Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I call them scum because of the way Martinez and Whelan reacted after the tackle' date='none of them even had apologised to the poor kid,and we'll have to disagree but you don't try and tackle someone's kneecap like he did without trying to break a leg IMO.

And I just find it ironic his injured now,I meant I hope his injured for a long time in a slightly sarcastic tone but that probably didn't come across well at all,in all seriousness though I'm delighted Wigan are down,long overdue :).[/quote']

Vitoer-Anichebe-Kevin-Nol-001.jpg

32807.jpg

SPEARING.png

So glad that cheating vile scum have gone down' date='no fluky survival this time around and I hope to never see them back in this division again,hopefully they won't try to break any more legs in two on the way down :rolleyes:.

Hope Mcmanaman is out for a long time,the least he deserves for what he tried to do against Haidara.[/quote']

One tackle by a player and the whole club is a cheating vile scum.

I wonder what that makes Newcastle look like with the likes of Tiote playing for them :rolleyes:

Sad to see Wigan go down they always brought the extra bit of drama. And played enjoyable football unlike many others still in the Premiership.

First FA Cup winner to get relegated from top flight in the same season.

Anyone trying to put cheeky bet on Wigan winning UEL and relegated to League One next season? :P

Wigan will be promoted next season anyway. No chance of being relegated' date=' whilst they have the hottest CM property on the planet, James McCarthy around, along with Mcmanaman, Maloney, Di Santo and Kone.

They just need Figueroa back ASAP, same as a fully fit Alcaraz, and a couple of new signings at the back to improve.

So glad that cheating vile scum have gone down,no fluky survival this time around and I hope to never see them back in this division again,hopefully they won't try to break any more legs in two on the way down :rolleyes:.

Hope Mcmanaman is out for a long time,the least he deserves for what he tried to do against Haidara.

One tackle doesn't make a career, goals, trophies and successes do for a FWD.

Mcmanaman has more trophies then Newcastle as a club, due to his desire to succeed.

At least Wigan are doing their part, to bring young British and Irish players through the ranks.

:(

At least they've gone out with something to look back on and something to look forward to next season! The Europa League' date=' Community Shield and you'd have to label them as one of the favourites for promotion. Still, I'm sure it won't take much of the sting out of the tail for Wigan fans right now.[/quote']

^^ I agree very much mate.

I know it is disgusting but that's how I feel' date='I've never wished injury on a player but if he is injured then after trying to break a leg then I find karma has worked it's magic,Anyway the time any of our players tried to deliberately break a players leg in two was?.[/quote']

Roy Keane ployed the tactic, and he won endless trophies.

It's a tactic to be revered, nevertheless a tactic feared, by opposition players.

Might be dirty, but it's a strategy that brings success e.g. Vinnie Jones, Stam, Wise, Hyypia, Keane, Viera etc etc etc.

Newcaslte MF's just don't have the same hunger and desire to win.

This is reflected through their current league position, and previous predicaments, when being relegated a few seasons back.B)

Shame Wigan have gone down' date=' I enjoy going to Wigan away.[/quote']

The whole world enjoys watching Wigan, let alone Everton.

A lot of overseas as well as domestic punters tune into the Barclays Prem, simply to watch and admire the small timers Wigan Athletic have a right good go.:P

Wigan will be promoted next season anyway. No chance of being relegated' date=' whilst they have the hottest CM property on the planet, James McCarthy around, along with Mcmanaman, Maloney, Di Santo and Kone.

They just need Figueroa back ASAP, same as a fully fit Alcaraz, and a couple of new signings at the back to improve. [/quote']

Well, if McCarthy is hottest CM in the world then he'll move surely :rolleyes:

Also could imagine McManaman and Kone will get a transfer too.

Well' date=' if McCarthy is hottest CM in the world then he'll move surely :rolleyes:

Also could imagine McManaman and Kone will get a transfer too.[/quote']

I hope so.

