bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

I think Stoke should be much nicer to watch this season without Pulis in charge. Hughes has always tried to play decent football with his lesser sides in the past and I think he's been brought in to try and improve the standard at Stoke. Whether it'll succeed or not is another matter. He started well in the market but their attacking players still lack flair for me.

I know - sadly it doesn't sit well with my one track record history :)

I think Stoke should be much nicer to watch this season without Pulis in charge. Hughes has always tried to play decent football with his lesser sides in the past and I think he's been brought in to try and improve the standard at Stoke. Whether it'll succeed or not is another matter. He started well in the market but their attacking players still lack flair for me.

He ain't gunna be able to change that much in the limited time he has and the players signed so far seem to be more of the usual Stoke type signings.

I expect them to be pretty much the same when they visit Anfield tomorrow how it evolves throughout the season who knows but there really ain't that many "footballers" as such at Stoke.

Liverpool 2-1 Stoke

Arsenal 1-2Villa

Norwich 2-1 Everton

Sunderland 2-0 Fulham

WBA 1-1 Southampton

West Ham 2-0 Cardiff

Swansea 1 - 2 Man United

Palace 0 - 2 Spurs

Chelsea 3-0 Hull

Man City 2-1 Newcastle

He ain't gunna be able to change that much in the limited time he has and the players signed so far seem to be more of the usual Stoke type signings.

I expect them to be pretty much the same when they visit Anfield tomorrow how it evolves throughout the season who knows but there really ain't that many "footballers" as such at Stoke.

Wilkinson's a right thug and he should be out for Pieters. They could also move Huth across to RB and put Muniesa in the middle with Shawcross which should add a bit more guile. Strange signings though as their defence was by far their strongest department yet that's what's been strengthened and their midfield and attack is still full of overpaid, average players bought to fit a dull system.

There are a few decent players in there like Shea, N'Zonzi and potentially Adam if he's pushed up behind the forwards. I expect them to be similar in that they can't offer much creatively and their defence will still be pretty strong, but hopefully they'll try and keep the ball on the floor more in the build-up and won't be so aggressive without the ball.

Wilkinson's a right thug and he should be out for Pieters. They could also move Huth across to RB and put Muniesa in the middle with Shawcross which should add a bit more guile. Strange signings though as their defence was by far their strongest department yet that's what's been strengthened and their midfield and attack is still full of overpaid' date=' average players bought to fit a dull system.[/quote']

I wouldnt say they are strange signings, we've needed a left back for a few years now, Although he wasnt bad there Wilson is actually a midfielder, Pulis should of signed one in January when Wilson was injured but didnt, I expect Muniesa to be cover most of the time, Wilkinsons main position is right back so he wouldnt be out for Pieters, I think atm Cameron is ahead of him anyway, should be Cameron, Shawcross, Huth and Pieters at the back tomorrow.

I disagree going from our game against Genoa at the Brit last weekend, we were much better on the floor, its just going be a matter of how many we are scoring still, Hughes has said hes trying get a striker or two in so i think we might sign somebody before the transfer window shuts.

I wouldnt say they are strange signings' date=' we've needed a left back for a few years now, Although he wasnt bad there Wilson is actually a midfielder, Pulis should of signed one in January when Wilson was injured but didnt, I expect Muniesa to be cover most of the time, Wilkinsons main position is right back so he wouldnt be out for Pieters, I think atm Cameron is ahead of him anyway, should be Cameron, Shawcross, Huth and Pieters at the back tomorrow.

I disagree going from our game against Genoa at the Brit last weekend, we were much better on the floor, its just going be a matter of how many we are scoring still, Hughes has said hes trying get a striker or two in so i think we might sign somebody before the transfer window shuts.[/quote']

Still a lot of Predujice about Stoke and the way they play,think they may suprise a few people this season.

If you bring in players from Holland,Spain etc its obvious they are looking at changing the style of play.

Think they will give Liverpool a game tommorow,be interesting to see how the new Liverpool players bed in,although if Coutinho starts the season the way he finished it,no doubt will be the key man.

Wilkinson's a right thug and he should be out for Pieters. They could also move Huth across to RB and put Muniesa in the middle with Shawcross which should add a bit more guile. Strange signings though as their defence was by far their strongest department yet that's what's been strengthened and their midfield and attack is still full of overpaid' date=' average players bought to fit a dull system.

There are a few decent players in there like Shea, N'Zonzi and potentially Adam if he's pushed up behind the forwards. I expect them to be similar in that they can't offer much creatively and their defence will still be pretty strong, but hopefully they'll try and keep the ball on the floor more in the build-up and won't be so aggressive without the ball.[/quote']

I don't really think Shea is what I would class as a "footballer" and neither is N'Zonzi.

I wouldnt say they are strange signings' date=' we've needed a left back for a few years now, Although he wasnt bad there Wilson is actually a midfielder, Pulis should of signed one in January when Wilson was injured but didnt, I expect Muniesa to be cover most of the time, Wilkinsons main position is right back so he wouldnt be out for Pieters, I think atm Cameron is ahead of him anyway, should be Cameron, Shawcross, Huth and Pieters at the back tomorrow.

I disagree going from our game against Genoa at the Brit last weekend, we were much better on the floor, its just going be a matter of how many we are scoring still, Hughes has said hes trying get a striker or two in so i think we might sign somebody before the transfer window shuts.[/quote']

I don't think one game in pre-season against a side further behind in preparation is much to go on.

