Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

;2577348']hope he likes warming the bench..

what a waste.

I disagree.

Other than Yaya and Silva their midfield isn't that good IMO.

Agree with Ben, and I think Isco is exactly the type of player that they need tbh. A creative playmaker in the CAM role, a natural CAM. I think that will allow Toure to be a roaming CDM in the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Agree with Ben' date=' and I think Isco is exactly the type of player that they need tbh. A creative playmaker in the CAM role, a natural CAM. I think that will allow Toure to be a roaming CDM in the 4-2-3-1 formation.[/quote']

Which he isn't though. He is half CAM, half left winger. Most certainly not a natural CAM and most certainly not a creative playmaker.

The dude has 1 assist in 35 La Liga games this season btw.

Which he isn't though. He is half CAM' date=' half left winger. Most certainly not a natural CAM and most certainly not a creative playmaker.

The dude has 1 assist in 35 La Liga games this season btw.[/quote']

Interesting. But he is definitely a natural CAM, there is no doubting that. He has potential and he can obviously pass the ball. I watched him in the Champions League and everything good from Malaga went through him. I also think City will sign some sort of winger anyway tbh.

what a waste.

AGREE' date=' AGREE AGREE!!!

What a waste of a career.

What happened to the daily mirrors proposed move for Alcaron Isco, who was 'on the brink' of joining Borussia Dortmund??

Funny that. Daily Mirror.....

He is miles better than Barry, Milner, Rodwell, Garcia & Sinclair.

Well obviousslly!!!

How could Isco not be better then an Englishmen/someone from Benfica... :P;):D

What a waste of a career.

What happened to the daily mirrors proposed move for Alcaron Isco, who was 'on the brink' of joining Borussia Dortmund??

Funny that. Daily Mirror.....

Well obviousslly!!!

How could Isco not be better then an Englishmen/someone from Benfica... :P;):D[/quote']

I was stating the obvious on purpose.

EDIT - would be great if Dortmund got him after losing Gotze.

Interesting. But he is definitely a natural CAM' date=' there is no doubting that. He has potential and he can obviously pass the ball. I watched him in the Champions League and everything good from Malaga went through him. I also think City will sign some sort of winger anyway tbh.[/quote']

He has played his entire career half/half. That's not a natural CAM for me:

http://www.football-lineups.com/footballer/54348/??

Regarding the passing, the times I have watched him (which isn't every week admittedly) he has been average. Not bad but most certainly not breath-taking either. Just normal.

His stats read 84.7% accuracy (37th in La Liga) which is ok though for somebody who, assuming, tries to play a final ball.

However, he doesn't seem to do that thoughM his key passes and through ball numbers are really low. Tied 50th in key passes (1.2) and in no-mans land through ball wise, very low number (0.1 per game). And obviously only 1 assist which is astonishing.

Those are not exactly numbers I want my playmaker to have, which again, he isn't imo.

Doesn't really matter though, maybe we see more from him next season. Just wanted to back up my opinion, as to why he isn't a playmaker and why that role doesn't suit, with some facts.

What a waste of a career.[/quote']

Alright Jack, you know you are wrong when he agrees ;)

Isco will be benched as Barry will always hold a place in that for how horrible he is.

Dont you just hate it, when players are signed by headless directors, even before the new manager has even arrived?

Talk about demotivation at a small club. Couldn't have occured at a better moment in time....

He is miles better than Barry' date=' Milner, Rodwell, Garcia & Sinclair.[/quote']
Agree with Ben' date=' and I think Isco is exactly the type of player that they need tbh. A creative playmaker in the CAM role, a natural CAM. I think that will allow Toure to be a roaming CDM in the 4-2-3-1 formation.[/quote']

Isco's position (AM or Left attacking mid/wing) will be contested by Tevez, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Toure if/when they play him advanced & Milner

bar Nasri, he wont take place over the rest automatically...

never knew Barry/Rodwell/Garcia played LW or AM? Sinclair is a cup player, Milner can play both flanks.

Toure never will have license to roam at DM as City are too top heavy attacking wise...

what a waste.

To be fair, who would play ahead of him? Nasri, MILNER?! Maybe he'd have struggled to get in the team when Nasri was good but I think he'd probably be one of their best players.

To be honest' date=' I didn't believed BVB in frame for him. Too expensive.

So, who's on the odds for City job now other than Pellegrini?[/quote']

I did.

On your other note, are there any managers left apart from Benitez available?

Every top manager was rejecting Chelsea left right centre silly, and they were becoming a slight laughing stock 3-4 month ago, and now Man City are searching.

There's nobody out there apart from maybe Benitez to take the job.

Possibly David O'leary. Cannot think of anymore. Nobody of a big status will want to touch the position.B)

Isco waste? :eek::o

It is a great deal for both player and the club, City a team that evidently lacked wide play this season, and young lad Isco who will only grow under the guidance of Silva and co. Anyone thinking the lad will be benched is deluded. He's not Scott Sinclair nor are City Real Madrid.

