Official Premier League Discussion Thread

bcfc12345

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Reports have emerged that Barcelona want one of Kompany, Luiz, Agger, Vermaelen or Vertongen before the transfer window is up.

Considering how horrible some of the defending in England was last season, it's a bit surprising to see how sought out PL CBs are, especially at a bit of a defensively deficient team like Barcelona.

Reports have emerged that Barcelona want one of Kompany' date=' Luiz, Agger, Vermaelen or Vertongen before the transfer window is up.

Considering how horrible some of the defending in England was last season, it's a bit surprising to see how sought out PL CBs are, especially at a bit of a defensively deficient team like Barcelona.[/quote']

Probably because Marquinhos go to PSG and maybe Barca wants a new big name in their defense line.

Though I imagine they're maybe also tracking other names like Garay or Mangala?

Reports have emerged that Barcelona want one of Kompany' date=' Luiz, Agger, Vermaelen or Vertongen before the transfer window is up.

Considering how horrible some of the defending in England was last season, it's a bit surprising to see how sought out PL CBs are, especially at a bit of a defensively deficient team like Barcelona.[/quote']

They want to tighten their defense and they looked at Vermaelen? Okay... :P

Sky reporting that £85m has been offed. Ball in Spurs' court with Bale being frustrated at lack of clarity.

If Levy doesn't accept that he's an idiot, no matter how good Bale is he certainly isn't worth 85 Million Pound. While Spurs would certainly feel weakened they could bring in some top replacements and improve the team on the whole. Only problem with a bid like this is that teams will realise Spurs have the money to spend and Levy won't be able to bargain deals.

If Levy doesn't accept that he's an idiot' date=' no matter how good Bale is he certainly isn't worth 85 Million Pound. While Spurs would certainly feel weakened they could bring in some top replacements and improve the team on the whole. Only problem with a bid like this is that teams will realise Spurs have the money to spend and Levy won't be able to bargain deals.[/quote']

Spurs apparently want £125m for him :o

There is no way Bale is better than Ronaldo was at United' date=' and they only forked out £80Million for him, so Bale is worth no more than £60Million in my opinion, however I can see him going for a lotttttttt[/quote']

He worths around 40-50 realistically talking.Gotze went for 37 and no way he's better then Gotze by 23 millions or any better then Gotze.Okay,realistically talking I'd ask for 90 millions from Real aswell..after they paid 30-40 for Illiarmendi.

He worths around 40-50 realistically talking.Gotze went for 37 and no way he's better then Gotze by 23 millions or any better then Gotze.Okay' date='realistically talking I'd ask for 90 millions from Real aswell..after they paid 30-40 for Illiarmendi.[/quote']

Yeah, valuations on players has become ridiculous in the modern game

He worths around 40-50 realistically talking.Gotze went for 37 and no way he's better then Gotze by 23 millions or any better then Gotze.Okay' date='realistically talking I'd ask for 90 millions from Real aswell..after they paid 30-40 for Illiarmendi.[/quote']

Gotze had a release clause though hence he left so relatively cheap

If Levy doesn't accept that he's an idiot' date=' no matter how good Bale is he certainly isn't worth 85 Million Pound. While Spurs would certainly feel weakened they could bring in some top replacements and improve the team on the whole. Only problem with a bid like this is that teams will realise Spurs have the money to spend and Levy won't be able to bargain deals.[/quote']

If Levy rejects then it just confirms that he's too stubborn for his own good.

£85m will get three or four top class players in for Spurs, especially considering Paulinho was bought for £17m (assuming they would come)

Talk the money and run. Take the hit, the club will survive

1. I doubt the offer is real, just SSN talking nonsense as per

2. Never accept the first offer, one of the first rules of business

3. Clubs would ask for ridiculous fees if we went out with the Bale money. Then you have to bare in mind that we don't pay big wages and we aren't in the CL.

Selling Bale now isn't the right time.

1. I doubt the offer is real' date=' just SSN talking nonsense as per

2. Never accept the first offer, one of the first rules of business

3. Clubs would ask for ridiculous fees if we went out with the Bale money. Then you have to bare in mind that we don't pay big wages and we aren't in the CL.

Selling Bale now isn't the right time.[/quote']

1. Offer probably is real SSN barely get it wrong and everything coming from Spain seems to back it up (Masch, Casillas backing the bid)

2. Taking the risk of Madrid coming to their senses and pulling out

3. If you reject 85 Million Pound for player who is no where near that standard right now then Spurs are too stubborn for their own good.

You always take the risk in football the way the EPL is Bale could get a tough tackle break something and never reach the standards again, also risk him having a poor season and dropping his value. 85 Million is already more than what he's worth, take it and run.

