. I would say' date=' "justice for Clattenburg", but this is no justice. Clattenburg's reputation and public standing shall be forever blighted by this pure fabrication.[/quote']

Well I was always on the side of believeing Clattenburg more, purely as I cant believe anybody in his position knowing the ramifacations would be so stupid.

It should really be an open and shut case his everyword is avaliable to hear via the Mic and the assistants would have heard anything, and I dont believe they would "cover" for him if genuine racist language had been used.

It is even less convincing when Mikel did not even hear it himself and the information is passed on to him second-hand if you like by team mates who dont speak English to well.

Chelsea are not a well-liked club as it is but if they are found to have tried to basically end the career of a ref on what looks like bitterness over some referring decisions that in itself is a new low even for Chelsea :o

As you say though it is probably to late for Clattenburg anyway, it is like anybody accused of anything in life, your name will be forever tarnished even if proved innocent

Bearing in mind they couldn't convict Terry even with video evidence, who actually expected Clattenburg to be charged by the police? Also, Chelsea did not tell the police, the Society of Black Lawyers did, so wait on the FA decision before you decide it was a made up accusation.

I very, very highly doubt it was invented by the Chelsea players. I think there's a good chance they misheard something he said, and I think theres a chance that he's guilty, but like the rest of you, I can't actually know anything about it.

Absoloutely outstanding, that's our best away win since we've been up and probably our best win considering we know we can beat anyone at home on our day.

Some sloppy defending at the end cost us a clean sheet, but the win was full deserved, we created the better chances and were the better side on the day.

All of them are heros but in particular Tremmel, Monk, Michu and Pablo Hernandez were fantastic. My ratings for today:

Tremmel - 8

Williams - 7

Monk - 8

Rangel - 6

Davies - 6

Britton - 7

De Guzman - 7

Michu - 8

Pablo - 9

Dyer - 7

Shechter - 7

Subs: Routledge 7, Agustien 6, Graham 7

All other results went our way bar Reading beating Everton and i'd prefered QPR-Southampton to draw but i'd much prefer QPR lose than Southampton. 16 points for us now which is superb after 12 games, we're well above ourselves in comparison to this time last season and compared to the amount of points we picked up from the same games next season.

Liverpool and West Brom at home next, probably two games we are more likely to get points against than away to Newcastle.

Great win for The Baggies, had a sneaky feeling we was going to win all week.

Myhill had another solid game in goal, always nice to know you have a realible number 2. Shane Long was immense again, scoring 1 and creating the other. Peter Odemwingie was my MOM though, not only was he a threat going forward but he really put a shift in getting back and popped up for the winner :D

Mulumbu went off with a hamstring injury though which is a worry but we do have enough strength to deal with any casualty's, up to 4th now!

We know what we are :)