Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Stoke proving to the world that they are indeed a bunch of lowlife thugs

Think you need a definition of the word 'Banter':

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/banter

So there you go' date=' but anyway, I just don't see why people have to make comments like this, it's obviously not true and it's just taking a 'dig' to be quite honest with you.

Come on mate. They have been playing and practicing with each other almost every day for close to 3 years now.

So of course they know.

True, but I've just been reading into it and it seems like it's his girlfriend's.

Hahaha' date=' good one pal. It's called a joke. Obviously he didn't know Jones' religious views. Still a disgrace never the less. But need I say anymore than 'Wigan' to you? I don't think so.[/quote']

What has Wigan got to do with this particular instance?

No relevance whatsoever thought you might have come back with something a bit better than that. :)

It's called a joke, it's actually quite funny in England, maybe they should realise this. If anyone's using Religion as a way to justify Kenwyne Jones's act then I hate to say it but you're an idiot. Jones's is completely in the wrong if it's true what he has done. Called a joke people should take it on the chin and plan an even better one in response, didn't thinking bricking someones car was that good of a response. :rolleyes:

What has Wigan got to do with this particular instance?

No relevance whatsoever thought you might have come back with something a bit better than that. :)

He's City fan, I don't see why I need to come up with better than that? I'm not throwing insults at anyone, I'm just a person that would prefer to rub things in.

Pulling a players pants down is what you call banter, calling each other genitial names is banter, but bringing animals into this isn't appopriate.

Ryan Shawcross and Huth will be bitterly dissapointed that Whelan had to bring in one of their own, (a pig) to the table, (or locker*;)) in order to play a joke on Big KJ. :D:D:D

In all seriousness, why don't they just go home, rather then playing 'banter' in training.

Is there any need to train, they have finished midtable as usual. Just go home, turn up for the match on sunday, then go on holidays, and watch the huge Champions League final next week.:eek:

Footballers have such a hard lifestyle to lead......:rolleyes:

Pulling a players pants down is what you call banter' date=' calling each other genitial names is banter, but bringing animals into this isn't appopriate.

Ryan Shawcross and Huth will be bitterly dissapointed that Whelan had to bring in one of their own, (a pig) to the table, (or locker*;)) in order to play a joke on Big KJ. :D:D:D

In all seriousness, why don't they just go home, rather then playing 'banter' in training.

Is there any need to train, they have finished midtable as usual. Just go home, turn up for the match on sunday, then go on holidays, and watch the huge Champions League final next week.:eek:

Footballers have such a hard lifestyle to lead......:rolleyes:[/quote']

People eat animals, people eat pigs. If it was a dog, fair enough, I'd see your point hahaha! Tbf anyway, who would actually mess with Big KJ seriously? :rolleyes:

People eat animals' date=' people eat pigs. If it was a dog, fair enough, I'd see your point hahaha! Tbf anyway, who would actually mess with Big KJ seriously? :rolleyes:[/quote']

Koreans eat dogs; are Koreans not people?

It may only be a pig but i do believe it still deserves at least a bit of dignity in death.

Koreans eat dogs; are Koreans not people?

It may only be a pig but i do believe it still deserves at least a bit of dignity in death.

and that is considered wrong in the UK is what I'm saying, so nice one there, was obvious what I was getting it.

Yeah obviously it shouldn't happen, I'm not saying it shouldn't have dignity in anyway. I'm just saying that many people eat pics in their everyday lives.

and that is considered wrong in the UK is what I'm saying' date=' so nice one there, was obvious what I was getting it.

Yeah obviously it shouldn't happen, I'm not saying it shouldn't have dignity in anyway. I'm just saying that many people eat pics in their everyday lives.[/quote']

It appears Kenwyne Jones doesn't :o

It's insensitive, it would be very uncool to do it to a vegetarian and this is similar if he doesn't eat pork. Not the end of the world though.

Jono. I know what banter is. Anyone who grew up through their teenage years playing any team sports knows what banter is.

Putting a dead animal's head in someone's locker with all their personal affects is not banter.

Some footballers are just morons with too much money. If they weren't playing football they'd probably be on the dole

Its great banter from Whelan but he really should have known if Jones' religion would make it inappropriate. I dont understand Jones' reaction really, 2 wrongs dont make a right but I'm not religious so would never be able to understand the level of his retaliation.

Its great banter from Whelan but he really should have known if Jones' religion would make it inappropriate. I dont understand Jones' reaction really' date=' 2 wrongs dont make a right but I'm not religious so would never be able to understand the level of his retaliation.[/quote']

It isn't banter! There is a line! Whelan no doubt has earnt himself a one way ticket out of the club, if it was his intention, then well done.

It isn't banter! There is a line! Whelan no doubt has earnt himself a one way ticket out of the club' date=' if it was his intention, then well done.[/quote']

It is though, its very close to the line but its just a joke. If it happened to me I would be horrified but I would be able to appreciate that it would be funny to see someones reaction. Whelan should have known that Jones wouldnt find it funny and should have put it in someone elses locker

Iv had worse done to me, and probably done worse and I take it as a banter. That being said, people define banter due to how they experience it. Banter for some wont be banter for others, they should know if they are crossing the line though, clearly by his reaction they did. That being sad it was stupid and petulant of Jones to do that.

Id be pretty pised if that happened to me though

Whelan no doubt has earnt himself a one way ticket out of the club' date=' if it was his intention, then well done.[/quote']

Jones should be getting into more trouble than Whelan..

I know I would be more pised at having my car window smashed than opening my locker and finding a pigs head in their.