bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Not really saying much nowadays though is it? :P

Much talk of who Lambert will be looking to get?

Sadly not.

Kind of. But its died down as of the last 2 weeks. Im not saying whether these are realistic or not, im just saying who we have been linked with on a number of occassions, from the top of my head anyway, there is more I just cant be bothered to check :P

Henry & Trotter from Milwall

Dale Spehens

(House hold names within the footballing world :P )

Aubameyang

Wilfrid Bony ( Deal was agreed in the summer, last minute they pulled the plug )

Finnbogason

Gouffran

Karaboue (Nancy ???)

Boateng

and a few others from france and spain.

Aston Villa fan's really get on my nerves' date=' I'm sure your not the same as most of them, but they always seem to boo their managers for no reason, Lambert doesn't deserve the boo's coming his way yet, but I can't see him lasting till the end of the season.[/quote']

Ill never boo my team, regardless of the manager.

Vast majority are still behind Lambert, some numpties are calling for him (unbelievable) to be sacked.

Lambert deserves our bloody support for taking on a monumental challenge. He wont be sacked, I really cant see it. It would have to be a record breaking losing streak for it to happen I reckon.

Him and Lerner outlined long term plans for the redevelopment of the whole club, top to bottom. We dont have the squad, or the first team at the moment to expect anything else than a relegation scrap. This January will be very important.

Eck deserved the sheet he got from us though. It wasnt just about the performances, the results, or the fact he was from Small heath ( in fact I would of loved to nick a good manager of small heath ) but after every game he never ever took responsibility, regularly blaming fans, individual players and a host of other reasons, but never the fact he played 7 defenders in one game. I wouldnt boo during a game but Iv certainly given eck some stick.

Never thought I'd feel sorry for Harry Redknapp.

What on earth has Hughes done to QPR?

Thinking the same to be honest.

Hughes has ruined them! Think this is one challenge too many for Redknapp.

Granero has gone from Champions League to soon to be Championship.

Taarabt is pretty much their only decent player and he hasn't been great - I honestly think they look like a Championship team already!

Hughes has ruined every club he's been at' date=' worst manager ive ever seen tbh[/color']

Well Man City won the league some time after he was fired, so it might be that bad for QPR in about a season or two, thats if they can survive this season.

Thinking the same to be honest.

Hughes has ruined them! Think this is one challenge too many for Redknapp.

Granero has gone from Champions League to soon to be Championship.

Taarabt is pretty much their only decent player and he hasn't been great - I honestly think they look like a Championship team already!

Granero's looked decent in parts. Players have evidently just gone there for the huge wages though. People said the same about City's players but at least some of them (most actually) have a bit of fight in them.

I think he certainly has to shoulder some of the blame. Randy Lerner has to aswell. Lerner was to trustworthy and naive in his initial spell as our chairman' date=' ambitious he trusted Oneill judgement and he bought the players Oneill wanted. Oneill should of recognised the value in each player, that includes the contracts they were offered.[/b']

Managers have an important say in assessing the value of transfer targets do they not ?

MON spent 133 million, sold around 30 million (inc Gary Cahill :rolleyes:... because Cahill wasnt getting game time, he brings in Collins as a replacement for the same figure and plays him all the time ) yet we never had good squad depth nor did we ever have a fantastic starting 11.We had some great players, dont get me wrong MON did some fantastic things at us but to suggest he left us with a squad of good players is not entirely true. He also brought in players on high wages then never used them ? left to rot almost, which clubs are going to bring in players who havent played and are on a load of money ?

We have lost millions on the money we spent on MONs signing, we have recouped hardly anything for the vast majority excluding a handful where we have made money, no where near enough to cover the losses though.

I am all for Lerner reigning it in, what we was doing was completely unsustainable. Our accounts were shocking, its evened it self out so to speak, but im a little concerned that he wont invest the required amount this January.

Lerner has made a number of mistakes but im not going to crucify him for being ambitious and naive initially. He has made a few horror decisions since, and thats why he has to take some of the blame but the MON era, as good as it was performance wise, left us on the brink.

PS. Benteke is a good prospect, he was unplayable for a period 7 games. Its his first season in the premiership, he has had very poor games he will probably have more but I believe he has the attributes to be a very good CF.

