Official Premier League Discussion Thread

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Let me just say, as a man who is currently living in one of the countries with the highest percentage of Rastafarianism, that doing ANYTHING that revolves around a pig around them, causes a very bad reaction. If this happened where I come from, it wouldn't just be a car getting smashed.

Let me just say' date=' as a man who is currently living in one of the countries with the highest percentage of Rastafarianism, that doing ANYTHING that revolves around a pig around them, causes a very bad reaction. If this happened where I come from, it wouldn't just be a car getting smashed.[/quote']

Strange that a religion (?) that promotes the smoking of weed would prohibit the consumption of bacon.

Seems so cruel.

So it's a social movement then. A glorified following.

Does anybody care???

A prank gone wrong, Whelen should never have done it, but Jones reaction was way OTT even if it has snuffed his religious/spiritual beliefs or whatever...

Either way heads will roll (if you excuse the pun) and I would imagine one or maybe both will have to leave the club..

not a lot more to say really.

I would call it a religion. The pork thing comes from the Old Testament.

Old Testament is something completely different.

Does anybody care???

A prank gone wrong' date=' Whelen should never have done it, but Jones reaction was way OTT even if it has snuffed his religious/spiritual beliefs or whatever...

Either way heads will roll (if you excuse the pun) and I would imagine one or maybe both will have to leave the club..

not a lot more to say really.[/quote']

I should imagine they'd both be out, but football seems to have some twisted justice system intertwined within itself where the scum of society maintain their integrity somehow and continue to be some of the wealthiest people in the country, whilst being elevated to Demi god status.

Iv had worse done to me' date=' and probably done worse and I take it as a banter. That being said, people define banter due to how they experience it. Banter for some wont be banter for others, they should know if they are crossing the line though, clearly by his reaction they did. That being sad it was stupid and petulant of Jones to do that.

Id be pretty pised if that happened to me though[/quote']

This comment is absolutely on the money.

People may consider banter what others wouldn't for sure, I mean, who knows what I class as banter really and others do too? I would find it horrifying for sure if somebody did it to me, but there is always a funny side to it. If you don't see the funny side in things, then your not gonna get very far, because that's the way life is nowwa days. I mean, my mates throw knifes at eachothers arms? Big extreme yeah, but they find it 'banterous'. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it, but I find it funny being a 'neutral' on the situation.

Frozen it aint that extreme..... its horrible but it aint appalling.

I have nothing against it myself. I didn't think much of it when I first saw it on Sky News, I just haven't seen anything like this before, if it is banter then it is rather extreme and creative :P

Again, its great banter just aimed at the wrong person. I mean, its original, its shocking and the look on someones face would have been priceless, just not Jones' :P I think Jones' reaction has made it difficult for them both to remain at the club. If he'd had a word with Whelan and explained why it upset him then it could have all been resolved

and that is considered wrong in the UK is what I'm saying' date=' so nice one there, was obvious what I was getting it.

Yeah obviously it shouldn't happen, I'm not saying it shouldn't have dignity in anyway. I'm just saying that many people eat pics in their everyday lives.[/quote']

Not all players are from the UK.

Fulham Announce Adidas Kit Deal

Fulham Football Club has confirmed a new long-term partnership with adidas, which will see the global sportswear brand become the Club’s official technical kit supplier.

Fulham CEO Alistair Mackintosh said:

adidas has a fantastic football heritage and tradition and I know that we will work well together. The synergy between the two organisations has led to a partnership that promises both brands a platform on which to achieve success.

We are looking forward to producing a range of products that the fans will be proud to wear and featuring adidas technologies such as ClimaCool and ClimaLite.

adidas senior Manager Commercial Clubs, Steve Holland, said:

Fulham is a very welcome partner to adidas’ strong portfolio of football clubs both globally and in the UK. We share a successful history together and look forward to an exciting, long and rewarding future partnership.

fulhamfc-adidas-approvedFInal2.ashx

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/8720850/Premier-League-Kenwyne-Jones-denies-Stoke-tension-despite-pig-s-head-incident

Turns out it wasnt Whelan who put the pigs head in his locker, Jones jumped the gun thinking it was him.

Jones had nothing do with Owens car either if what hes saying is correct.