Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Osvaldo will be good signing. His attitude never the best one and he never stay around at one club for more than 2 years but he'll surely get you goals and something different from Lambert. He also play his best football arguably under Pocchettino at Espanyol so he surely know how to utilise Osvaldo

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

Hull are awful but Chelsea are outstanding.

If Chelsea had a striker like' date=' well... erm... sturridge they would be lethal.

Also im here to eat some humble pie and say that UTD are better than i gave them credit of being a week ago (although in my defence i did say last week there is no way they would finish outside top 4)[/quote']

haha! Had to laugh Swansea will stuff Man U from various people on here! hahahahaha!

Chelsea great first half not as good in 2nd, but first half was a masterclass, but will deffo be up there come May,

Lets see how City fair 2night

Can your cystal ball be more specific so I can put some money on the correct result? :rolleyes:

Sure' date=' 1-1 draw or City lose 1-0.

2nd prediction spurs will get more of those scrappy one nil wins this season but wont finish in the top 4, I'm thinking 5/6 spot.

3rd, Mile Jedinak to move in the Jan transfer window.[/i'] smileys-letter-652929.gif

Moyes has to be taking the monkey with that bid for Fellaini and Baines surely. £28m for both is pretty insulting to Everton. Fellaini had a £23m clause that expired in July so that puts it into perspective

Standard United lowballing. Do this so the players kick up a fuss and they get them for cheaper.

Moyes has to be taking the monkey with that bid for Fellaini and Baines surely. £28m for both is pretty insulting to Everton. Fellaini had a £23m clause that expired in July so that puts it into perspective

Paper Talk, i doubt they will move to Man U, i actually both will stay at Everton at least until Jan Window.

I think the Bale Race will hot up this week, alot of whispers that Moyes wants Bale but Spurs will refuse any offers from another EPl club.

Being an Aberdeen fan & the soft spot a some aberdeen fans have for Spurs i hope he stays, but cant see it! Was hoping to see Bale again when i come down in Feb for a match, but im sure AVB will spend the £££££s well

Also do we think Rooney will move?? If so will Moyes sign a replacement?

Paper Talk' date=' i doubt they will move to Man U, i actually both will stay at Everton at least until Jan Window.

I think the Bale Race will hot up this week, alot of whispers that Moyes wants Bale but Spurs will refuse any offers from another EPl club.

Being an Aberdeen fan & the connection with Spurs i hope he stays, but cant see it! Was hoping to see Bale again when i come down in Feb for a match, but im sure AVB will spend the £££££s well

Also do we think Rooney will move?? If so will Moyes sign a replacement?[/quote']

I imagine Rooney will move in the week after United play Chelsea. United would be crazy not to accept a big money offer from Chelsea for a player who seemingly wants out (again) but likewise they'd be crazier to do so before playing them this time next week.

I imagine Rooney will move in the week after United play Chelsea. United would be crazy not to accept a big money offer from Chelsea for a player who seemingly wants out (again) but likewise they'd be crazier to do so before playing them this time next week.

I'm pretty confident he'll stay,Moyes doesnt wants to sell him maybe he moves on next summer but there's an equal chance he may do another U-Turn.

He would then have to sign a replacement, but i dont know who you can sign to replace Rooney, which makes the Bale story have some meat to it, though i cant see him in the red of Man U, more the White of Real

He would then have to sign a replacement' date=' but i dont know who you can sign to replace Rooney, which makes the Bale story have some meat to it, though i cant see him in the red of Man U, more the White of Real[/quote']

I still think Lewandowski could be tempted. I know that he wants to go to Bayern but he's in the last year of his contract. He could be available for relative snip

I still think Lewandowski could be tempted. I know that he wants to go to Bayern but he's in the last year of his contract. He could be available for relative snip

Yeah that could be a possiblity' date=' but me personally think Man U will only sell Rooney when they basically have another player ready to sign on the dotted line, Moyes and the Glazers would get slated if they didnt bring in at least 1 big name on selling Rooney!

Ronaldo...;)

Rumours of Ozil/Kaka as well

Ronaldo just cant see its same goes with Ozil, could be truth in Kaka though

One things for sure agents will be making up all sorts of rubbish for the papers from now till Transfer deadline day, to see if they can get there player a move!

Roll on Jim White on deadline day!