Ignoring the blame aspect I would say this.

The whole point is it is not O'Neill who signs the checks or offers the contracts. At the end of the day the money men at Villa or at any club make those decisions and I cannot believe any club would be naive enough to allow there manager to have input in contract discussions, that is predominently taken out of there hands.O'Neill like any manager would ask for players but if the money aint there the board simply should say no....

The main people to blame is the board IMO they sanctioned all of this spending and excessive wages they are the ultimate makers of these decisions. They are ultimately responsible for the position the club is in this along with porr recruitment policy and general lack of direction at the club.

Now they have sold lots of players and replaced them with dross, not one of your signings in the summer had experience in Premier league. When you mix youngsters with players who have predominenetly played most of there career in the lower levels of football you are asking for trouble.

As for Benteke (it is not a case of sour grapes :o) I just think he has been made to look better because of some of the rubbish around him. He is young and has much improvement in him but I dont think he is this "beast" that some people make him out to be. Any player with any physical aspect bullies my team unfortunatley :o

Love seeing QPR suffer, they now need to get 30 points from the last 18 games having only picked up 10 points from the first 20 games to get to the all important 40 point mark which I can't see them doing. Should they go down they'll probably be in a situation where either Fernandez has to bank roll their squad of players who are happy to just sit on their high wages or their going to be in financial turmoil. With FFP kicking in soon in the Championship I can see them either sliding down the leagues, or folding.

We look like we're going to sign Jose Canas. Looks the plausible rumour for January, he's got 6 months left on his contract at Real Betis who are in administration and strict rules in Spain don't allow them to offer the sort of salary that he wants. He's one of Betis's lowest earners, and we are reportedly offering him three times what he's currently earning (I'd suspect about £15K a week). It looks promising and it looks like yet another bargain from La Liga, he's been a regular for Real Betis this season and it looks like we'll be able to get him for less than £1 million.

Also been linked with Iago Aspas, Marcos Alonso and Albert Adomah but can't see any of those happening. Think we'll sign De Guzman permanently, spend £5-8 million on a striker, Jose Canas and possibly another centre back and winger if possible.

I don't see why he would go to Reading tho ? In my opinion they're guaranteed to go down.

Perhaps he wants to make the step up and fancies a challenge in a top tier league? Reading aren't finished yet, unlike QPR they're a team of players who want to keep their team in the league and will fight for it, and teams like that have beaten the odds (at least for a season or two) once or twice in the past. Even if they do go down, it'd be a good chance to put himself in the shop window for another team in the league for future seasons.

West Brom currently showing what they're about. Long balls and hoping stuff comes off with regards to 2nd balls.

Are their fans actually for real aswell? booing and whinging because players misplace passes? Sorry but you're a small club out of your depth and the previous 4 months have been nothing short of good form and that's it. Are they all deluded enough to think they're now a top club? :rolleyes:

West Brom currently showing what they're about. Long balls and hoping stuff comes off with regards to 2nd balls.

No they're not all about long balls and hoping stuff comes off. They got really desperate today seeing nothing works out, just not their day. I watched a few of their games and I must say I really enjoy the way the play, they combine very well and they have a few really good footballers.

No they're not all about long balls and hoping stuff comes off. They got really desperate today seeing nothing works out' date=' just not their day. I watched a few of their games and I must say I really enjoy the way the play, they combine very well [b']and they have a few really good footballers.[/b]

Like who? :confused:

Are their fans actually for real aswell? booing and whinging because players misplace passes? Sorry but you're a small club out of your depth and the previous 4 months have been nothing short of good form and that's it. Are they all deluded enough to think they're now a top club? :rolleyes:

What a joke of a comment, to say were all about long balls is plain stupid, you clearly no nothing about West Brom, so please do not pretend to.

Today was our poorest performance of the season, so like 90% of teams, reduced to hitting it long and hoping, exactly what most teams do when their struggling to find there passing game. Normally we are excellent on the ball and play outstanding counter attacking football, we were also without Jonas Ollson who controls our defense and makes us much more difficult to beat, and Claudio Yacob was out, who starts our attacks and makes sure that those so called long balls dont keep happening.