I'd say this is the perfect time to cash in on Bale, when his hype and price is at an all time high. Chances are he won't be able to carry on his form into next season and keep scoring worldies. Just look at Papis Cisse. Had Newcastle sold him when he was in the form of his life they could have got a bucket load. One amazing season isn't enough to turn down silly money from Madrid

I'd say this is the perfect time to cash in on Bale' date=' when his hype and price is at an all time high. Chances are he won't be able to carry on his form into next season and keep scoring worldies. Just look at Papis Cisse. Had Newcastle sold him when he was in the form of his life they could have got a bucket load. One amazing season isn't enough to turn down silly money from Madrid[/quote']

He's 23 years old and has been doing it since 2010, or have you forgotten his hat-trick against the then current european champions?

Comparing him to Papiss Cisse is bloody laughable.

He's 23 years old and has been doing it since 2010' date=' or have you forgotten his hat-trick against the then current european champions?

Comparing him to Papiss Cisse is bloody laughable.[/quote']

He is 24 actually.Bale always showed flash of talents in a few games per season but never on a consistent level to make him a top talent untill last season.

He's 23 years old and has been doing it since 2010' date=' or have you forgotten his hat-trick against the then current european champions?

He's not had this sustained form for 3 years, he's been flash in the pan for 2 seasons and finally had a consistent one this season. He's had a very special half a season and the hype is ridiculous. He's not worth 85 Million, will he keep his form in next season big risk that he wont and the hype will get to him. He can't up his value anymore than it is now. There will never be a right time to sell your best player but if a bid as ridiculous as this comes in it should be accepted. Spurs can bring in 3/4 top class players and be a much better team overall.

1. Offer probably is real SSN barely get it wrong and everything coming from Spain seems to back it up (Masch' date=' Casillas backing the bid)

2. Taking the risk of Madrid coming to their senses and pulling out

3. If you reject 85 Million Pound for player who is no where near that standard right now then Spurs are too stubborn for their own good.

You always take the risk in football the way the EPL is Bale could get a tough tackle break something and never reach the standards again, also risk him having a poor season and dropping his value. 85 Million is already more than what he's worth, take it and run.[/quote']

SSN always get it wrong. They drive agenda's and constantly push them. Funny how they leak all this stuff and all of a sudden they have a mountain of bets at their own company about how he is going to leave. How they have a betting license I don't know.

I don't think Real even want Bale as a player. All just media based to combat losing the title so comprehensively last season and then losing Neymar to Barca also. Lets be honest, Bale isn't ready for Real and nor do they really need him. Is he better than Di Maria? Questionable.

I agree that he isn't worth £85m but I currently don't see any benefits for us having this money right now. We need to be in the CL for sponsorship and to improve as a club. Why sell our biggest asset now and then struggle to replace him? We would probably end up buying some second tier flop for a ridiculous fee like you did with Carroll. Plus I feel if we really wanted to sell him, we would involve the media ourselves and get PSG, Monaco, City etc involved.

I'm pretty sure that Levy will agree that now is not the right time. More than anything it shows that we won't just roll over and let our best players leave when the powerhouses of world football come along.

This was his first amazing season. Could easily be a one-season wonder. 85 million is a ridiculous price and I think bringing up one good game he had a few years ago is a bit of a desperate attempt to justify his long term form

This was his first amazing season. Could easily be a one-season wonder. 85 million is a ridiculous price.

To be honest he was invisible in many games too but when whole team plays for you its impossible to not score in 90 minutes.He scored a few goals in last 10 minutes of the game even if he was absolutely worthless for the other 80.It was a good season for Bale but he's amazingly overhyped becuase of his goals.He scored goals but totally ignored the creative part netting just 4 assists.

To be honest he was invisible in many games too but when whole team plays for you its impossible to not score in 90 minutes.He scored a few goals in last 10 minutes of the game even if he was absolutely worthless for the other 80.It was a good season for Bale but he's amazingly overhyped becuase of his goals.He scored goals but totally ignored the creative part netting just 4 assists.

Not easy to assist when you have Jermain Defoe and Clint Dempsey as your attacking partners :D

Thing with Bale is that he seemed to score a lot of shift and shoot goals last year. Isolate a defender, get a yard of space and absolutely bang it. He'd do that at least half a dozen times a game. You'd think teams will wise up to that next year and get tighter. Interesing to see how he combats it (if he's still in the Premier League that is. I don't care how he does in Spain).

Not easy to assist when you have Jermain Defoe and Clint Dempsey as your attacking partners :D

Mata somehow managed to get 16/17 assists with Torres/Ba.Even Podolski with a considerable less amount of time had more assists then Bale,around 10.That lad from Wigan..Shaun Maloney had more assists then Bale too.Defoe/Dempsey aren't world class,they are good players(mostly Dempsey).That's not quite enough to excuse Bale lack of assists.