Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Agree on Monaco with you' date=' disagree with PSG. If PSG could easily get Lamela, Isco, Herrera, etc who are all much better, then Nasri would definiately no even be on the agenda there. Especially with Beckham staying on for another year.[/quote']

I did say, that Nasri and Tevez fit the PSG transfer criteria as the reason why they would want them. Nasri is a Frenchy, so he would mould the Nation of the club and represent it on that scale. Isco won't be going to PSG, Herrera has been a let down last season but Lamela? Possibly yes. Tevez, I can see moving to Monaco anyway if anywhere, and he has already been linked with the move. So we shall see.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

1 - Man City won't win a single trophy again at this rate. They lack ambition by sacking a top manager. They have no chance of getting a decent manager in.

Who would want to touch the City job...unless Benitez is looking for another 1 season big pay off haha.:D:D

2 - Buy to populate - i meant they uneccessary purchase any player to bolster the squad' date=' and not the quality of the team i.e. hogging lots of players to weaken opposition. Something dirty Real used to do ;)

3 - The point is..... well, Isco could easily join a much more enhanced, prestigious club. Anyone who wants to join the circus right now, has the ambition of Audley Harrison, or just has dollar signs in their eyes. Simple as that. B)

[/quote']

1: The whole squad was in turmoil at times this season, and Mancini didn't look like the man that could take care of things. Expectations are pretty high from the Sheikh mansour as you would imagine, when the man has invested so much of his fortune in the club, he wants to see immediate success that lasts, he will not play a patient game with Mancini nor any other manager I would imagine. Believe me most managers out of job would jump at opportunity to manage City so that's hardly an issue for them.

2. Yes they do buy a lot, but rather than Real, they do rotate them throughout the season. The only one who didn't get a look in this season is Scott Sinclair. Although I may add Richard Wright, the signing which was really baffling :P

3. The move I think will be mostly due to Pellegrini right? I'm sure they would have/will discuss this together as well as with City officials and Isco would himself decide if It's the move he wants to make. If he gets regular game time, under the coach he likes, with quality players around him, I can think of few more clubs he could realistically join and be happy at.

P.S It's much more pleasant to have a discussion with you, now that you've dropped the silly German character role play :D;)

Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini is the 1/3 favourite with Sky Bet to be the next Manchester City manager after Roberto Mancini's sacking was confirmed late on Monday night.

The Chilean has denied a deal is already in place for him to take the City job but speculation is rife he will be the man arriving at the Etihad Stadium.

"Today, I deny I am going to be the new manager of Manchester City,"

Pellegrini said on Sunday night.

"I have not signed an agreement with anyone, not with Manchester City, not with Roma, not with Napoli, not with PSG, not with any of the clubs who have been mentioned.

"In the next few days I hope to clarify a bit what the future will be here in the club."

Jose Mourinho is next in the betting at 7/1 and the Real Madrid chief was getting a lot of attention in the market before Mancini's departure was officially confirmed.

Carlo Ancelotti is available at 8/1 to make a return to the Premier League.

The PSG coach has recently been linked with Mourinho's job at Real Madrid, with his current's club's president, Nasser al-Khelaifi, claiming an approach has been rejected.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez are the next two contenders. They can be backed at 20/1 and 25/1, respectively.

Source ; Sky Sports :)

1: The whole squad was in turmoil at times this season' date=' and Mancini didn't look like the man that could take care of things. Expectations are pretty high from the Sheikh mansour as you would imagine, when the man has invested so much of his fortune in the club, he wants to see immediate success that lasts, he will not play a patient game with Mancini nor any other manager I would imagine. Believe me most managers out of job would jump at opportunity to manage City so that's hardly an issue for them.

2. Yes they do buy a lot, but rather than Real, they do rotate them throughout the season. The only one who didn't get a look in this season is Scott Sinclair. Although I may add Richard Wright, the signing which was really baffling :P

3. The move I think will be mostly due to Pellegrini right? I'm sure they would have/will discuss this together as well as with City officials and Isco would himself decide if It's the move he wants to make. If he gets regular game time, under the coach he likes, with quality players around him, I can think of few more clubs he could realistically join and be happy at.

P.S It's much more pleasant to have a discussion with you, now that you've dropped the silly German character role play :D;)[/quote']

1 - Those expectations will keep Man City in the dungeons and dark ages.

Man Utd looked like they were in turmoil last season, in 1989, in 1995, in 1998, in 2002, in 2004, in 2005, etc etc, and even in the recent years, not once have the glazers sacked Ferguson, neither has Kroenke/Usmanov/former shareholders at Arsenal sacked Wenger.

Thats what seperates the best from the rest.

95% of managers cannot create immediate success within 2-3 years, unless their someone like Benitez or Mourinho.

- On your manager note, apart from Benitez, O'Learly and Curbishley, name an unemployed manager who would take the job, and someone Man City would consider.. lol i did and there's nobody out there.

2 - Rotating so many personalties creates the friction in the first place. It's best the majority of subs are of the youth academy or reserves.

Too many characters can be venom to a club.

Real are the club who set the modern day trend of sacking managers willy nilly left, right, centre. They have sacked top managers e.g. Heynckes, Capelli, Pellegrini etc in the past who did magnificent.