Our fans did not boo because we "were not winning" they were booing because of the lazy attitude being shown by the players, i do not claim to be a massive club, nor does any other Albion fan, we just have a realistic aim of trying to pinch a Europa spot, and seeing as were only 3 points behind Spurs, i wouldn't say that was foolish.

As i say, learn more about things before pretending to know them.

What a joke of a comment' date=' to say were all about long balls is plain stupid, you clearly no nothing about West Brom, so please do not pretend to.

Today was our poorest performance of the season, so like 90% of teams, reduced to hitting it long and hoping, exactly what most teams do when their struggling to find there passing game. Normally we are excellent on the ball and play outstanding counter attacking football, we were also without Jonas Ollson who controls our defense and makes us much more difficult to beat, and Claudio Yacob was out, who starts our attacks and makes sure that those so called long balls dont keep happening.

Our fans did not boo because we "were not winning" they were booing because of the lazy attitude being shown by the players, i do not claim to be a massive club, nor does any other Albion fan, we just have a realistic aim of trying to pinch a Europa spot, and seeing as were only 3 points behind Spurs, i wouldn't say that was foolish.

As i say, learn more about things before pretending to know them.[/quote']

Totally agree with this, the lad clearly dont watch west brom, to be honest had a little chuckle when i read it as anybody who watches west brom regular knows this is total nonsense from sombody who doesnt have a clue wot he is on about.:eek:

Go to be pleased with a point at home to Villa as it didn't look like we were going to get it, but really it was a game we should have won. We were so dominant in the game, controlled the game for pretty much all of the game and we really should have put the game out of reach in the first half (hit the woodwork twice and missed a one on one). Second half we didn't create as many chances but still controlled the game and created the better of the chances.

Feel hard done by with the penalty, don't think it was a pen and thought Weimann dived. Dyer didn't really make a challenge and if there was contact, it was as much of a free kick our way than a penalty only that Dyer didn't fall to the floor. We also should have a penalty earlier in the second half, blatant handball which the officials seemed to think was outside the box.

I don't think Villa will go down, but you could see the problems they have pretty clearly today. Inexperience showing with two stupid bookings for dissent and Chris Herd risking a red card by pushing Michu in the face because a decision didn't go his way (although a very poor decision). I think a more experience side would be more likely to hold the game out as well.

Other results went our way so not too bad a day for us.

Totally agree with this' date=' the lad clearly dont watch west brom, to be honest had a little chuckle when i read it as anybody who watches west brom regular knows this is total nonsense from sombody who doesnt have a clue wot he is on about.:eek:[/quote']
What a joke of a comment' date=' to say were all about long balls is plain stupid, you clearly no nothing about West Brom, so please do not pretend to.

Exactly my thoughts Woods. There you go.

Totally agree with this' date=' the lad clearly dont watch west brom, to be honest had a little chuckle when i read it as anybody who watches west brom regular knows this is total nonsense from sombody who doesnt have a clue wot he is on about.:eek:[/quote']

Not sure why you two are being so defensive about this.

I have seen you first hand at WHL at the start of the season, then 3 whole games on Sky and then highlights and other bits and bobs of your games this season. To say I don't watch you is quite offensive and wrong.

I have my opinions on WBA and I believe they're founded. To say two players being injured (1 of which is a centre back which doesn't dictate how you play offensively, more defensively) has changed your whole style of play is ridiculous. If those two really being out cause so much disruption to your style of play then sort your squad out better.

You two perhaps might think that "sneaking" an Europa place is your target but it's not shared by others. Others think you now deserve an Europa spot and should be challenging for a CL spot.

FYI it's 6 points not 3.

Not sure why you two are being so defensive about this.

I have seen you first hand at WHL at the start of the season' date=' then 3 whole games on Sky and then highlights and other bits and bobs of your games this season. To say I don't watch you is quite offensive and wrong.

I have my opinions on WBA and I believe they're founded. To say two players being injured (1 of which is a centre back which doesn't dictate how you play offensively, more defensively) has changed your whole style of play is ridiculous. If those two really being out cause so much disruption to your style of play then sort your squad out better.

You two perhaps might think that "sneaking" an Europa place is your target but it's not shared by others. Others think you now deserve an Europa spot and should be challenging for a CL spot.

FYI it's 6 points not 3.[/quote']

Because quite clearly you dont have a clue:rolleyes: