Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

The whole Joe Kinnear situation feels like an out-of-season prolonged April Fool's joke, just ridiculous. Things were looking so bright at Newcastle this time last year, now they are on a huge downwards spiral, I feel so sorry for their fans.

I feel really sorry for all Newcastle fans. According to the Mirror (not the best source) Derek Llambias wasn't set to resign all his duties when Joke in 'ere was hired as DoF' date=' but walked out on Newcastle after JK vetoed a Bosman move for Dutch international Douglas as he had never heard of him![/quote']

I'm now feel sorry for the set of fans that bet all the team winning promotion last season to go straight back into Championship. It's clearly this season Newcastle gonna be one of them. :P

I feel really sorry for all Newcastle fans. According to the Mirror (not the best source) Derek Llambias wasn't set to resign all his duties when Joke in 'ere was hired as DoF' date=' but walked out on Newcastle after JK vetoed a Bosman move for Dutch international Douglas as he had never heard of him![/quote']

The key man behind the bargains Newcastle have had in recent years Graham Carr is also rumoured to be walking out for the same reason. He's been chasing Douglas for two years and now Kinnear preventing the transfer looks like signs of things to come.

Could well be constructive dismissal of Pardew though. He's on a 7 year contract so if Ashley wanted to fire him, the cheapest way to do it would be to get him to resign. Also heard the theory that Kinnear can be scapegoat for Ashley to point to whilst he cashes in on Newcastle's best players.

Could well be constructive dismissal of Pardew though. He's on a 7 year contract so if Ashley wanted to fire him' date=' the cheapest way to do it would be to get him to resign.[/b'] Also heard the theory that Kinnear can be scapegoat for Ashley to point to whilst he cashes in on Newcastle's best players.

Clever indeed: that fool might well be able to frustrate Pardew badly enough - and be his scapegoat as well, at some point during the next season when he'll point at that guy and loss of his most important players as a reason to Newcastle's miserable season.

Only problem with this plan is that it may cost them their place in EPL.

Could well be constructive dismissal of Pardew though. He's on a 7 year contract so if Ashley wanted to fire him' date=' the cheapest way to do it would be to get him to resign. Also heard the theory that Kinnear can be scapegoat for Ashley to point to whilst he cashes in on Newcastle's best players.[/quote']

Ashley could sack Pardew for just £1 million compensation, I think he'd rather pay £1 million then destroy all that had been good about Newcastle in the last couple of years.

I don't think Ashley wants Newcastle relegated, but once again under Kinnear that is where they are heading towards.

If he wanted to cash in personally on his best players, then he'd want to keep Carr at the club who'd be able to bring in a replacement on the cheap from Europe.

Could well be constructive dismissal of Pardew though. He's on a 7 year contract so if Ashley wanted to fire him' date=' the cheapest way to do it would be to get him to resign. Also heard the theory that Kinnear can be scapegoat for Ashley to point to whilst he cashes in on Newcastle's best players.[/quote']

Ashley probably wants the best for Newcastle but he might also have the "I-know-the-best-and-everyone-else-is-an-idiot" syndrome...

Ashley could sack Pardew for just £1 million compensation' date=' I think he'd rather pay £1 million then destroy all that had been good about Newcastle in the last couple of years.

I don't think Ashley wants Newcastle relegated, but once again under Kinnear that is where they are heading towards.

If he wanted to cash in personally on his best players, then he'd want to keep Carr at the club who'd be able to bring in a replacement on the cheap from Europe.[/quote']

Is this true? You'd imagine buying out 7-years of EPL manager contract would come costly.

Is this true? You'd imagine buying out 7-years of EPL manager contract would come costly.

I believe there's a clause in Pardew's contract which allows him to be sacked for £1 million or one year's salary depending on who you believe. Either way there isn't going to be any need to put him in a situation where he's forced to resign.

I believe there's a clause in Pardew's contract which allows him to be sacked for £1 million or one year's salary depending on who you believe. Either way there isn't going to be any need to put him in a situation where he's forced to resign.

If that's true, indeed there is no reason to try to force him to resign. Particularly not at the cost of losing their place in EPL, which would doubtfully be worth it even if they had to pay out his whole contract.

Seriously Liverpool? :rolleyes:

He really played a huge roll last night didn't he :P

999661_590688657619691_1569509994_n.png

I know - awful isn't it!

It's like someone from Leyton or another London borough supporting Manchester United just so they can basque in the reflected glory that comes with choosing to support and already successful team. :):eek::rolleyes::P;)

Seriously Liverpool? :rolleyes:

He really played a huge role last night didn't he :P

999661_590688657619691_1569509994_n.png

Why are you on the Liverpool website??

Another Manc obsessed with Liverpool.........

Not to mention the article states he had little to do, we always post about our players international appearences.

Not to mention the article states he had little to do' date=' we always post about our players international appearences.[/quote']

Agreed, Chelsea do the same thing.

Not to mention the article states he had little to do' date=' we always post about our players international appearences.[/quote']

Just came across this picture that's all. I would never visit that filth.

If you didn't read the article, and just the headline you would have thought he played up front :P It could have been worded a little better, perhaps, 'Reina starts in Spains rout of Tahiti' ? :)

Lee Catermole might be leaving Sunderland - he's the perfect type of player to fit in at Stoke Thugby Club :)

Just came across this picture that's all. I would never visit that filth.

If you didn't read the article' date=' and just the headline you would have thought he played up front :P It could have been worded a little better, perhaps, 'Reina starts in Spains rout of Tahiti' ? :)[/quote']

"Just came across this picture that's all."

Let's see how easy that is......

a) Start PC/mobile/other device

B) Open internet browser

c) Type h-t-t-p-:-/-/-w-w-w-.-l-i-v-e-r-p-o-o-l-f-c-.-c-o-m (or do you have the shortcut bookmarked?)

d) Click "Enter Liverpool FC" Website

e) Click 'News'

f) Select the article in question*

Seems quite easy to just stumble upon that article to be honest lol :rolleyes::confused::eek:;)

I guess you need to have a backup club to switch to in case Mr Moyes messes it all up :)B)

*I had a look, whilst investigating your claims - it's not even listed on the first two pages of Liverpool related news - in fact, I had to give up before I 'just came across' it :)

Lee Catermole might be leaving Sunderland - he's the perfect type of player to fit in at Stoke Thugby Club :)

"Just came across this picture that's all."

Let's see how easy that is......

a) Start PC/mobile/other device

B) Open internet browser

c) Type h-t-t-p-:-/-/-w-w-w-.-l-i-v-e-r-p-o-o-l-f-c-.-c-o-m (or do you have the shortcut bookmarked?)

d) Click "Enter Liverpool FC" Website

e) Click 'News'

f) Select the article in question*

Seems quite easy to just stumble upon that article to be honest lol :rolleyes::confused::eek:;)

I guess you need to have a backup club to switch to in case Mr Moyes messes it all up :)B)

*I had a look' date=' whilst investigating your claims - it's not even listed on the first two pages of Liverpool related news - in fact, I had to give up before I 'just came across' it :)[/quote']

Lol.. I am pretty sure that he found it on facebook. Came across it myself. He wouldn't go trough all that + taking a snapchat of the artcile, then post it on photobucket, only so then he can come on here and show it to you.

Lol.. I am pretty sure that he found it on facebook. Came across it myself. He wouldn't go trough all that + taking a snapchat of the artcile' date=' then post it on photobucket, only so then he can come on here and show it to you.[/quote']

He did! :)