bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion

what good manager out there would take Arsenal? there probably decent manages but who can change Arsenal.

Chelsea struggled find a permanent manager that can do the job but finally got one.

Man Utd will probably have Mourinho after Sir Fergie retires.

Once again i find my self agreeing with you i think Mourinho at united would be the best thing since sliced bread Sir Alex will go down in history at united Mourinho is young and with out Sir Alex he would be the best manager in the PL. He is a you love him/you hate him kinda guy :P i think after the madrid job hell join united and will stop moving form club to club

man united wont win the league and city will definitely be top 4

gotta take those blinkers off fella

Agreed with United, they've not improved and there older players (Neville, VDS, Giggs, Scholes) are just getting older with less stamina and less pace. You need to freshen up anyside if there going to win a title after missing out on the title last time out.

You can't be certain with Man. City, Spurs will look to maintain there place in there and they have got a good squad and are definatly capable of reaching the Champions league, Arsenal have a good chance of making the top four whilst Liverpool have got to be in with a shout despite last season, they are Liverpool.

to start off with burs, United has a great chance of winning the title and they are more determined to get it back, City won't get top 4. Reason is money cant buy a team, they brought no one special and if they keep buying how can the gel as a team. Man City are a bunch of individuals.

swanseajacks, you say Man Utd need to freshen up, look at all the youngsters coming through like Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Smalling, De leat, Obertan, Gibson, Welbeck, Macheda, Amos, Anderson, Possebon, Cleverley. your talking rubbish, the team that need to freshen up is Chelsea with their old players. The reason Man Utd didn't get the title was injuries like the defence, VDS or Rooney at the end and referees.

to start off with burs' date=' United has a great chance of winning the title and they are more determined to get it back, City won't get top 4. [b']Reason is money cant buy a team, they brought no one special and if they keep buying how can the gel as a team.[/b] Man City are a bunch of individuals.

swanseajacks, you say Man Utd need to freshen up, look at all the youngsters coming through like Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Smalling, De leat, Obertan, Gibson, Welbeck, Macheda, Amos, Anderson, Possebon, Cleverley. your talking rubbish, the team that need to freshen up is Chelsea with their old players. The reason Man Utd didn't get the title was injuries like the defence, VDS or Rooney at the end and referees.

Erm. I'm a Chelsea fan, and I am pretty sure we brought the title when Abramovich first arrived. And City have signed more World Class players than we did when we had the money, we brought players like Damien Duff, Wayne Bridge etc. So I think that you're talking utter rubbish, and are being extremely bias.. City will be in the top 4 come the end of next season. :rolleyes:

Although I don't think we'll win the title people need to think about they are talking. Chelsea have gotten worse where as we have stayed the same, if anything improved a bit. We came 2nd to a side to a side last season who set the record for most goals scored in a single season playing with our first choice back 5 just ONCE in the entire season.

Erm. I'm a Chelsea fan' date=' and I am pretty sure we brought the title when Abramovich first arrived. And City have signed more World Class players than we did when we had the money, we brought players like Damien Duff, Wayne Bridge etc. So I think that you're talking utter rubbish, and are being extremely bias.. City will be in the top 4 come the end of next season. :rolleyes:[/quote']

yes, you did buy the title but you had Mourinho as manager and Mourinho is a 1000 times better than Mankini. Man city hasn't brought world class, world class is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi etc. oh yeh by the way how much did Man city spend last season? around the £200 mil mark? and still can't get into the top 4. Like i said Man City are a bunch of individuals.

Although I don't think we'll win the title people need to think about they are talking. Chelsea have gotten worse where as we have stayed the same' date=' if anything improved a bit. We came 2nd to a side to a side last season who set the record for most goals scored in a single season playing with our first choice back 5 just ONCE in the entire season.[/quote']

We've not exactly got worse. We lost Joe Cole who hardly played last season anyway, and I'm still expecting two fairly big signings this summer for us in midfield and a striker.

Oh, and when is Fergie retiring? I swear he keeps saying I am next season.....

We've not exactly got worse. We lost Joe Cole who hardly played last season anyway' date=' and I'm still expecting two fairly big signings this summer for us in midfield and a striker.

Oh, and when is Fergie retiring? I swear he keeps saying I am next season.....[/quote']

Yeah but except Joe Cole, Chelsea have lost Ballack...;)

Yeah but except Joe Cole' date=' Chelsea have lost Ballack...;)[/quote']

Yeh and Deco, but he hardly played at all last season, and I'd prefer to have Kakuta than Deco. Ballack was past it, and hopefully we'll have a replacement in for him in the next week or so, like Ramires.

We've not exactly got worse. We lost Joe Cole who hardly played last season anyway' date=' and I'm still expecting two fairly big signings this summer for us in midfield and a striker.

Oh, and when is Fergie retiring? I swear he keeps saying I am next season.....[/quote']

Time ticking for them to buy players

Fergie might go when he overtaken liverpool, he still knows his stuff and players, and 1 person is waiting for his job.

swanseajacks' date=' you say Man Utd need to freshen up, look at all the youngsters coming through like Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Smalling, De leat, Obertan, Gibson, Welbeck, Macheda, Amos, Anderson, Possebon, Cleverley. your talking rubbish, the team that need to freshen up is Chelsea with their old players. The reason Man Utd didn't get the title was injuries like the defence, VDS or Rooney at the end and referees.[/quote']

But there not first teamers, only Rafael, Evans & Gibson could play frequently in the United team.

Some of those youngsters wont even come through, De Laet, Amos, Posseban.