Now Real stand millions in debt, a poor structure, and relying on huge biased TV income to save them each season - City dont have the TV Income luxury, as rarely anyone in the UK wants to watch 10% of their season matches.

3 - Pellegrini is by far a done deal. Isco is also just a rumour at this point. Pellegrini i don't believe would leave Malaga for Man City. UCL QF's vs UCL strugglers? I know which one i'd stick to, especially if Pellegrini is offered to join on a similar salary at Malaga.

P.S - what the hell are you on about? German role play? Does this look like a drama session? I genuinely really don't have a clue what your P.S. bit meant.

Malaga coach Manuel Pellegrini is the 1/3 favourite with Sky Bet to be the next Manchester City manager after Roberto Mancini's sacking was confirmed late on Monday night.

The Chilean has denied a deal is already in place for him to take the City job but speculation is rife he will be the man arriving at the Etihad Stadium.

"Today' date=' I deny I am going to be the new manager of Manchester City,"

Pellegrini said on Sunday night.

"I have not signed an agreement with anyone, not with Manchester City, not with Roma, not with Napoli, not with PSG, not with any of the clubs who have been mentioned.

"In the next few days I hope to clarify a bit what the future will be here in the club."

Jose Mourinho is next in the betting at 7/1 and the Real Madrid chief was getting a lot of attention in the market before Mancini's departure was officially confirmed.

Carlo Ancelotti is available at 8/1 to make a return to the Premier League.

The PSG coach has recently been linked with Mourinho's job at Real Madrid, with his current's club's president, Nasser al-Khelaifi, claiming an approach has been rejected.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez are the next two contenders. They can be backed at 20/1 and 25/1, respectively.

Source ; Sky Sports :)[/quote']

Pellegrini denied talks. Ancelotti is to remain at PSG.

Why what be the motive for either to leave? In my goggles, they are both at bigger clubs, on big salaries, succeeding well.

What more could either want.

Although Pellegrini is being slaughtered by Valencia to 4th spot.

Mourinho is a decent shout, but he will join Chelsea in my goggles once again.

The last bit is laughable really haha. Brendan Rodgers to Man City? hahahaha :D:D

Rafael Benitez is my money. He wishes to remain in England, he's the only top top boss that would take the job, and he wants to win the premier league title.

Unless as you say, Rodgers joined City and Benitez rejoined Liverpool. <- this scenario is quite realistic actually.B)

Rumoured details from 'the split':

Roberto Mancini will be handed a minimum £7.5 million pay-off as Manchester City execute an extensive cull of their former manager’s backroom staff.

At least 10 members of the club’s existing coaching staff are to be axed following a comprehensive review of the coaching operations at Etihad Stadium.

The exodus is set to be headed by first-team coach David Platt and the extended Italian entourage that includes Under-21s manager Attilio Lombardo, senior coach Fausto Salsano, fitness coach Ivan Carminati, goalkeeping coach Massimo Battara and defensive coach Angelo Gregucci.

The City sacking programme, which is believed to have been led by sporting director Txiki Begiristain, has been broadened to include coaches further down the coaching chain.

Goal.com understands that long-time City servants who work with the academy players Jim Cassell and Paul Power, along with Under-18s coach Adam Sadler, were all dismissed on Monday with immediate effect. Pete Lowe, the head of education and coaching, is also facing the axe.

However, Mancini’s No 2 Brian Kidd, who will take caretaker charge of the City team for the final two matches of the season, including Tuesday’s trip to Reading, is expected to remain with the club under the regime of the new manager.

Sources have said one possibility is that the popular 63-year-old takes on a senior role working with the academy at the Etihad Stadium campus.

Begiristain is understood to have been the driving force for the coaching overhaul following a root and branch review of the club’s backroom set-up since he joined City last October.

Mancini had four years remaining on his contract but the former Inter Milan manager’s pay-off will be limited to 12 months’ salary should he get another job immediately.

Under the severance terms of the five-year contract he signed last summer, Mancini is set to receive an initial sum of £7.5m, which will be topped up for every month that he is out of work.

The 48-year-old is a target for super-rich French club Monaco, as well as Italian club Napoli.

Platt is also expected to receive a vast settlement figure if, as expected, he follows Mancini out of the exit door. The former England midfielder’s City salary is understood to be around £900,000-a-year.

souce-goal.com

Wayward teenager Sean McGinty has the notoriety of being the last Manchester United player shown the door at Old Trafford by manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Irish defender McGinty, who cost United about £1million when signed as a hugely promising 16-year-old from Charlton’s academy, had his contract ‘terminated by mutual consent’ after a showdown with the Scot.

This followed McGinty, 19, being sent back from a loan period with Tranmere last month after a serious breach of club discipline, with the player not turning up for training.

might pop up in a future quiz :P:D

CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT .. I hate Mike Dean more than I hate Tottenham. And that says a lot. We must have won 1 in the last 20 in him in charge. Go back to my post about a week ago when I found out he's going to referee our match. Bald...

Mike Dean is one of the cleanest referees on the planet (Excluding him picking his nose).:D

But none come close, when it comes to refeering, when Andre Marriner is in the building.B)

Terrible reffing' date=' no playing advantage no.....................[/quote']

Espinoza and McCarthy had completely stopped running by the time Ramsey got to the ball which is why it appeared that you were away, but the whistle was pretty clear which is why the stopped and I don't think there was any advantage.