I read somewhere that Everton spent around £23m on the pair of them to begin with.

United need to add another £10m IMO

£10million added will get you around their actual value so at least £15million more is needed in my opinion to make it worthwhile us selling. An extra £20million for United though.

I'm pretty confident he'll stay' date='Moyes doesnt wants to sell him maybe he moves on next summer but there's an equal chance he may do another U-Turn.[/quote']

Rooney doesn't like Moyes, that is why he is leaving.

;2697725']

Very much a Top 10 side!

Boruc

Clyne -- Lovren -- Yoshida -- Shaw

Wanyama -- Schniederlin

Ramirez ------9000-------- Lallana ©

Osvaldo -- Lambert

Clyne instead of Chambers , the lads good but not enough to take Clyne off the XI and also Yoshida instead of Fonte! :P Still loving the fact we now have a strong Xi and squad feel a lot more confident having Jay Rod , Cork , Punch , Hoovield , Fonte , Chambers , Mayuka , Davis and even Guly in the squad behind this 11 (not that there subs just on paper) , definitely the makings of a top 10 side if i dont say myself :P

Clyne instead of Chambers ' date=' the lads good but not enough to take Clyne off the XI and also Yoshida instead of Fonte! :P Still loving the fact we now have a strong Xi and squad feel a lot more confident having Jay Rod , Cork , Punch , Hoovield , Fonte , Chambers , Mayuka , Davis and even Guly in the squad behind this 11 (not that there subs just on paper) , definitely the makings of a top 10 side if i dont say myself :P[/quote']

I just hope that all the spending won't catch up with you at some point!

Should be a great team to watch, which might actually have a decent chance at one of the cups a la Swansea

Arsenal have made a cheeky bid for Yohan Kebab.

Arsenal have made a bid of around £10m for Newcastle's Yohan Cabaye - which the Magpies are expected to dismiss.

— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) August 19' date=' 2013

[/quote']

Sky Sports News@SkySportsNews

BREAKING: Arsenal target Yohan Cabaye: I'm staying at Newcastle as I want a chance to win trophies ~ssn

Made me laugh at lunch time

Clyne instead of Chambers ' date=' the lads good but not enough to take Clyne off the XI and also Yoshida instead of Fonte! :P Still loving the fact we now have a strong Xi and squad feel a lot more confident having Jay Rod , Cork , Punch , Hoovield , Fonte , Chambers , Mayuka , Davis and even Guly in the squad behind this 11 (not that there subs just on paper) , definitely the makings of a top 10 side if i dont say myself :P[/quote']

Up there with Swansea and Everton for sure.

Na not yet not for me, definetley not Everton anyhow.

Do find United's 28M joint bid for Fellani and Baines a joke though.

Two years back I was reading Moyes said

"Everton sell at excessively high prices that is what we do here"

So he originally makes a 12M bid for Baines, that is rejected so he then makes a double bid where he values Baines at 12M.....slightly dumb and slightly insulting to say the least.

Baines for me is easily the best LB in the League and whilst personally I am not a massive fan of Fellani as I think he is vastly overrated in some quarters 16M for him is also undercooked.

Around 40M for the pair is I think fair market value.

I just hope that all the spending won't catch up with you at some point!

Should be a great team to watch' date=' which might actually have a decent chance at one of the cups a la Swansea[/quote']

I doubt that very much in Cortese we have a very clever and astute chairman who has a great control over the finances and wouldn't let us over spend. We've hardly gone mad; we've added two players for reasonable fee's in Wanyama and Lovren who if perform to a good level will prove to be worth every penny and will be worth a lot more than we brought them for. Osvaldo is £12.8m up front with future payments based on achievement taking the transfer to £14.5m. No one will be on massive wages and with the youngster average squad in the league along with considerable financial backing were be fine!

Would take a top 8 finish (unlikely but not impossible) over a cup run but i wouldn't mind a trip to Wembely in the FA Cup not that fussed by the league

cup!

Frederik Sorensen is being linked to Southampton! It'll be another great signing for them from the Serie A if they can get him. With him joining' date=' It'll give them a nice future in a CB and 5 CB's to be used when they want. :)[/quote']

Would be happy with that we need more cover in defense and from the little i've seen of him i would take him over Fonte or Hoovield!

Hopefully!