bcfc12345

Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

;2696179']Calum Chambers looked solid ;)

Going to put some good pressure on Clyne for the RB spot which will be good for Southampton as the only player in the squad who has/can play Rb bar Clyne is Cork and although he's solid there he's much better in the center of the park. Chambers offers lots going forward also having started out as a Winger and showed vs Sociedad he adds something going forward.

As for Ward-Prowse he played well today offered something from set pieces and seems to be comfortable within the first team squad, Personally feel he will feature more a lot more than he did last term can see him being a bigger rotation option than some of the other options.

Bony coming on for the Swans ... lets hope he can bag a goal

Haha love Koscielny's reaction to the second penalty, as a ref that's when you know when you've royally buggered it! From what I read I thought his second yellow was stonewall but having just watched it he barely touched him, though it was an ugly lunge.

I stand by what I said a few weeks ago ... Villa's away kit are by far the best looking kit in the league!

Villa's away kit is absolutely dreadful just seen it on MOTD' date=' absolutely awful sorry but it really is.

It's been a good week for the 'useless' man hasn't it :P:rolleyes:

yep a few egg on face on this forum......

Said United would beat Swansea easily enough and so it proved by the looks of it. Talk of there demise by the majority of this forum seems to be a bit premature

At the end of the day it is the same players who walked the title last year and you all put way to much emphasis on bacon face rather than admitting to the quality of there players.

United's finishing was top quality and blew us away' date=' but the performance from us was good and I don't think anyone played particularly poorly.[/quote']I thought Williams and Flores had bad games, and not sure that Canas was an improvement on what you already have. Maybe he's settling though.

I thought Williams and Flores had bad games' date=' and not sure that Canas was an improvement on what you already have. Maybe he's settling though.[/quote']

Canas had a very good game, he's more physical than Leon which was probably needed. He might not be better than what we have, but he's as good as what we've got, joined on a free and the strength in depth is needed for European football.

Looking back at the goals, there was a couple of defensive errors. Rangel played Van Persie on for the first goal, the second goal was poor defending from Chico and Davies. The defending was a bit disappointing on the day but I'm not worried by it, Chico and Williams were outstanding for us last season.

Canas had a very good game' date=' he's more physical than Leon which was probably needed. He might not be better than what we have, but he's as good as what we've got, joined on a free and the strength in depth is needed for European football.

Looking back at the goals, there was a couple of defensive errors. Rangel played Van Persie on for the first goal, the second goal was poor defending from Chico and Davies. The defending was a bit disappointing on the day but I'm not worried by it, Chico and Williams were outstanding for us last season.[/quote']

Williams was awful, couldn't handle Van Persie! He kept getting caught underneath the ball or was miles away from him.

Canas had a very good game' date=' he's more physical than Leon which was probably needed. He might not be better than what we have, but he's as good as what we've got, joined on a free and the strength in depth is needed for European football.

Looking back at the goals, there was a couple of defensive errors. Rangel played Van Persie on for the first goal, the second goal was poor defending from Chico and Davies. The defending was a bit disappointing on the day but I'm not worried by it, Chico and Williams were outstanding for us last season.[/quote']Yeah I suppose he'll be a good squad player for Europe, and i reckon he could be very good in time. Just looked a bit off for me today.

Suppose you have to remember you were playing the best team in the league though!

Williams was awful' date=' couldn't handle Van Persie! He kept getting caught underneath the ball or was miles away from him.[/quote']

He's the best striker in the league for a reason. He was too good for us, but Williams was one of the strongest defenders in the league last season and we'll be lucky to keep hold of him.

Solid Performance Yesterday.

I really dont want Rooney to leave but his attitude has really angered me.not celebrating the 4th goal was understandable as he was injured but the main cause of concern was the 3rd goal that why wasnt he with the team and was walking in the center of the park without any reason..

Now I really dont want him to leave for Chelsea,but if he does that then I agree with Cheekylad's post on the other thread that let him rot on the bench for the next 2 years.

4 academy graduates in the first 11 yesterday! Chambers looked solid and Shaw + JWP looked superb. Looked as if we dominated the first 60 minutes before WBA came back into it. Great run from Shaw to win the penalty and it was never in doubt Rickie was going to bury that!

Really really looking forward to the rest of the season now Sunderland at home next then Norwich (A) and West Ham (H) no reason why we couldn't win all 4 but then again their all very good sides who will give us a good match in different ways!

Want to see Omar Rowe , Jake Sinclair and Harrison Reed maybe get a chance in the first team if only as subs in a cup match. Really impressed me against Liverpool U21's the other week and caused problems all match. Heard alot of good things about the 3 of them and was my first real opportunity to watch them all for an entire game , was very impressed!

I can't believe Palace have gone in to the season without strengthening their defence, the defence of Delaney, Gabbidon, Ward and Moxey is laughable really and with a defence like that they aren't giving themselves a fighting chance at this level.

None of that defence is anything more than average at Championship level.

Think that this is the worst Premier League side since Derby unless they do something drastic in the next couple of weeks.

I can't believe Palace have gone in to the season without strengthening their defence' date=' the defence of Delaney, Gabbidon, Ward and Moxey is laughable really and with a defence like that they aren't giving themselves a fighting chance at this level.

Think that this is the worst Premier League side since Derby unless they do something drastic in the next couple of weeks.[/quote']

True, but JEDINAK look decent in front of them

I can't believe Palace have gone in to the season without strengthening their defence' date=' the defence of Delaney, Gabbidon, Ward and Moxey is laughable really and with a defence like that they aren't giving themselves a fighting chance at this level.

Think that this is the worst Premier League side since Derby unless they do something drastic in the next couple of weeks.[/quote']

I see them doing a Reading.Going straight down as they have hardly bought any premier league experienced defenders.

All signs now suggesting that Pablo Osvaldo has accepted Saints and is imminent. He's got class but the fee being suggested is a hell of a lot and he's a 'temperamental' character, shall we say.

Fair to say that I'm conflicted on this one.