Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

The difference is Virgin Money work within what is socially accepted within this country for offering loans and what they'd want in return however when it comes to there pay day loan Wonga pray on the desperate and much more vulnerable in society who can't get loans from banks making them pay huge interest on small loans in many cases. It could be viewed as hypocritical by Cisse to wear Virgin money and not Wonga I can see that point of view just personally think while there's nothing wrong with Bank Loans these Pay day loan companies are just out to rip off whoever they can.

Bank charges are just as bad as high interest rates.

Seems to me he just picking and choosing when to play the religion card.

Is he refusing a % of his wages? As Wonga is paying a proportion of this.

Barclays badges on the top? High interest creditcards and loans as well as dodgy deals during the apartheid?

Number of interviews with gambling advertisement plastered behind him?

Yes Wonga is a disgusting company but the others are just as bad

Being not involved or interested too much in either Spurs or Arsenal, I have to say that their transfer business and the resulting discussion here in the forum are hilarious.

So many supposed "done deals" for both times and time after time, the deal falls through. It's astonishing.

Being not involved or interested too much in either Spurs or Arsenal' date=' I have to say that their transfer business and the resulting discussion here in the forum are hilarious.

So many supposed "done deals" for both times and time after time, the deal falls through. It's astonishing.[/quote']

I think that anybody with half a brain knows that anybody on this forum who claims they are ITK (dunno if there are any just saying) are talking complete rubbish they have as much idea as you and I.

The reality is most of the time that people read something from a site and take it as gospel, I would never believe Nything until it is all signed, sealed and delivered.

I am sure they will do some business but what that is, who it is and when it will happen is pure speculation.

Bank charges are just as bad as high interest rates.

Seems to me he just picking and choosing when to play the religion card.

Is he refusing a % of his wages? As Wonga is paying a proportion of this.

Barclays badges on the top? High interest creditcards and loans as well as dodgy deals during the apartheid?

Number of interviews with gambling advertisement plastered behind him?

Yes Wonga is a disgusting company but the others are just as bad

Don't know why you've targeted my comments personally I've never taken a loan but from what i've learnt and be told these pay day loan companies are miles and miles worse than any bank in this country. My main problems with Wonga are they allow those who wouldn't get bank loans and credit cards to get loans its massively unethical.

As it's been stated previously by others some Muslims have differing beliefs on things such as gambling, loans etc. Cisse is angling for a move no doubt but I believe the sponsorship deal is a major contributor...

Don't know why you've targeted my comments personally I've never taken a loan but from what i've learnt and be told these pay day loan companies are miles and miles worse than any bank in this country. My main problems with Wonga are they allow those who wouldn't get bank loans and credit cards to get loans its massively unethical.

As it's been stated previously by others some Muslims have differing beliefs on things such as gambling' date=' loans etc. Cisse is angling for a move no doubt but I believe the sponsorship deal is a major contributor...[/quote']

Not aimed at you just the only one I quoted :D

Not aimed at you just the only one I quoted :D

Dont get the big deal if it is against his religious principles he should not have to wear the logo IMO and he should not be tarnished or whatever because of his religious principles.

ame stretches for other areas of life you wouldn't force a veggie to eat a Burger etc etc...

Simple solution is surely to let him wear a shirt with no logo, don't get why Newcastle won't agree to it ain't like Wonga will swan off and take there money with them if he don't wear the shirt.

Just think it seems like he is being punished for a principle and if more people in this country had better principles the world would be a better place.

Dont get the big deal if it is against his religious principles he should not have to wear the logo IMO and he should not be tarnished or whatever because of his religious principles.

ame stretches for other areas of life you wouldn't force a veggie to eat a Burger etc etc...

Simple solution is surely to let him wear a shirt with no logo' date=' don't get why Newcastle won't agree to it ain't like Wonga will swan off and take there money with them if he don't wear the shirt.

Just think it seems like he is being punished for a principle and if more people in this country had better principles the world would be a better place.[/quote']

Indeed, the biggest thing for me is that it wouldn't even harm Wonga (unfortunately). It would be like having double advertising, if it wasn't for this whole thing then no-one would really care about Wonga being the sponsor, because of it their name has been splashed across the news all over the place. And if he wears an un-sponsored shirt it will prompt loads of attention, your girlfriend or wife will be in the room and spot it out of the corner of their eye 'Why's that one not got a sponsor' 'Wonga sponsors them and he's Muslim so won't wear it' etc. etc.

There's no such thing as bad publicity and all that.

