Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

Hahaha Iv read some funny arguments on this forum' date=' but the post below is up there.

Spending 40 / 50 million as you put it, each season does mean money made your team, irrespective off City spending 200 million in a year, you have spent far more than them.

They are simply fast tracking.

What a awful point.[/quote']

you dont understand me

Man utd always been a big team whereas City been small so of course they would of spent more in the long run cause City had no money.

Now its different, City has spent 200 mil in 1 season, trophiless this season about 80 mil that is what the joke about. You never seen Man Utd in 1 season spend 200 mil. City in 2 season has spent 1 bil on the club with wage etc and transfers etc with is stupid

Man City a joke

you dont understand me

Man utd always been a big team whereas City been small so of course they would of spent more in the long run cause City had no money.

Now its different' date=' City has spent 200 mil in 1 season, trophiless this season about 80 mil that is what the joke about. You never seen Man Utd in 1 season spend 200 mil. City in 2 season has spent 1 bil on the club with wage etc and transfers etc with is stupid

Man City a joke[/quote']

Ah, I see you're a fan of post '92 United and haven't bothered to look into your club's history :) At least we have the money to spend...

you may have money to spend' date=' but money doesnt make a team. You proved it last season. Who wants to go to a team with no trophies and no main scorer now lol[/quote']

Money made your team...

VDS - £2m

Rafael - £2.5m

Ferdinand - £27.55m

Vidic - £7m

Evra - £5.5m

Valencia - £16m

Carrick - £18.6m

Anderson - £15m

Nani - £13.5m

Rooney - £27m

Berbatov - £30.75m

No-one expected City to win trophies last season, nor will players not be attracted to the club simply because Tevez has gone :rolleyes:

Money made your team...

VDS - £2m

Rafael - £2.5m

Ferdinand - £27.55m

Vidic - £7m

Evra - £5.5m

Valencia - £16m

Carrick - £18.6m

Anderson - £15m

Nani - £13.5m

Rooney - £27m

Berbatov - £30.75m

No-one expected City to win trophies last season' date=' nor will players not be attracted to the club simply because Tevez has gone :rolleyes:[/quote']

Money over the years made man utd, they dont go and spend 200 million at the start.

I have to laugh at that bit in bold, All Man City fans did at the start of last year.

Who would go to Man City??? no trophies, no success.

Man Utd champions this season

Money over the years made man utd' date=' they dont go and spend 200 million at the start.

I have to laugh at that bit in bold, All Man City fans did at the start of last year.

Who would go to Man City??? no trophies, no success.

Man Utd champions this season[/quote']

What's the difference between spending gradually and doing it all in one season? I don't know what City fans you were talking to but certainly most in Manchester (you heard of that place?) were keeping their feet on the ground. In fact, most were happy to finish 5th. Quite a few good players would come to City. You might have noticed we've attracted some good players recently like Silva, Toure, Balotelli, Boateng and Kolarov or maybe your head is still planted firmly in the sand. I said at the start of the season that the title was Chelsea's to throw away. It looks like they're trying their hardest not to retain it :P

What's the difference between spending gradually and doing it all in one season? I don't know what City fans you were talking to but certainly most in Manchester (you heard of that place?) were keeping their feet on the ground. In fact' date=' most were happy to finish 5th. Quite a few good players would come to City. You might have noticed we've attracted some good players recently like Silva, Toure, Balotelli, Boateng and Kolarov or maybe your head is still planted firmly in the sand. I said at the start of the season that the title was Chelsea's to throw away. It looks like they're trying their hardest not to retain it :P[/quote']

the difference is spending gradually helps the player coming in to gel with the rest instead of buying 10 knowns and putting them all together.

I have heard of Manchester, I know lots of City fans at the start of last season saying they win the title or top 4 blah balh

City can only sign good players, not top class and they all prob went for the money. Rumours Balotelli wants to go to AC Milan, Yaya wants to go back to Barcelona.

I said from the start, Man Utd and i am still 100% sure they will win it.

Can't believe you actually bother to have a debate with Talentsearcher every time Stuart:p

oh and Poborsky did not cost 10m. He cost around 3.5m. We've always done badly when we sign players off the back of good tournaments. Kleberson's a prime example.

Interesting read http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Can't believe you actually bother to have a debate with Talentsearcher every time Stuart:p

oh and Poborsky did not cost 10m. He cost around 3.5m. We've always done badly when we sign players off the back of good tournaments. Kleberson's a prime example.

Interesting read http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

that site does make good reading

since 92 til now Man city has still spent more then United, 120 mil more

so you money cant buy you trophies