bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Completely' date=' it's just a tight divison and realistically they'll need to complete with the likes of Sunderland, Fulham & Birmingham to get a chance of a top 10 finish this season.

Hitzelberger wont do too well for me, he'll find it hard to get in the squad with the likes of Parker, Noble & Collison.[/quote']

Agreed mate im a birmingham fan so there is a little bit of over hypping coming from me but i agree with you completely Birmingham,Sunderland IMO to battle it out Fulham to be there and there abouts depending on the manager they sign.It is a tight league in fairness 4th spot should be a intresting battle this year.

Top 10 for West Ham is possible.

I'm just trying to figure out who'll they will play in the central midfield slots' date=' due to Noble, Parker, Der Hammer and Collison.

I can see Behrami and Barrera on the wings. if they get Remy, it will be him and Cole up front. Clerc at right back, Tomkins and Upson at centre jalf and Ben Haim at left back. Diamanti will most likely be on the ebcnh, but he's a talent, one of the most under-rated wingers in the PL.[/quote']

That's an extremely optimistic prediction. Remy is likely to go to Liverpool and I doubt Clerc will join West Ham. I can possibly see Ben Haim coming into the club but at the moment there hasn't been any interest as far as I've heard.

That's an extremely optimistic prediction. Remy is likely to go to Liverpool and I doubt Clerc will join West Ham. I can possibly see Ben Haim coming into the club but at the moment there hasn't been any interest as far as I've heard.

I'm not a WH fan so I can't tell ya much about the club, I just think 9-12th is possible for them, if they get those other signings.;)

Harry needs to look elsewhere and stop trying to sign the players we knew we were never going to get.

So far it looks liks we might be getting Pletikosa, and we may also be getting Bellamy on loan.

Taiwo has also been linked with us and that would be a good signing... but instead of wasting our time on Remy etc we should look to buy some players that could be just as good but without the other stiff competition.

Weve now been linked with Raul and i wouldnt mind that because it looks like Pav could be heading out on loan to Sporting anyway. :( Gervinho is another we were linked with but thats just pittered out now.. Come on Harry.. get busy!

Edit: Apparently were close to Djalo now as they could be forced to sell up due to financial problems.. that would be a nice signing. :)

Harry needs to look elsewhere and stop trying to sign the players we knew we were never going to get.

So far it looks liks we might be getting Pletikosa' date=' and we may also be getting Bellamy on loan.

Taiwo has also been linked with us and that would be a good signing... but instead of wasting our time on Remy etc we should look to buy some players that could be just as good but without the other stiff competition.

Weve now been linked with Raul and i wouldnt mind that because it looks like Pav could be heading out on loan to Sporting anyway. :( Gervinho is another we were linked with but thats just pittered out now.. Come on Harry.. get busy![/quote']

Does he need to? You've got a very good squad and the only thing missing is perhaps a good CB

Does he need to? You've got a very good squad and the only thing missing is perhaps a good CB

I feel he does yes. With the added CL games and things and if we really are going to push for the title next year we need a few more additions. CB is a place we definetly need improving and Id also say another all round full back would be a good addition. A CF or a new midfielder wouldnt go a miss too. If we dont sign anyone id be happy with the youth being given a chance, because tbh were awful at that weve got some serious talent in the lower ranks but we never even given them a chance.

Iv already given my table prediction but going on possible/likely transfers here's my new one

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Liverpool (thanks to joe cole and gerrard staying)

4. Man City

---------------------

5. Arsenal (if they lose fab)

6. Spurs

7. Aston Villa

8. Everton

9. Birmingham/Sunderland

10. Sunderland/Birmingham

11. Stoke

12. Fulham (maybe higher depends on new manager)

13. West ham

14. Blackburn

15. Newcastle

16. Bolton

17. Wovels/Wigan

---------------------

18. Wigan/Wovels

19. West Brom

20. Blackpool (relegated on worse points tally in PL history)

The premiership has spent £145,900,000 million this summer transfer market, half of the probably City.

Now O'Neill saying Milner might be out for the right price. How who he fit in at City, they already got De Jong, Barry, Yaya, M Johnson, Ireland, Silva, SWP, Kompany, A Johnson, Wiess. Money gone to City heads

Tottenham has done a lot in the market with the new money they got. lol

Arsenal need to buy experience players in all position (Gk, CB, CM, CF) and need to toughen up if they want the premiership.

I can't see West Ham in the top 10, not when Sunderland, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke, Birmingham all improve last season and hopefully push again this season. I can see Sunderland going far if Bent carries on finding the net.

The premiership has spent £145' date='900,000 million this summer transfer market, half of the probably City.

Now O'Neill saying Milner might be out for the right price. How who he fit in at City, they already got De Jong, Barry, Yaya, M Johnson, Ireland, Silva, SWP, Kompany, A Johnson, Wiess. Money gone to City heads

Tottenham has done a lot in the market with the new money they got. lol

Arsenal need to buy experience players in all position (Gk, CB, CM, CF) and need to toughen up if they want the premiership.

I can't see West Ham in the top 10, not when Sunderland, Blackburn, Fulham, Stoke, Birmingham all improve last season and hopefully push again this season. I can see Sunderland going far if Bent carries on finding the net.[/quote']

Agreed im worried about what Harry had to say about spurs' title chances 4th seems to be a realistic target i fear if he push's to far that could spell trouble for spurs.

Milner will never get into man Citys starting 11 in the first half of the season i reckon impact sub

If i were Arsenal i look at the Given/Hart battle i think either or the two would be a good GK at arsenal. Top 10 cant see blackburn doing anything sam proved his skills at bolton id give them 1 more season.