I have to say that Benteke staying at Villa means that the PL will be the league to watch for all neutrals next season. Villa, Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland, and Norwich have all made significant additions that will make for some really nice football from the teams fighting to be top half or Europa league contenders. Then you have additions to both Everton and Liverpool that will squeeze the gap between top 6 and top 4 even more.

You can tell a league is strong when my Canadian friends tell me how they're excited to wake up at 5am to watch Norwich v Sunderland.

Simple solution is surely to let him wear a shirt with no logo' date=' don't get why Newcastle won't agree to it ain't like Wonga will swan off and take there money with them if he don't wear the shirt.

Just think it seems like he is being punished for a principle and if more people in this country had better principles the world would be a better place.[/quote']

Point being he only seems to be cherry picking when to play the religious card.

I would like to know more info. Does he practice zhiot not sure if that spelt right.

I would have more respect if he just came out and said he not wearing the shirt because he believes wonga is disgusting company and are morally wrong.

Am sure he's happy enough still getting his full wages which are in part being paid by wonga now.

Wonga sounds like a racial slur. But it seems to be a bank.

Kicker does a great job ranking the best players in Germany. And it does it by goalie, defender, midfielder and striker positions which is nice too. Is there something similar for English football also? I would like to see who ranked as the best goalies etc in the Premier League, and also the Championship.

So City have spent £87m already this summer (not that i expect anymore). Although i quite like some of their signings (esspically Navas who i feel will bring something different to their side) i thought the emphasis was going to be bringing through youngsters and giving them a chance in this 'new holistic approach' for City can't help but think shelling out 90 off million on 4 players isn't really any different from how Mancini , Hughes and even Sven went about things.

On the whole Cisse thing i think it's all been blown out of proportion , let the man where a non sponsored shirt if his beliefs mean he doesn't want to wear one. I think it's wrong for Newcastle to even consider Wonga as a sponser let alone have them but money talks.

Dissapointed but also slightly pleased to see Benteke stay at Villa. Dissapointed as i feel he could of really offered something good to Spurs frontline and been the focal point of attack i feel they need to add if they plan on getting top 4 next term. However i'm pleased as now Benteke gets to prove how good he is in a young emerging side while not having the pressure of a massive (slightly overpriced) fee that could of affected his performances for the worse.

Also does anyone else think this Arsenal 'warchest' is just hot air? We've been reading about this available lump of cash for several windows without any real sign of it being spent. I follow a fair number of Arsenal fans on twitter (i wish i didnt most of the time) and the players they link themselves with unrealistic or just one of them transfers you can't see happening. It's all well and good being linked with the players but if you don't splash the cash i think Wenger and Arsenal may have to settle for top 4 (and thats getting harder) every year.

So City have spent £87m already this summer (not that i expect anymore). Although i quite like some of their signings (esspically Navas who i feel will bring something different to their side) i thought the emphasis was going to be bringing through youngsters and giving them a chance in this 'new holistic approach' for City can't help but think shelling out 90 off million on 4 players isn't really any different from how Mancini ' date=' Hughes and even Sven went about things.

On the whole Cisse thing i think it's all been blown out of proportion , let the man where a non sponsored shirt if his beliefs mean he doesn't want to wear one. I think it's wrong for Newcastle to even consider Wonga as a sponser let alone have them but money talks.

Dissapointed but also slightly pleased to see Benteke stay at Villa. Dissapointed as i feel he could of really offered something good to Spurs frontline and been the focal point of attack i feel they need to add if they plan on getting top 4 next term. However i'm pleased as now Benteke gets to prove how good he is in a young emerging side while not having the pressure of a massive (slightly overpriced) fee that could of affected his performances for the worse.

Also does anyone else think this Arsenal 'warchest' is just hot air? We've been reading about this available lump of cash for several windows without any real sign of it being spent. I follow a fair number of Arsenal fans on twitter (i wish i didnt most of the time) and the players they link themselves with unrealistic or just one of them transfers you can't see happening. It's all well and good being linked with the players but if you don't splash the cash i think Wenger and Arsenal may have to settle for top 4 (and thats getting harder) every year.[/quote']

Arsenal would have thay money. As a business aln

So City have spent £87m already this summer (not that i expect anymore). Although i quite like some of their signings (esspically Navas who i feel will bring something different to their side) i thought the emphasis was going to be bringing through youngsters and giving them a chance in this 'new holistic approach' for City can't help but think shelling out 90 off million on 4 players isn't really any different from how Mancini ' date=' Hughes and even Sven went about things.

