Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

So glad that cheating vile scum have gone down,no fluky survival this time around and I hope to never see them back in this division again,hopefully they won't try to break any more legs in two on the way down :rolleyes:.

Hope Mcmanaman is out for a long time,the least he deserves for what he tried to do against Haidara.

:(

At least they've gone out with something to look back on and something to look forward to next season! The Europa League, Community Shield and you'd have to label them as one of the favourites for promotion. Still, I'm sure it won't take much of the sting out of the tail for Wigan fans right now.

So glad that cheating vile scum have gone down' date='no fluky survival this time around and I hope to never see them back in this division again,hopefully they won't try to break any more legs in two on the way down :rolleyes:.

Hope Mcmanaman is out for a long time,the least he deserves for what he tried to do against Haidara.[/quote']

Mcmanaman was a poor tackle, but he was a debuting enthusiastic tackle, poor yea, but just a mistake, so get off the lads back. Newcastle are just as bad as anyone bar stoke. Maybe not this year cause its all French nancies, but Newcastle were always a brutish northern club.

So glad that cheating vile scum have gone down' date='no fluky survival this time around and I hope to never see them back in this division again,hopefully they won't try to break any more legs in two on the way down :rolleyes:.

Hope Mcmanaman is out for a long time,the least he deserves for what he tried to do against Haidara.[/quote']

And comments like that prove that you are no better than any of that "scum" you talk about...

Disgusting

:(

At least they've gone out with something to look back on and something to look forward to next season! The Europa League' date=' Community Shield and you'd have to label them as one of the favourites for promotion. Still, I'm sure it won't take much of the sting out of the tail for Wigan fans right now.[/quote']

I don't think there be to disappointed at the end of the day a club of there size has punched above it's wait for 8 seasons now, there be in a brilliant position to bounce back up, plus there be getting to watch a extra 8 games at least next season in a much more unpredictable and in some way entertaining league!

I heard someone put it well the other day if you had the choice of Winning the Fa Cup and getting relegated or lose and Stay up, A club such as Wigan should take the first who's to say there ever get to another Wembley cup final let alone win where as there be favorites to return to the prem next season! :)

Edit: what a ridiculous comment about McManaman he made a mistake for god sake like everyone does, he left the pitch in tears he clearly regretted what happened.

And comments like that prove that you are no better than any of that "scum" you talk about...

Disgusting

I know it is disgusting but that's how I feel,I've never wished injury on a player but if he is injured then after trying to break a leg then I find karma has worked it's magic,Anyway the time any of our players tried to deliberately break a players leg in two was?.

I don't think there be to disappointed at the end of the day a club of there size has punched above it's wait for 8 seasons now' date=' there be in a brilliant position to bounce back up, plus there be getting to watch a extra 8 games at least next season in a much more unpredictable and in some way entertaining league!

I heard someone put it well the other day if you had the choice of Winning the Fa Cup and getting relegated or lose and Stay up, A club such as Wigan should take the first who's to say there ever get to another Wembley cup final let alone win where as there be favorites to return to the prem next season! :)[/quote']

Everton have only ever won one trophy in my life time and I would rather stayup than win the FA Cup, especially with the new tv deal.

I know it is disgusting but that's how I feel' date='I've never wished injury on a player but if he is injured then after trying to break a leg then I find karma has worked it's magic,Anyway the time any of our players tried to deliberately break a players leg in two was?.[/quote']

I don't think he deliberately tried to brake his leg.

And the time any of our players tried to deliberately break a players leg in two was?.

What has that got to do with you hoping that a fellow Human being is injured badly. I am sure if I bothered to look it up I could find plenty of Newcastle indiscretions

Not to mention you label there entire club as scum because one guy makes a bad tackle, so you tarnish the whole club as "scum"yeh that sounds rational don't it :rolleyes:

I don't for a minute think Mcmanaman went in to "do him" it wasa poor tackle and he should have been banned but I don't think he went in to the tackle with the intention of doing Haidara any harm.

He made a mistake so you want him physically harmed as a act of retribution.....classy

What has that got to do with you hoping that a fellow Human being is injured badly. I am sure if I bothered to look it up I could find plenty of Newcastle indiscretions

Not to mention you label there entire club as scum because one guy makes a bad tackle' date=' so you tarnish the whole club as "scum"yeh that sounds rational don't it :rolleyes:

I don't for a minute think Mcmanaman went in to "do him" it wasa poor tackle and he should have been banned but I don't think he went in to the tackle with the intention of doing Haidara any harm.

He made a mistake so you want him physically harmed as a act of retribution.....classy[/quote']

Precisely, 1 man's actions don't portray a whole club and justify wishing them ill karma, Wigan I find are a fair and fun side, never play hard dirty styles afaik. Mcmanaman was an accidental tackle he was deeply sorry about, in his first game. Its people like that that get Geordie fans a bad rmm ep.

Not to mention you label there entire club as scum because one guy makes a bad tackle' date=' so you tarnish the whole club as "scum"yeh that sounds rational don't it :rolleyes:

He made a mistake so you want him physically harmed as a act of retribution.....classy[/quote']

I call them scum because of the way Martinez and Whelan reacted after the tackle,none of them even had apologised to the poor kid,and we'll have to disagree but you don't try and tackle someone's kneecap like he did without trying to break a leg IMO.

And I just find it ironic his injured now,I meant I hope his injured for a long time in a slightly sarcastic tone but that probably didn't come across well at all,in all seriousness though I'm delighted Wigan are down,long overdue :).

Shame Wigan have gone down' date=' I enjoy going to Wigan away.[/quote']

I agree I like Wigan and they add a lot more to the League than many of the teams who have stayed up in this relegation fight.

Be surprised if they come straight back up would imagine the likes of McCarthy,Kone, Maloney will all be off.

As will the manager. Still been a great journey and a fairy tale story and they have Always got that day to look back on.

Hope jitney come back up but think it is going to be very difficult.

Out of order and classless. Was a bad tackle but wishing bad injuries on players is pretty disgusting. Would be an awful shame for the lad if he was out for a while the day he got called up to England's U21s

So glad we don't go into Sunday needing a result. I don't think I could've survived a last day shootout at Wigan. We need to look forward now to next season

UTV!