Official Premier League Discussion Thread

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread

Na not yet not for me' date=' definetley not Everton anyhow.

Do find United's 28M joint bid for Fellani and Baines a joke though.

Two years back I was reading Moyes said

"Everton sell at excessively high prices that is what we do here"

So he originally makes a 12M bid for Baines, that is rejected so he then makes a double bid where he values Baines at 12M.....slightly dumb and slightly insulting to say the least.

Baines for me is easily the best LB in the League and whilst personally I am not a massive fan of Fellani as I think he is vastly overrated in some quarters 16M for him is also undercooked.

Around 40M for the pair is I think fair market value.[/quote']

Everton can keep the pair of them, don't see the point in bringing either in. I'd rather progress with what we have at the moment and look at alternative targets in Jan or next summer.

It's likely to reduce our chances of winning silverware this season, but if Moyes is a long-term project, why not think long-term and make the likes of Gündoğan and Shaw our main targets for next season?

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Premiership 2010/2011 Disscussion Hi Premiership, We're loaning you Swanseajack for a year. Look after him well. Just entertain him. He often fails to make sense and likes to talk a lot, but I'm

Re: Official Premier League Discussion Thread Wow what an unbelievable cup upset today seeing Liverpool turn over the Worldwide Super Heavyweights of Crystal Palace.... Went into the game today with

Re: Premier League Discussion Thread So, how did clubs do in the window as a whole? Arsenal Finally sold off a lot of deadwood like Denilson, Arshavin and Squillaci. Not sure Flamini has the qualit

3rd' date=' Mile Jedinak to move in the Jan transfer window.[/quote']

If Jedi goes, we go down, simple as. Our most important player by a mile, MOTM by far yesterday. Was more important last season than Wilf and Glenn which reflected his Player of the Year award.

He has a year left on his contract, I'd imagine he'll wait until the end of the season and see if we've stayed up, if not he'll be off I'm afraid. Far too good for us.

Decent move for both player and club' date=' never really thought he wanted to step down a league in all honesty (Q.P.R rumours).

This stage in his career he needs first team football.[/font']

Yeah I think first team football will be good for him, good move for both player and club.

MAN CITY

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero.

SUBS: Pantilimon, Negredo, Milner, Kolarov, Garcia, Nasri, Rodwell.

NEWCASTLE

Krul; Debuchy, Taylor, Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse.

SUBS: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi.

No Cabaye...

And Liverpool.

Southampton are up with us you're right unfortunately you and Swansea are trailing by 2 and 3 points respectively. :)

MAN CITY

Hart' date=' Zabaleta, Kompany ©, Lescott, Clichy, Navas, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Dzeko, Aguero.

SUBS: Pantilimon, Negredo, Milner, Kolarov, Garcia, Nasri, Rodwell.

NEWCASTLE

Krul; Debuchy, Taylor, Coloccini ©, Yanga-Mbiwa; Tiote, Gutierrez; Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse.

SUBS: Elliot, Dummett, Anita, Marveaux, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi.

No Cabaye...[/quote']

Yep think we can take it as red Mr Kebab may be on his way.

City to win 3-0 I fear for Newcastle this season.

Carra is a dream on MNF.

Just tells it how it is no messing, no worrying about upsetting anybody just the way it should be. personal fave's so far:

Neville: Van Persie is like a burglar coming to your house

Carra: You would be hiding under the bed so no need for you to worry :P

Also liked the way he just spoke the truth with regards to Arsenal the only people who overspend at Arsenal are the supporters and you feel for them.

Carra is a dream on MNF.

Just tells it how it is no messing' date=' no worrying about upsetting anybody just the way it should be. personal fave's so far:

Neville: Van Persie is like a burglar coming to your house

Carra: You would be hiding under the bed so no need for you to worry :P

Also liked the way he just spoke the truth with regards to Arsenal the only people who overspend at Arsenal are the supporters and you feel for them.[/quote']

He called Lescott, Kolorov and Javi Garcia 'useless' and have 'no idea what they're doing' :D:D

He called Lescott' date=' Kolorov and Javi Garcia 'useless' and have 'no idea what they're doing' :D:D[/quote']

To be fair the game he was referring to he was right and besides Javi Garcia has been fairly useless in general ever since he arrived.

1-0 City already long night for the toon.

improved a little but the gap should be doubled' date=' absolute stone wall penalty on Toure for me.

Ben Arfa looking bright though be great to see him stay injury free[/quote']

I thought it was a clear peno as well on first viewing but on the replay with the best angle it looked to be nowhere near enough pressure to make a man like Yaya go down.

improved a little but the gap should be doubled' date=' absolute stone wall penalty on Toure for me.

Ben Arfa looking bright though be great to see him stay injury free[/quote']

City have looked much more dangerous going forward, precise shot from Aguero just made it 2-0.

I didn't think it was a penalty but my stream is dodgy so I need to see it again, agreed on Ben Arfa, surprised there hasn't been more interest in him.