Also does anyone else think this Arsenal 'warchest' is just hot air? We've been reading about this available lump of cash for several windows without any real sign of it being spent. I follow a fair number of Arsenal fans on twitter (i wish i didnt most of the time) and the players they link themselves with unrealistic or just one of them transfers you can't see happening. It's all well and good being linked with the players but if you don't splash the cash i think Wenger and Arsenal may have to settle for top 4 (andthats getting harder) every year.[/quote']

Arsenal would have thay money. As a business sense alone Arsenal have the money to cimpete with all but the privately owned city,psgs etc and to an extent barca/madrid/bayern/ united. The queation ofc is have tje board actually made that kind of money available to splash on transfers at all, or if wenger just wont use it, or if he still has a plan.

Point being he only seems to be cherry picking when to play the religious card.

I would like to know more info. Does he practice zhiot not sure if that spelt right.

I would have more respect if he just came out and said he not wearing the shirt because he believes wonga is disgusting company and are morally wrong.

Am sure he's happy enough still getting his full wages which are in part being paid by wonga now.

I am not going to pretend I know about Cisse's religious aspects coz I aint got a clue but I stand by my initial reaction. I don't see why he should wear it if it flouts his religious beliefs.

Plus whilst Wonga may put money into the club in percentage terms of revenue it would not amount to that much in the Grand Scheme Of Things, bit simplistic to say Wonga is paying his wages.

I am not going to pretend I know about Cisse's religious aspects coz I aint got a clue but I stand by my initial reaction. I don't see why he should wear it if it flouts his religious beliefs.

Plus whilst Wonga may put money into the club in percentage terms of revenue it would not amount to that much in the Grand Scheme Of Things' date=' bit simplistic to say Wonga is paying his wages.[/quote']

I just think he being hypocrite. Know very little about his personal life but he's still accepting money no matter what the % is still coming from wonga.

The Barclay premier league, He's is benefiting from their lending business.

He's a profession footballer at the end of the day getting paid huge amounts of money. Which lots of it come from banks/gambling/advertisements.

Part of me says just give him a none sponsored shirt just to see his real intentions. Wonderful how this all popped up at the end of last season when he was linked with Anzi.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/20/liverpool-line-up-move-for-newcastle-winger-hatem-ben-arfa-3890836/

Liverpool are being linked with a move for Ben Arfa but the reported price is only 6 million. Surely that wouldnt be enough? I'd definitely take him at that price but people were saying that it would be closer to 20 mil before so I'm not sure what to believe. If we could get him for under 10 I'd be delighted but anymore than that would make it a big risk considering how injury prone he is.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/20/liverpool-line-up-move-for-newcastle-winger-hatem-ben-arfa-3890836/

Liverpool are being linked with a move for Ben Arfa but the reported price is only 6 million. Surely that wouldnt be enough? I'd definitely take him at that price but people were saying that it would be closer to 20 mil before so I'm not sure what to believe. If we could get him for under 10 I'd be delighted but anymore than that would make it a big risk considering how injury prone he is.

Ehh I believe newcastle have stuck a 18million price tag on him last year. So I would say its a load of turd. No presure to sell. Player wants to stay and wants a new contract. To even have a chance you need to be biding 13m+ for newcastle to accept imho

Arsenal would have thay money. As a business sense alone Arsenal have the money to cimpete with all but the privately owned city' date='psgs etc and to an extent barca/madrid/bayern/ united. The queation ofc is have tje board actually made that kind of money available to splash on transfers at all, or if wenger just wont use it, or if he still has a plan.[/quote']

I'm fully aware Arsenal have the finances available to make stuff happen if thats what was wanted. However what i question is if the board are truly are prepared to back Wenger in the market with the figures that have been shoved around by fans and the media as you say.

I personally doubt any real substantial funds are there!

As someone pointed out, the revelation that Arsenal will splash the money in transfer on big name players always coincidence with the time of season ticket sales/renewal. Coincidence much or that's marketing strategy as we know tickets in Emirates is most expensive in BPL at the moment?

As someone pointed out' date=' the revelation that Arsenal will splash the money in transfer on big name players always coincidence with the time of season ticket sales/renewal. Coincidence much or that's marketing strategy as we know tickets in Emirates is most expensive in BPL at the moment?[/quote']

I highly doubt thats true, and we would never know but i sure as hell hope not

As someone pointed out' date=' the revelation that Arsenal will splash the money in transfer on big name players always coincidence with the time of season ticket sales/renewal. Coincidence much or that's marketing strategy as we know tickets in Emirates is most expensive in BPL at the moment?[/quote']

You mean just like the rumours surrounding United at the moment coming at the time they need to sell off the remaining season tickets before the season starts? ;)

In that regard, I'm delighted with City. Lots of good business done very quickly with next to no fuss.