It should prove to be a good season i reckon 4th spot will be hotly contested between arsenal,city and spurs. I know 10th spot its nothing important but theres 4 teams roughly i can see nicking it. As for relegated im not anit-Blackpool but there down west brom wigan and wovels i think will all be in a battle

have to laugh at this...

we can make our squad stronger when cesc leaves

we are better with out cesc.. :);)B)

Arsenal are seriously in danger of falling out of the top 4th i have to laught at anyone who still thinks there a team capable of winning something as for making your squad stronger.............. Well tell me what player would move to arsenal that has the quality of fab ? really i cant see any world class players move to arsenal.

With out cesc youll fall apart

Gunner, i dont think you are, Fabregas pulled the strings at Arsenal. Arsenal need the experience and stop playing perfect football. I think Arsenal will get top 4, but i still think arsenal are missing a goalkeeper, centre back as a replacement, CM as a replacement and if Fabregas goes next year, Striker if you change to a 4-4-2.

top 4 prediction:-

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal/Liverpool

4. Liverpool/Arsenal

Arsenal are seriously in danger of falling out of the top 4th i have to laught at anyone who still thinks there a team capable of winning something as for making your squad stronger.............. Well tell me what player would move to arsenal that has the quality of fab ? really i cant see any world class players move to arsenal.

With out cesc youll fall apart

weo dont need world class players... we bring in players like vermaelen ' date=' koscielny , arshavin etc..

and i didnt say we would win anything making our team stronger..

[b']wenger has very bad tactics and whilst he is at arsenal we wont win anything again[/b]

weo dont need world class players... we bring in players like vermaelen ' date=' koscielny , arshavin etc..

and i didnt say we would win anything making our team stronger..

[b']wenger has very bad tactics and whilst he is at arsenal we wont win anything again[/b]

yes soo to laught at my claim of arsenal finishing 5th was wrong then

we can make our squad stronger when cesc leaves
well doesnt making your squad strong mean signing a player just as good if not better ? :confused: PLayers like Koscienlny wont get you 4th IMO

Arsenal really wont make 4th mate :rolleyes:

yes soo to laught at my claim of arsenal finishing 5th was wrong then well doesnt making your squad strong mean signing a player just as good if not better ? :confused: PLayers like Koscienlny wont get you 4th IMO

Arsenal really wont make 4th mate :rolleyes:

nope , anyways im off cba arguing with a 2 year old birmingham fan cya :P

nope ' date=' anyways im off cba arguing with a 2 year old birmingham fan cya :P[/quote']

:D 2yr old :confused: this confuses me speaking of birmingham fan try beating us next seaon buddy :P you know were ur bogey team

And Mate its just a friendly dissusion about were we think teams will end up its just my opinion theres not need for the 2 yr old stuff really is there its not a argument is just debating ? and IMO you cant handel it

:D 2yr old :confused: this confuses me speaking of birmingham fan try beating us next seaon buddy :P you know were ur bogey team

ofcoure arsenal a bogey team thats why theyve not won anything in years doh....:P

thats why i said we need to strengthen our team and get arsene out

arsenal ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS... keep 2 cb's at the back andleave the 2 wing backs up front

bad tactis... only utd and chelsea can do this not arsenal..

ofcoure arsenal a bogey team thats why theyve not won anything in years doh....:P

thats why i said we need to strengthen our team and get arsene out

arsenal ALWAYS AND I MEAN ALWAYS... keep 2 cb's at the back andleave the 2 wing backs up front

bad tactis... only utd and chelsea can do this not arsenal..

Do you reckon arsene will get the boot if you dnt win anything this season ?

Do you reckon arsene will get the boot if you dnt win anything this season ?

hopefully...

if you ever watch a arsenal match , watch clichy and sagna they leave our defence and dont come back rarely and thats how every team counter attacks us most of the time and scores fullish goals..

and i'm sure these are wengers tactics and not the players fault , although clichy is 1 of the most terrible left backs in the epl. very overated

hopefully...

if you ever watch a arsenal match ' date=' watch clichy and sagna they leave our defence and dont come back rarely and thats how every team counter attacks us most of the time and scores fullish goals..

and i'm sure these are wengers tactics and not the players fault , although clichy is 1 of the most terrible left backs in the epl. very overated[/quote']

:D lool i mean give him credit i love the kind of football he trys to play. I reckon hell walk IMO this season if you dnt win anything as a arsenal fan what manager would u like instead of him ?

:D lool i mean give him credit i love the kind of football he trys to play. I reckon hell walk IMO this season if you dnt win anything as a arsenal fan what manager would u like instead of him ?

not sure hopefully a decent manager anyways lol , wenger was good but since 2006 ouch terrible :eek:

what good manager out there would take Arsenal? there probably decent manages but who can change Arsenal.

Chelsea struggled find a permanent manager that can do the job but finally got one.

Man Utd will probably have Mourinho after Sir Fergie retires.

I'm not a WH fan so I can't tell ya much about the club' date=' I just think 9-12th is possible for them, if they get those other signings.;)[/quote']

But realistcally why would they join West Ham, there either linked with better clubs or are at better clubs then West Ham at the moment so West Ham might be a step down bar the fact that West Ham are in a much better league.

Your basically saying they have a good chance for mid-table with a squad that they don't possess.

Gunner' date=' i dont think you are, Fabregas pulled the strings at Arsenal. Arsenal need the experience and stop playing perfect football. I think Arsenal will get top 4, but i still think arsenal are missing a goalkeeper, centre back as a replacement, CM as a replacement and if Fabregas goes next year, Striker if you change to a 4-4-2.

top 4 prediction:-

1. Man Utd

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal/Liverpool

4. Liverpool/Arsenal[/quote']

man united wont win the league and city will definitely be top 4

gotta take those blinkers off fella