;2577390']Isco's position (AM or Left attacking mid/wing) will be contested by Tevez' date=' Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Toure if/when they play him advanced & Milner

bar Nasri, he wont take place over the rest automatically...

never knew Barry/Rodwell/Garcia played LW or AM? Sinclair is a cup player, Milner can play both flanks.

Toure never will have license to roam at DM as City are too top heavy attacking wise...[/quote']

Tevez will leave this summer in my eyes anyway, and Nasri could leave too, depending on what the new boss wants and see's he needs in the club. He might get rid of the deadwood etc and might not like Barry in the side, who knows? But James Milner for me has been City's best player this year in all honesty, outfield that is meaning Midfielders/Strikers, and if you deny that, you don't watch the Premier League very much.

Tevez will leave this summer in my eyes anyway' date=' and Nasri could leave too, depending on what the new boss wants and see's he needs in the club. He might get rid of the deadwood etc and might not like Barry in the side, who knows? But James Milner for me has been City's best player this year in all honesty, outfield that is meaning Midfielders/Strikers, and if you deny that, you don't watch the Premier League very much.[/quote']

Completely agree with the sentiment of this ^

A new manager will want to put his stamp on the side and, now, will have all summer to do so. Players will undoubtedly leave and some will come in; some we'll expect and some we won't.

City certainly isn't a dumping ground for youth though. If they're good enough then they'll play; just look at Nastasic, and Hart a few years ago.

Isco waste? :eek::o

It is a great deal for both player and the club' date=' City a team that evidently lacked wide play this season, and young lad Isco who will only grow under the guidance of Silva and co. Anyone thinking the lad will be benched is deluded. He's not Scott Sinclair nor are City Real Madrid.[/quote']

1 - What ambition does Isco show, if he was to join Man City?

2 - Man City buy to populate, not buy to win. That's the difference between City and Utd. Utd look to strengthen in key areas e.g. Zaha, where as City flash cash at any new kid on the block, regardless of where they need strenghtening e.g. CF.

3 - Man City aren't Real Madrid, and neither will they ever come close.

The sacking of Mancini epitomises what a joke of a club, Man City are becoming due to such poor management.

I feel for the Man City fans, as Arsene Wenger said earlier.

Tevez will leave this summer in my eyes anyway' date=' and Nasri could leave too, depending on what the new boss wants and see's he needs in the club. He might get rid of the deadwood etc and might not like Barry in the side, who knows? But James Milner for me has been City's best player this year in all honesty, outfield that is meaning Midfielders/Strikers, and if you deny that, you don't watch the Premier League very much.[/quote']

Mate, who's gunna want to purchase/afford Tevez or Nasri?

Tevez isnt affordable in the South Americas, and nobody in the UK wants Nasri.

Man City would be lucky to shift 1 player out of the club on a big contract - huge costs going to incur at City soon enough.

1 - What ambition does Isco show' date=' if he was to join Man City?

2 - Man City buy to populate, not buy to win. That's the difference between City and Utd. Utd look to strengthen in key areas e.g. Zaha, where as City flash cash at any new kid on the block, regardless of where they need strenghtening e.g. CF.

3 - Man City aren't Real Madrid, and neither will they ever come close.

The sacking of Mancini epitomises what a joke of a club, Man City are becoming due to such poor management.

I feel for the Man City fans, as Arsene Wenger said earlier.

[/quote']

1 - You make it sound like he's joining Plymouth Argyle

2 - Buy to populate? What the hell does that even mean? In this case they clearly need strengthening

3 - Yes you're right, but what's your point?

Mate' date=' who's gunna want to purchase/afford Tevez or Nasri?

Tevez isnt affordable in the South Americas, and nobody in the UK wants Nasri.

Man City would be lucky to shift 1 player out of the club on a big contract - huge costs going to incur at City soon enough.[/quote']

Monaco, PSG. They both fit their transfer criteria. I don't think I need to say more, because there's no doubting these two clubs would most likely be in for them if any, and they can most definitely afford them at that.

1 - You make it sound like he's joining Plymouth Argyle

2 - Buy to populate? What the hell does that even mean? In this case they clearly need strengthening

3 - Yes you're right' date=' but what's your point?[/quote']

1 - Man City won't win a single trophy again at this rate. They lack ambition by sacking a top manager. They have no chance of getting a decent manager in.

Who would want to touch the City job...unless Benitez is looking for another 1 season big pay off haha.:D:D

2 - Buy to populate - i meant they uneccessary purchase any player to bolster the squad, and not the quality of the team i.e. hogging lots of players to weaken opposition. Something dirty Real used to do ;)

3 - The point is..... well, Isco could easily join a much more enhanced, prestigious club. Anyone who wants to join the circus right now, has the ambition of Audley Harrison, or just has dollar signs in their eyes. Simple as that. B)

Monaco' date=' PSG. They both fit their transfer criteria. I don't think I need to say more, because there's no doubting these two clubs would most likely be in for them if any, and they can most definitely afford them at that.[/quote']

Agree on Monaco with you, disagree with PSG. If PSG could easily get Lamela, Isco, Herrera, etc who are all much better, then Nasri would definiately no even be on the agenda there. Especially with Beckham staying on for another year.