You can't blame anyone for the title, not referee's you get all the luck with the ref's, and it's not like injuries don't occur to the other 19 teams in the divison. So ... how many United games did you go to last season B)

But there not first teamers' date=' only Rafael, Evans & Gibson could play frequently in the United team.

Some of those youngsters wont even come through, De Laet, Amos, Posseban.

You can't blame anyone for the title, not referee's you get all the luck with the ref's, and it's not like injuries don't occur to the other 19 teams in the divison. [b']So ... how many United games did you go to last season B)[/b]

But with Fergie, he will give them a chance and they will feature hopefully that is why they all have be playing friendlies in America.

Some youth might not come through, gibson didnt come through til he was 22

We can blame stuff last season, we dont get it all are way just look at the 3 chelsea games, the liverpool game in september etc. injuries affected united quite a lot, rio and vidic only played like 10 games together last season. VDS missed the start, Rooney struggled at the end, we didnt even have a defence in the Fulham game when we lost 3-0.

I went to 0 games last year because of money problems and work

Oh' date=' and when is Fergie retiring? I swear he keeps saying I am next season.....[/quote']

Didn't he say one or two seasons back he intended to quit within three years? If he meant that, he's probably only going to do it for one/two more seasons. I wonder, though, if, when Fergie quits, United still haven't overtaken Liverpool's league wins total, is he going to end his career with a slight sense of dissapointment in his mind rather than being proud of all he did for that club? That wouldn't be right.

Also, how old is Redknapp? Surely it can't be that long before he retires? I'll be happy when he has :) .

whenever Fergie retires, he will always be remember and look upon as one of the best managers of all time that turned down the England job twice.

Man Utd will do something for Fergie.

1 man waiting for Fergie to retire, so he can be the man that feels his boots

My personal opinion :pa

wouldnt be surprising at all tbh' date=' esp if rooney's injury niggles carry on into the season

Although I don't think we'll win the title people need to think about they are talking. Chelsea have gotten worse where as we have stayed the same, if anything improved a bit. We came 2nd to a side to a side last season who set the record for most goals scored in a single season playing with our first choice back 5 just ONCE in the entire season.

imo last season you overacheived to be in it for so long, and lets face it for the last 20 odd years or so you havent finished outside the top 3, and you are due a bad season like ;)

Reason is money cant buy a team' date=' they brought no one special and if they keep buying how can the gel as a team.[/quote']

Didn't Man Utd spend loads of money in the 90's, early 00's and they somehow won loads of cup's with that team? But recently, they wasn't as success because they didn't spend that much and hardly brought in players (Class players). So, money is directly proportional to success, excluding Man City or course. :P

Didn't Man Utd spend loads of money in the 90's' date=' early 00's and they somehow won loads of cup's with that team? But recently, they wasn't as success because they didn't spend that much and hardly brought in players (Class players). So, money is directly proportional to success, excluding Man City or course. :P[/quote']

Actually Man Utd didn't have a good 2000 - 2006, only winning 2 league titles, geting knocked out in the group stage of 2004 champs league etc

Actually Man Utd didn't have a good 2000 - 2006' date=' only winning 2 league titles, geting knocked out in the group stage of 2004 champs league etc[/quote']

Yes because winning 2 league titles in 6 years is terrible.

And yes they spent a lot of money in the 90's and early 00's,

Yes because winning 2 league titles in 6 years is terrible.

And yes they spent a lot of money in the 90's and early 00's' date='[/quote']

well it is from a man utd fan point of veiw, all the other times during 2000 - 2006 Man Utd finished 3rd except for 05-06 season when Man Utd finished 2nd.

All Man utd won during 2000-2006 is 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup and 1 League Cup and that isnt good for United high expectations.

The main problem was the Goalkeeper, when Peter Schmeichel left to when Van Der Sar arrived, Man Utd had 9 different Keepers, that is shocking.

Man City lose to Sporting, shows what money can do, so so funny people thinking they will get top 4.

Like I said money can't buy a team unless you chelsea with Mourinho as manager. Also like i said Man City = Bunch of Individuas.

Man City lose to Sporting' date=' shows what money can do, so so funny people thinking they will get top 4.[/quote']

It's a friendly, it matters so little. It's just about getting the players back to full fitness, the result really doesn't matter. Swansea beat FC Twente in a friendly quiet comfortably last pre-season, it really doesn't matter.

Chelsea lost to Ajax, doesn't mean there anything less then the title favourites for the new season.

Leyton Orient beat Newcastle United 6-1 in a friendly last season, Newcastle went up comfortable as Championship champions and Orient had nothing more then an average season.

Bury have beaten Leeds 4-0 in a friendly this pre-seaon, that matters for nothing.

Man City lose to Sporting' date=' shows what money can do, so so funny people thinking they will get top 4.

Like I said money can't buy a team unless you chelsea with Mourinho as manager. Also like i said Man City = Bunch of Individuas.[/quote']

Oh yeah and a result from one pre-season friendly, will decide whether we get in the top 4 or not? :rolleyes: I stayed up half the night watching the game and did you see the team City played? Jo, Gregg Cunningham, Viera all started and some of the subs we brought on included Alex Nimely, John Guidetti and Andrew Tutte. Chelsea lost to Ajax yesterday, does that mean they won't win the title?

You talk so much BS! No doubt you probably live no-where near Manchester whilst wearing your replica, fake United shirt at this moment.

You were blaming refs and injuries for the reason why United didn't win the title before! Chelsea were class last year and were a mile ahead of you performance wise. United were lucky to take Chelsea to the last day IMO.

United can't strengthen the squad as much as other teams, so it will only be a matter of time before the Glazers take you down. :D Enjoy being 800m in debt!

Man United = A bunch of glory hunters!