Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Alright so im shamelessly plugging myself here but hey why not :o

Been planning on doing a website for a while and finally decided to do something about it. It's still a bit broken and needs alot of work but i put my first post up today and am looking for as much feedback as possible. In the future i hope to expand it and have it all running properly with a number of bloggers and eventually a community aspect to it but for right now it's extremely amaturish and something that is a work in progress so to speak.

I'm planning on writing 3 posts about this summers 3 big transfer Saga's the first of which is about Bale here If you have any feedback let me know via PM/DM!

Cap your I(s) mate ;)

Here's an example of production value that you could place as your target: http://www.zonalmarking.net/

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Been planning on doing a website for a while and finally decided to do something about it. It's still a bit broken and needs alot of work but i put my first post up today and am looking for as much feedback as possible. In the future i hope to expand it and have it all running properly with a number of bloggers and eventually a community aspect to it but for right now it's extremely amaturish and something that is a work in progress so to speak.

I'm planning on writing 3 posts about this summers 3 big transfer Saga's the first of which is about Bale here If you have any feedback let me know via PM/DM!

Also you put

'Without Bale last season Spurs would of struggled to push Arsenal'

When I think correctly it should be

'Without Bale last season Spurs would have struggled to push Arsenal'

I know it seems picky, but you have to make sure your grammar is spot on.

Also you put

'Without Bale last season Spurs would of struggled to push Arsenal'

When I think correctly it should be

'Without Bale last season Spurs would have struggled to push Arsenal'

I know it seems picky' date=' but you have to make sure your grammar is spot on.[/quote']

Not picky, just upholding a minimum standard in production value -- else your readers will start doubting your competence

Sagas not saga's its a plural. First 'Suarez" should have a '(s) afterwards. Champions League (caps at start)

Bale, who burts on to the scene needs a comma after Bale.

as far through as i have got, misso is dragging me off, but the fell is great article well written just your grammar and the like mate, good job

I'm not sure whether that's true, if he wasn't part of Coleman's plans for Wednesday he'd have been sent home like James Collins and Aaron Ramsey were.

Either way I'm completely bored of this 'saga' along with the Rooney and Suarez ones which are all complete speculation and none of the deals are actually imminent.

:rolleyes:

Show us 100m and then we can have a chat about him. Even then I doubt Levy will deal with you lot again.

Absolute bull article.

:rolleyes:

Show us 100m and then we can have a chat about him. Even then I doubt Levy will deal with you lot again.

Absolute bull article.

I'm pretty sure that he's going to Madrid.

Levy will do his usual trick of "playing hardball" before crumbling just ahead of the deadline and killing your Champions League chances.

Cardiff being held up on a signing due to the players image rights hm biggest signing yet I hope so :D

For Medel? We had the same situation with Ki.

Medel's a good player, and undoubtedly much better than you've already got but £11 million is a huge amount to spend on a holding midfielder when your in massive need of someone to create chances. Value for money there is poor considering Sevilla's financial situation, and considering the likes of Canas were available on free transfers.

You've improved your squad undoubtedly, but given the fact you were always going to spend £25 million plus I don't think you've improved as much as you could have done.

I think you'll stay up, but be in a relegation fight and finish around 15th or 16th as it stands. I can see you grinding out some narrow wins and draws, but I don't think you've got enough quality up front or in midfield to score enough goals to get any higher than that.

I'm pretty sure that he's going to Madrid.

Levy will do his usual trick of "playing hardball" before crumbling just ahead of the deadline and killing your Champions League chances.

He goes if it's on our terms. Simple as that. Levy won't make the same mistake again of not replacing adequately, i'm sure of that.

For Medel? We had the same situation with Ki.

Medel's a good player' date=' and undoubtedly much better than you've already got but £11 million is a huge amount to spend on a holding midfielder when your in massive need of someone to create chances. Value for money there is poor considering Sevilla's financial situation, and considering the likes of Canas were available on free transfers.

You've improved your squad undoubtedly, but given the fact you were always going to spend £25 million plus I don't think you've improved as much as you could have done.

I think you'll stay up, but be in a relegation fight and finish around 15th or 16th as it stands. I can see you grinding out some narrow wins and draws, but I don't think you've got enough quality up front or in midfield to score enough goals to get any higher than that.[/quote']

No Medel has already signed an other player on the way . I think he's a great signing but like you said 11mil is alot

We will bring 2 more quality players before September 2nd.

A good winger is what we need now

Jiloan Hamad has apparently received a contract offer from West Ham. If he does accept' date=' then West Ham have got themselves a good player.

West Brom are close to signing [b']Matej Vydra[/b] on a loan deal. He had a great season with Watford last season and I reckon he's capable of replacing Lukaku.

Looking forward to seeing what Vydra can do in the top flight.

Jiloan Hamad has apparently received a contract offer from West Ham. If he does accept' date=' then West Ham have got themselves a good player.

West Brom are close to signing Matej Vydra on a loan deal. He had a great season with Watford last season and I reckon he's capable of replacing Lukaku.[/quote']

Judging by Hamad's two appearances against us, he's not up to Premier League standard. Some awful finishing, diving and never even threatened Davies or Taylor.

Vydra should be a good signing, I'd have liked him but for some reason his agent has ruled us out in favour of West Ham or West Brom.

Judging by Hamad's two appearances against us' date=' he's not up to Premier League standard. Some awful finishing, diving and never even threatened Davies or Taylor.[/quote']

First of all he didn't dive. Now I disagree and it seems the West Ham scouts/Sam Allardyce would. I think he'd do alright. He'd have 10 good player around him to help him out. His finishing isn't the best (his finishing has improved this season) but he's a winger. If you seen him play, he has a free role. He was mostly in the middle on the pitch during the game.

First of all he didn't dive. Now I disagree and it seems the West Ham scouts/Sam Allardyce would. I think he'd do alright. He'd have 10 good player around him to help him out. His finishing isn't the best (his finishing has improved this season) but he's a winger. If you seen him play' date=' he has a free role. He was mostly in the middle on the pitch during the game.[/quote']

His only notable contribution to either match was to dive.

And he wasn't very impressive in the middle of the pitch either. I disagree with Sam Allardyce's judgement, I don't see what he really offers from watching him.

At West Ham he wouldn't have 10 good players around him, he'd be more than likely playing in front of Joey O'Brien. The typical Allardyce winger is someone who can give some service to the strikers, and I didn't really see him as someone who's naturally that type of player.

I think he'd be a squad player at best but below the likes of Jarvis, Joe Cole and Downing in the pecking order.