Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

His post explicitly mentioned European League playoffs and was response to a post about Wigan playing them. It could not have been more clear.

I have quoted the post you "corrected" in the post #10893

Considering I wasn't the only one who was confused by it, then it clearly wasnt clear enough. Be it your way if it makes you happy.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Considering I wasn't the only one who was confused by it' date=' then it clearly wasnt clear enough. Be it your way if it makes you happy.[/quote']

Are you serious? Because one other person was first confused with it, not improbably because of your "correction", and already admitted that he was wrong, you feel you are entitled to conclude that it is writer's fault and not yours that you cannot read correctly a message that has the following content:

Wigan will not play EL playoffs, they go directly to the group stage. Arsenal or Spurs will take the playoffs.

What is so hard to understand about it? First, he explicitly talks about Europa League, not Champions League. Explicitly. That already should leave no questions. But not only that, he also talks about Wigan that is entitled, as a cup winner, to Europa League, not to Champions League. Maybe if you were unaware of that, but again, in the context of a Premier League thread one can assume that everybody know at least roughly to which European competition the English clubs are entitled by their success in domestic competitions. And finally, after that he correctly tells that it is either Spurs or Arsenal that will play the playoffs in Wigan's stead. This was the news, as even a EPL club's fan might well be unaware of the particular stage where 5th placed team enters the EL, but it was nevertheless correct.

Now, tell me, what was so hard to understand in his message. Explicate your claim of it being confusing a bit: how exactly can you get that message wrong? What parts of that post were in themselves confused? How is it, in particular, possible to understand it so that he talked about CL? Forget about how anybody else could have got it and instead tell me how you, just you personally, are able to read him talking about CL. Explain this to me. And if unable, then just admit you are wrong. And I mean, really admit it and stop with that "if it makes you happy" rubbish. If you are a man, or a woman, and not a little kid, then defend your claim or accept your failure fairly.

Considering I wasn't the only one who was confused by it' date=' then it clearly wasnt clear enough. Be it your way if it makes you happy.[/quote']
Are you serious? Because one other person was first confused with it' date=' not unprobably because of your "correction", and already admitted that he was wrong, you feel you are entitled to conclude that it is writer's fault and not yours that you cannot read correctly a message that has the following content:

[b']Wigan[/b] will not play EL playoffs, they go directly to the group stage. Arsenal or Spurs will take the playoffs.

What is so hard to understand about it? First, he explicitly talks about Europa League, not Champions League. Explicitly. That already should leave no questions. But not only that, he also talks about Wigan that is entitled, as a cup winner, to Europa League, not to Champions League. Maybe if you were unaware of that, but again, in the context of a Premier League thread one can assume that everybody know at least roughly to which European competition the English clubs are entitled by their success in domestic competitions. And finally, after that he correctly tells that it is either Spurs or Arsenal that will play the playoffs in Wigan's stead. This was the news, as even a EPL club's fan might well be unaware of the particular stage where 5th placed team enters the EL, but it was nevertheless correct.

Now, tell me, what was so hard to understand in his message. Explicate your claim of it being confusing a bit: how exactly can you get that message wrong? What parts of that post were in themselves confused? How is it, in particular, possible to understand it so that he talked about CL? Forget about how anybody else could have got it and instead tell me how you, just you personally, are able to read him talking about CL. Explain this to me. And if unable, then just admit you are wrong. And I mean, really admit it and stop with that "if it makes you happy" rubbish. If you are a man, or a woman, and not a little kid, then defend your claim or accept your failure fairly.

Really feel you need to get Jonathan Pearce commentating on this debate 'robot wars' style:p

Really feel you need to get Jonathan Pearce commentating on this debate 'robot wars' style:p

Unfortunately, I have no idea who Jonathan Pearce is, nor what are 'robot wars', so your joke goes waste on me. But I guess you'll have better luck with other readers.

Now a Match of the day commentator:o

Oh. My. Jesus. I couldn't listen to that for more than about 10-15 seconds. Perhaps after some beers that is funny, but wouldn't like to spoil my football watching with that soundtrack.

Re-listened, perhaps that is marginally supportable. It is not simply that he is over-excited, but he makes awful, irritating noise. Still don't understand the 'robot wars' reference though.

Oh. My. Jesus. I couldn't listen to that for more than about 10-15 seconds. Perhaps after some beers that is funny' date=' but wouldn't like to spoil my football watching with that soundtrack.

Re-listened, perhaps that is marginally supportable. It is not simply that he is over-excited, but he makes awful, irritating noise. Still don't understand the 'robot wars' reference though.[/quote']

He first came to prominence in a English TV programme called 'Robot wars' (blokes made robot cars to smash the others up - have a google) and then brought his 'eccentric' stlye to Channel 5 screaming at the merest hint of a throw in:D

Quite entertaining after you get used to it.