The papers have Liverpool and Man Utd as front runners for McCarthy's services, and it's no secret the boy supports Liverpool.;)

Liverpool have also always liked the name Mcmanaman, so you never know. :D

I could only see one way this goes, if giants Liverpool come in with a hefty £6-8m deal, which would be such significant cash to Whelan and Martinez to drive Wigan forward as a club.B)

This time' date=' it is Angelina Jolie's hooters that are gone. Unarguably the biggest loss world has suffered coincidentally with Ramsey scoring.[/quote']

You could say that the 'curse' has now turned on its head too, as there is speculation that Beyonce is pregnant again. Maybe Ramsey scoring now creates life instead of taking it away... :P

(It also depends on how you interpret 'Ramsey scoring' :D).

See, here the post that was "corrected" by adding Chelsea to it:

They don't have a Europa League play off' date=' they got straight in to the group stages. Arsenal/Spurs will be in the play off qualifier.[/quote']

And even without that confirmed here, Wigan, that was the discussed "they", are certainly also not going to go straight to the CL group stages.

I was reading that if Chelsea draw 0-0 and Arsenal win 2-1 on the last day there will be a 3rd place play-off' date=' is this true or just another social media nonsense talk?[/quote']
True - most likely a one-off fixture between the clubs although 2 legs is possible.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10058040/Arsenal-and-Chelsea-may-have-to-play-off-for-third-place-in-Premier-League-if-points-finish-equal.html

See' date=' here the post that was "corrected" by adding Chelsea to it:

And even without that confirmed here, Wigan, that was the discussed "they", are certainly also not going to go straight to the CL group stages.[/quote']

My mistake he meant the cup spots were group stage and 5th is EL qualifier, I read it as him talking about the CL group stages for 4th. And I guess he was right, albeit a gargantuan effort for Chelsea to have a 16 goal swing.

True - most likely a one-off fixture between the clubs although 2 legs is possible.

I got it that it would be just one. That would be an exciting end for the season.

Obviously, other similar scenarios, like Chelsea drawing 1-1 and Arsenal winning 3-2 would have the same effect. What matters is that Arsenal wins by one, Chelsea draws, and Arsenal scores two more goals than Chelsea.

I got it that it would be just one. That would be an exciting end for the season.

It would be if they were playing for something very significant i.e Title, CL place or relegation, but seeing as it would merely be a who enters the CL 'play-off' it does take the gloss off the potential somewhat.

It would be if they were playing for something very significant i.e Title' date=' CL place or relegation, but seeing as it would merely be a who enters the CL 'play-off' it does take the gloss off the potential somewhat.[/quote']

Well, obviously that's not a title, but in fact they are playing for a place in CL. The other team would not yet be qualified, it will still have to clear the play off or it goes to EL. Between knowing you will play CL and having to prepare to it while not having certainty about it, is a big difference. Perhaps it is a less big difference for these free to spend EPL sides, but for example, in France Garcia once said that the 3rd place is the worst, because you have to build your squad for CL and you might not even get there in the end, which means that you have a too expensive team in your hands for a season without CL. Maybe not a matter for Chelsea, but I'd imagine that they sweat on it at Arsenal's end.

Of course, both teams are very likely to win in play offs, seen that they would be seeded and probably play against some less impressive Danish or Slovakian side.

In any case, finishing a season with a one leg play off between two top teams gives the season some extra excitement. It would be a very interesting match to watch.

Chelsea is secure unless Everton and Spurs win by combined 16+ goals.

We were talking about the preliminary rounds. Chelsea could still have to play a preliminary round if they draw and we win by 2 goals.

His post wasn't very clear, he could be talking about either the Europa league or the CL.

We were talking about the preliminary rounds. Chelsea could still have to play a preliminary round if they draw and we win by 2 goals.

His post wasn't very clear' date=' he could be talking about either the Europa league or the CL.[/quote']

His post explicitly mentioned European League playoffs and was response to a post about Wigan playing them. It could not have been more clear.

I have quoted the post you "corrected" in the post #10893