Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

If Arsenal were to beat Wigan on Tuesday then the final day of the season would be so dull.

You get the end of season entertainment in the football league with Trotta's penalty miss and Coppinger's goal' date=' Knockaert's stoppage time goal to put Leicester in the playoffs, the twist and turns in the League 2 and Championship relegation battles both involving 7 teams and the drama in the Hull and Watford games in the battle for promotion to the Premier League. Then in the playoffs, already we've had a penalty that would send Leicester to the play off final missed closely followed by the goal to send Watford to the play off final, a thrilling 4-4 and penalty shoot out between Brentford and Swindon and a thrilling 5-4 between Bradford and Burton.

Then in the Premier League you could potentially have just two teams with anything notable to play for, Tottenham and Arsenal.

[b']The entertainment levels of the Premier League have been very disappointing this season.[/b]

Yeah but the teams aren't necessarily going to play to entertain and make it a thrilling campaign, everyone has one goal, and that's to win. I mean, obviously my team don't entertain at all being Stoke. But yanno, the Championship wasn't set out to be the way it was, it happened and to great effect and entertainment for the neutrals! It's just the way it is, it's a natural thing. Who wouldn't want more entertainment? Nobody, but we can't make it happen purposely. This is football.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Newcastle to go down as I said' date=' they have Arsenallastgame of the season and I can't see them winning that either, where as I think Wigan will pick up three points against Villa on the final day, quote me on it and I have and will stick by my word.

Obviously not happy to lose as a Stoke fan but I am delighted for Spurs, would love them to get in the Champions League ahead of Arsenal, they deserve it![/quote']

Well you were wrong thankfully :),I think we'll get something against Arsenal on the last day as well as hopefully they'll bottle it and Spurs can get into the top four.

Well you were wrong thankfully :)' date='I think we'll get something against Arsenal on the last day as well as hopefully they'll bottle it and Spurs can get into the top four.[/quote']

Good job Colloccini come back then, he is a class defender and would be sorely missed if he leaves next season! You have the quality, but injuries threatened you big time this season and the form of Cisse has been a huge let down in all fairness, shame to see it as well! I hope so too, I just feel like Spurs will keep their cool in these situations more than Arsenal.

Well you were wrong thankfully :)' date='I think we'll get something against Arsenal on the last day as well as hopefully they'll bottle it and Spurs can get into the top four.[/quote']

Well it would be best for the majority of real Arsenal fans, if Newcastle destroyed Arsenal next weekend by 2 or 3 goals to 0.

This is so therefore Kroenke wakes up, and pulls his finger on the money and makes signings, as well as Magpies and Spurs fans.

Basically the whole world is supporting Newcastle next sunday.

If Arsenal were to beat Wigan on Tuesday then the final day of the season would be so dull.

You get the end of season entertainment in the football league with Trotta's penalty miss and Coppinger's goal' date=' Knockaert's stoppage time goal to put Leicester in the playoffs, the twist and turns in the League 2 and Championship relegation battles both involving 7 teams and the drama in the Hull and Watford games in the battle for promotion to the Premier League. Then in the playoffs, already we've had a penalty that would send Leicester to the play off final missed closely followed by the goal to send Watford to the play off final, a thrilling 4-4 and penalty shoot out between Brentford and Swindon and a thrilling 5-4 between Bradford and Burton.

Then in the Premier League you could potentially have just two teams with anything notable to play for, Tottenham and Arsenal.

The entertainment levels of the Premier League have been very disappointing this season.[/quote']

Your the blooming reason it will be boring, should have let Wigan win on Tuesday and then guaranteed a all or oohing clash on the final day, so blame yourselves :)

The Championship ending was amazing and just literally seen the end to the Watford V Leicester play off game what an amazing amazing ending.

It just happens that way some seasons, can't have a Man City type ending every year.

no no no

Sunderland to lose and Wigan to win their next 2 games. Is a better outcome since they play Arsenal as well :D

So yesterday it was that Mancini is staying at Man City, & today he is all but gone.

Some interesting movements being spoken about:

Scenario One:

Mancini leaves City - Ranieri leaves Monaco - Mancini joins Monaco.

-Monaco do not believe Ranieri is the man to take them on the next part of their journey and have supposedly approached Mancini for the 2nd time.

Scenario Two:

Mancini leaves City - Ancelotti joins Real - Mancini joins PSG.

-Ancelotti is the current favourite to join Real when Mournho steps down, & PSG will be keen to fill the void quickly.

There could be more manager movement than player movement this summer! :P

So yesterday it was that Mancini is staying at Man City' date=' & today he is all but gone.

Scenario One:

-Monaco do not believe Ranieri is the man to take them on the next part of their journey and have supposedly approached Mancini for the 2nd time.

Scenario Two:

-Ancelotti is the current favourite to join Real when Mournho steps down, & PSG will be keen to fill the void quickly.

There could be more manager movement than player movement this summer! :P[/quote']

Current news are that Ancelotti is staying. Don't know of Ranieri. Maybe Mancini could do us all favor and drag Monaco misfortune of having Mancini for a manager. Ranieri and Ancelotti are both more apt anyway, so hard to imagine they would like that swap. All are proven managers in the European competitions, with Mancini differing from others by being proven awful.

So yesterday it was that Mancini is staying at Man City' date=' & today he is all but gone.

Scenario One:

Scenario Two:

There could be more manager movement than player movement this summer! :P[/quote']

Shame really.

One of the best managers that ever lived, Arsene Wenger stated it correct in his conference:

Stability is the key to maintaining respect, and retaining successes of trophies.

Simple as that. That's why Man Utd are the biggest club on the planet at the moment. Stability breeds security and confidence to everyone associated within a club.

This confidence gives the feeling a team can improve further, by improving they can go on to succeed, with the knowledge their club won't be hassled constantly under the spotlight by the media of manager movement due to idiotic management from owners/chairmen.B)

This is why Man City are considered, what they are considered to be by 90% of real football fans. ;)

I get it now' date=' Mancini is going Everton!

13th May 2012: Manchester City win the Premier League.

13th May 2013: Roberto Mancini sacked by Manchester City.

How times can change :D[/quote']

Get these Sheikhs out of football e.g. Man City, Malaga, PSG etc etc.

They are destroying the beautiful game, toying with fans, staff, players etc etc.

Man City will fully retain small club status and reputation, due to a baffoon like Mansour, who's most likely got yes-men baffoons alongside him.

Why the hell would you sack a league title, Fa Cup winning manager, for a small club who hasn't won anything in 40+ years previous???

Mancini was actually taking Man City from minature club status to mediocrity status which would have led to worldwide branded status', but the idiot directors proved fans like me correct tonight.

Hope Fergusons having a good laugh with a bottle of red right now.

I'm just hoping the next Man City manager isnt Benitez, as 95% Liverpool fans can take Benitez managing a huge rival for a season ok, but managing a plastic club would tarnish his reputation in my perspective.B)