No manager can fundamentally change a style that quick and when results start to matter the players will revert to tried and tested. he has to if you are serious about a fundamental change in footballing philosophy start to sign more what I would call "footballers" because no disrespect but you don't have many of that ilk IMO.

Pieters is a big full back, Muniesa will probably be a sub and you have added nobody of note in the midfield/forward areas which are the fundamental areas which dictate the quality and type of football you will produce. You at this point have not added anybody to the squad that would signal a real shift in policy. Obviously there is time to go and that may change.

Still a lot of Predujice about Stoke and the way they play' date='think they may suprise a few people this season.

If you bring in players from Holland,Spain etc its obvious they are looking at changing the style of play.

Think they will give Liverpool a game tommorow,be interesting to see how the new Liverpool players bed in,although if Coutinho starts the season the way he finished it,no doubt will be the key man.[/quote']

I never criticised Stoke for there style of play.

Do I enjoy watching it as a football purist no I don't but every team is entitled to play the way they see fit and the opposition has to counter it.

Stoke always give us a hard game and I expect the same tomorrow we can be bullied physically and set-plays will be a real worry. Our recent record against Stoke is very uninspiring as well, I would not in the slightest bit be surprised if we dropped points.

As a Liverpool fan I always feel more threatened playing the more physically imposing sides than the footballing ones.

Sorry guys but honestly we all know the premier league will be poor, yet again, with out Leeds Utd there to grace it and teach your boys a thing or two about football ;)

Still you only have one more season to wait till we return - just twiddle your thumbs till then eh?

Liverpool 2 - 0 Stoke

Arsenal 1 - 2 Villa

Norwich 1 - 1 Everton

Sunderland 2 - 3 Fulham

WBA 1 - 3 Southampton

West Ham 1 - 0 Cardiff

Swansea 3-1 United

Palace 0 - 4 Spurs

Chelsea 3 - 0 Hull

City 5 - 0 Newcastle

Liverpool 2 : 1 Stoke City

Arsenal 3 : 1 Aston Villa

Norwich 0 : 2 Everton

Sunderland 1 : 1 Fulham

West Brom 1 : 2 Southampton

West Ham 1 : 1 Cardiff

Swansea 1 : 3 Man Utd

Crystal Palace 0 : 2 Tottenham

Chelsea 4 : 1 Hull

Man City 3 : 2 Newcastle

Chelsea 3 : 1 Aston Villa

Liverpool 0 - 0 Stoke

Arsenal 2 - 2 Villa

Norwich 2 - 0 Everton

Sunderland 2 - 0 Fulham

WBA 1 - 1 Southampton

West Ham 3 - 1 Cardiff

Swansea 1-2 United

Palace 1 - 3 Spurs

Chelsea 3 - 0 Hull

City 2 - 0 Newcastle

Liverpool 0 - 1 Stoke

Arsenal 3 - 1 Villa

Norwich 1 -2 Everton

Sunderland 2 - 0 Fulham

WBA 1 - 3 Southampton

West Ham 2 - 1 Cardiff

Swansea 1-1 United

Palace 1 - 1 Spurs

Chelsea 2 - 0 Hull

City 4 - 0 Newcastle

"That's less the case in nearly all the other countries and that's why the Premier League is more interesting. I believe we are picking from six teams, including Liverpool and Tottenham."

And that was a good joke from Wenger

"That's less the case in nearly all the other countries and that's why the Premier League is more interesting. I believe we are picking from six teams' date=' including Liverpool and Tottenham."

And that was a good joke from Wenger[/quote']

England has more financial might across teams and even bottom teams have enough appeal to grab players from mid-to-top tier clubs in other major leagues. That's what making it interesting.

This is really the key point whenever league comparisons are made and everything else is just cra-p people are throwing in to either be nice and diplomatic (Wenger here...which is fine) or random points thrown around to distract people from the main point.

Liverpool 1-0 Stoke City

Arsenal 2-1 Aston Villa

Norwich 1-1 Everton

Sunderland 2-1 Fulham

West Brom 1-0 Saints

West Ham 3-1 Cardiff

Swansea 1-1 Man United

Crystal Palace 1-2 Spurs

Chelsea 4-0 Hull City

Man City 2-0 Newcastle

England has more financial might across teams and even bottom teams have enough appeal to grab players from mid-to-top tier clubs in other major leagues. That's what making it interesting.

This is really the key point whenever league comparisons are made and everything else is just cra-p people are throwing in to either be nice and diplomatic (Wenger here...which is fine) or random points thrown around to distract people from the main point.

What's your point?:confused:

I think all big clubs will lose the opening match.

Liverpool 0-2 Stoke City

Arsenal 1-2 Aston Villa

Norwich 1-2 Everton

Sunderland 1-2 Fulham

West Brom 1-0 Saints

West Ham 3-1 Cardiff

Swansea 3-2 Man United

Crystal Palace 2-0 Spurs

Chelsea 0-1 Hull City

Man City 0-2 Newcastle

I think all big clubs will lose the opening match.

Liverpool 0-2 Stoke City

Arsenal 1-2 Aston Villa

Norwich 1-2 Everton

Sunderland 1-2 Fulham

West Brom 1-0 Saints

West Ham 3-1 Cardiff

Swansea 3-2 Man United

Crystal Palace 2-0 Spurs

Chelsea 0-1 Hull City

Man City 0-2 Newcastle

Corr... Crystal Palace and Hull to win?! You on Crystal Meth? (See what I did there?)