In other news Loic Remy has been arrested on suspicion of rape. Current reports are not stating if Luis Suarez was at the scene at the time.

Are you serious? Because one other person was first confused with it' date=' not improbably because of your "correction", and already admitted that he was wrong, you feel you are entitled to conclude that it is writer's fault and not yours that you cannot read correctly a message that has the following content:

[b']Wigan[/b] will not play EL playoffs, they go directly to the group stage. Arsenal or Spurs will take the playoffs.

Have you wrote that entire thing for a little misunderstanding ? I honestly didn't even bother reading the whole thing, I got bored half way trough it. You my friend have serious problems. Relax a small bit.

Finish 5th or get knocked out in the playoff's and you will be. Entirely feasible considering you are unlikely to win at St James.

Which is why the third place playoff would be so exciting. On another note, what makes you think Newcastle is in any way likely to get points against Arsenal? I'm seriously interested in this, because that goes strongly against the bookies, which means that if you have some serious insight on this, there is some good money to be made on it.

Have you wrote that entire thing for a little misunderstanding ? I honestly didn't even bother reading the whole thing' date=' I got bored half way trough it. You my friend have serious problems. Relax a small bit.[/quote']

So, you still cannot deal with your failures, but instead try to switch subject and go to ad hominem.

I wrote the whole thing for your annoying "if it makes you happy" pose of a pathetic loser. That gets to my nerves, I hate that lazy, backbone-lacking loser attitude that you epitomize.

So' date=' you still cannot deal with your failures, but instead try to switch subject and go to ad hominem.

I wrote the whole thing for your annoying "if it makes you happy" pose of a pathetic loser. That gets to my nerves, I hate that lazy, backbone-lacking loser attitude that you epitomize.[/quote']

Jesus Chris :eek:. Is this what you do all day? On the forum the whole day to spot every single little mistake someone makes? I quite clearly mentioned that it was a misunderstanding and it could have been made by anyone, just like someone else actually did. The "If it makes you happy" was a hint at the fact that you get enjoyment from this, not that I wasn't actually wrong.

Which is why the third place playoff would be so exciting. On another note' date=' what makes you think Newcastle is in any way likely to get points against Arsenal? I'm seriously interested in this, because that goes strongly against the bookies, which means that if you have some serious insight on this, there is some good money to be made on it.[/quote']
What's your thinking behind that statement ?

Nothing more thana 'gut' feeling tbh. I feel the Toon have one good performance due this season and am chcuking a couple of quid on a score draw.

Nothing more thana 'gut' feeling tbh. I feel the Toon have one good performance due this season and am chcuking a couple of quid on a score draw.

Newcastle will slaughter Arsenal this sunday,never mind a draw.

My prediction is Newcastle 4-1 Arsenal.

Newcastle just have that explosion left in them, to redeem themselves being put to the sharp sword by Liverpool a couple weeks back.

Funnily enough, i believe Spurs will scrape a 2-1 win over Sunderland this sunday, with Bale scoring in the last 10 mins.

Spurs i believe, will then struggle to win their champions league qualifier, meaning there could be 4 teams from England in the Europa league anyhow.

P.S. With Man City 90% likely to go out in the group stages next season, the only English team capable of getting to the QF's in my view, is Man Utd, and maybe Chelsea.B)

Newcastle will slaughter Arsenal this sunday' date='never mind a draw.

My prediction is Newcastle 4-1 Arsenal.

Newcastle just have that explosion left in them, to redeem themselves being put to the sharp sword by Liverpool a couple weeks back.

[/quote']

I was thinking 6 or 7 - 1 but 4-1 seems to be the right prediction.

I was thinking 6 or 7 - 1 but 4-1 seems to be the right prediction.

4-1 about right.

Someone always gets sent off in the game is well.

Will be exciting end-end match anyhow.

Imo, it will be 1-1 at half time, then Newcastle step up the gas on Arsenal - who were being taken apart by Wigan last night in the first half.

A game of two halves maybe i reckon, where Arsenal dominates the first, Newcastle the second.

4-1 about right.

Someone always gets sent off in the game is well.

Will be exciting end-end match anyhow.

Imo' date=' it will be 1-1 at half time, then Newcastle step up the gas on Arsenal -[b'] who were being taken apart by Wigan last night in the first half[/b].

A game of two halves maybe i reckon, where Arsenal dominates the first, Newcastle the second.

Wigan had one shot on target in the first half. You haven't a clue.